What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What about Iran?

jclegg

Hi everybody :tiphat:
I saw there were no threads about the country of Ancient hash smokers, although it's decriminalized there and they've been cultivating cannabis for hundreds of years with some of the finest Indica genetics

(stumbled on this two very nice threads while looking for info with nice pics of Iranian landraces https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=197380 and this one: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=43813&highlight=iran )

I've read about places like Tuyserkan,Bushehr, Ahvaz, the Hamadan region etc...
And I would love to hear some experiences about people who traveled or lived in Iran and more precisely about cannabis, getting weed an hash or seeds and the best places to find the best genetics...
Also