What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zack pls stop

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
and dtog, once you go beds youll never look back. unless you absolutely HAVE to move stuff around all the time theres no better way to get dirty. imho of course but i wouldnt blow smoke atcha. you see me working them

20sackzack

Yeah when you lay down a thick layer it does become a bit hard to penetrate with water at first. A good way to avoid that is, water lightly (enough to lightly pool the surface) every plant. Then come back to each plant and actually water. By this time (depending on how many plants.) the surface mulch layer has imbibed enough water to go through watering each plant as usual with no pooling. I usually avoid the really muddy type earthworm castings and like the dry corse bigger particle castings. Nice deal on the castings. Try and find out who makes them and what with. Some people will just feed the earthworms manure, those are the dudes with the best deals. Try and find someone who feeds them fruit, yard compost, coffee grounds (just good stuff). Better yet, the best way to get something done is do it yourself. That would be the ideal method.

Good point about the importance of food sources for quality castings. If I end up buying some I will ask

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread till now. I won't miss any updates now, lol. You were saying about the light hood leaking air some. You can use that same duct tape you used for connecting the ductwork to seal the lights. Works like a charm and better than "duck tape" .

Regular duck tape will come undone in spots from the heat created by the light. But that silver shit will stay in place and seal things up for as long as you want it that way.

Really digging your bed as well man. I'm coming real close to setting up a bed like that myself. I think though I'm gonna do a small bed (10-20 gals) first and see how I like it before I commit to using more than half of my floor space for a single container(4x4).

Dtog in the house! Now it's a party! Things are just about to get interesting in here. Got little puffballs forming all over the tent. This morning I noticed the purple tangie is already starting to change color in the very newest calyx growth. Should turn out pretty purple I imagine

As far as taping up the hood I've definitely thought about it. But I actually kinda of want a little leakage... lol never thought I'd say that.. it creates a little positive pressure in the tent that helps slightly with humidity and exchanging air. Although it would be smarter to have the air coming out before the hood so it's not hot air leaking out. I might fix it if i get time.

I think a 2×4 bed would be good to start with. You could put casters on the bottom to make it moveable. It might take up more floor space, but you can also fit more plants in it so it kinda evens that out

i hate to continue supporting these fuckers but the gorilla glue tape is the best by far. i suggest we all rack a few rolls at any given opportunity. i will never give them a single dime but i need that tape. im robbing them every chance i get.

yeah i was referring to the guys in the video lol. you guys made some excellent counter points i havent had a chance to see how they break down over time yet. its certainly something i will keep in mind i have alot of rice hulls on hand.

pics look great man, how did that tangie glue turn out? im running them side by side now and the thought of the two together makes me curious

Shit I forgot about gorilla tape. That stuff kicks ass for sure I need to pick some up. I wonder of it would stick to the outside of the tent as the aluminum tape does not. I also saw a roll of this super heavy duty foil tape that is weather and temperature resistant

Seemed badass, but it was like 20 bucks so I got the cheaper shit. I might go back for it though as some of my seals in the tent are already getting a little loose from the high humidity

That citrus sap was a great plant. On of the biggest and produced the best quality out of the others I ran. Not sure if it was because it was grown outdoor but it developed this crazy scent. It literally smelled like dank fried chicken when it was on the plant. Straight greasy KFC bucket smell lol it was so strange. That died down in the cure a lot but my girl still calls it the chicken weed lol

xFFS0T4.jpg

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
gorilla tape sticks to my tent better than the other stuff you find in a reg store. still not perfect on the tent fabric but i only mess with it once a week or two instead of every other dat

Blazeee

Veteran
Wow I cant believe I didnt get round to reading your thread earlier, I love what youve done with that tent, it looks like a really great setup and your girls look nice and healthy.

By installing the AC and air cooling the 1000w, have you effectively sealed your tent then? Looking at your pics I cant see the carbon filter in there anymore, are you having any issues with smell leaks? And if you did have smell leaks could you just put a small fan and filter in the tent but not have it exhausting air out the tent? You got any plans to try and introduce CO2 later down the line?

Great work so far, im looking forward to seeing more updates.

:tiphat:

20sackzack

Wow I cant believe I didnt get round to reading your thread earlier, I love what youve done with that tent, it looks like a really great setup and your girls look nice and healthy.

By installing the AC and air cooling the 1000w, have you effectively sealed your tent then? Looking at your pics I cant see the carbon filter in there anymore, are you having any issues with smell leaks? And if you did have smell leaks could you just put a small fan and filter in the tent but not have it exhausting air out the tent? You got any plans to try and introduce CO2 later down the line?

Great work so far, im looking forward to seeing more updates.

Thanks bro, glad to have u here for the show. The tent is not technically sealed because there is some air leaking out of my hood making positive pressure. I could change that if I wanted but for now it seems to be working alright

As far as adding co2 goes, I might consider trying it in the future. I've heard it can leak out of tents pretty easily and my cheapo definitely has some pinholes

I'm not super concerned with smells but I plan on setting up a 4" fan on a scrubber outside the tent probably on a timer. If that isn't enough I'll try putting it in the tent

Purple tangie

W1Vl1Oq.jpg

Animal cooks

ERfCtvT.jpg

Mendobreath

KzPAGUq.jpg

Cherry kush

KH01tsT.jpg

Cherry kush again

oOJ06Mj.jpg

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
You really like the citrus terps huh? Have you ever ran Agent Orange ? I had a pheno of AO that smelled like tangerine's in veg. Wish I still had her.

packerfan79

Veteran
You really like the citrus terps huh? Have you ever ran Agent Orange ? I had a pheno of AO that smelled like tangerine's in veg. Wish I still had her.

I love that movie, I heard that Dante was smoking real weed during the filming of the scenes he switched out the fake weed, the filming went on for quite awhile,lol

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Bunch of shit to update

I received the results from the soil and water tests I sent out. The soil I tested was a coots mix I made a year ago for an outdoor grow. Soil base ratios are OK, high in most things with some micronutrient deficiencies. Could use more ca less mg. Water is very low ppm like 45 but is at 7.5 ph. That combined with my soils high ph explains some of the problems I was seeing

View Image

View Image

View Image

I still plan on improving this soil mix to be used in the future, but for now I needed a faster easier option to get my girls transplanted and flipped asap

I had only been using ro water before I installed the blumats. After the install, switched to tap water not knowing it had a high ph at the time. That combined with getting a little root bound and over watered had my girls looking pretty sad... I needed to get their roots more room and food

View Image

Decided to pick up 4 20 gal bags of roots 707 :joint:

Used a pallet and some 2x4's to keep the grow bag up off the ground. It's just a 4'x4'x10" smart pot basically. Hindsight 2020 I would have bought an actual geoplanter with a pvc frame. It was all good until I put the last bag of soil in. Then the sides started to flop and spill. I had to use some bamboo and wire to hold it all in. But hey it worked
that soil is kinda hot.

20sackzack

Thank u for sharing that! That thread is a gem, over 10 years old and still impressive as f. So Quick straight killed it back in the day! Colas as big as his leg! :jawdrop:

Never ran AO but I do love some citrusy herb. I once had some kosher tangie that was outstanding. Also I've had some super lemon haze that was some of the best herb I've ever smoked.

But I wouldn't say I prefer the citrus terps. All the clones I'm growing now are just what was available to me at the time. Not to say I'm not super stoked on what I got because I am for sure. Actually I can not fuckin wait to see how everything turns out

I love that movie, I heard that Dante was smoking real weed during the filming of the scenes he switched out the fake weed, the filming went on for quite awhile,lol

Never watched that one, but I used to see it on the shelf at blockbuster all the time when blockbuster was a thing lol

that soil is kinda hot.

Which soil, the mix I made or the roots 707? The mix I made definitely looks a little off. I've washed a bunch of gypsum through it with some lower ph water and planted some veggies :) tomatoes, peppers, a cucumber a sunflower and still have room for some more. Going to try and feed copper and manganese at some point. We'll see how it goes :tiphat:

CoRCp5r.jpg

20sackzack

The purple tangie is starting to smell pretty crazy. Can't even describe it. Gonna have to get another wiff tonight and try and come up with a description

I finally got the second layer of trellis in. I had no idea how much these girls were gonna stretch so my canopy is no where near even. Coulda got em all a little taller I think too. Oh well, can't complain for my first run. Plus they aren't done yet

Here's before the second layer of trellis

GWhqfXf.jpg

and here's after, sorry bout the nasty hps glow

bOE9x6n.jpg

Cherry pie

RxT9ipa.jpg

I think they are gonna need some food soon so I'm gonna pick up something at the grow store after work today. Probably earth juice or something like that

20sackzack

I finally got my bed mulched. After doing a little more research I decided to go with wheat straw. I left it in a black garbage bag all day to kill off anything bad that might be in it. Got hot enough to melt the bag so I think it's probably safe. I wet it down to cut down on dust while I was shoving it in. Made a pretty big mess and my tent now smells like a damn barn, but I'm thinking it will definitely be benifical and pay off in the end

Y5uBJOB.jpg

U4vXl22.jpg

20sackzack

Hey b4! Glad to have a master grower like yourself stop by. The purple tangie a.k.a. blood orange tangie Is originally from dna genetics. From the searching I did online it is apparently a clone only phenotype of crockett's tangie. I got it from a clone company based out of Sacramento called real california clones

When I was cleaning lowers the other night I plucked off a little sucker from one of the pt's. Had my girlfriend smelling it trying to come up with a description. Best thing we could come up with is straight orange peels and pledge. Like holy shit this is the most crazy citrusy smelling weed I've ever smelled and it's nowhere near done. Plus the amount of purple showing already is nuts. Needless to say I'm super excited :biggrin:

O559pkV.jpg

Last edited:

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
i like purples most have a berry/fruity aroma/taste, but most purples dont have that strong high.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
yeah true. purples wont kick as hard like 90% of the time. and the orange velvet / cali o line isnt known for potency either. but im sure it will be some beautiful and tasty herb. im for sure running my tangie a couple more times just based on smell alone. they are small though, i guess space dude added alot of height to the jillybean, they had some stretch. tangies structure is better. straw looks great! i am just waiting on a new round to do mine...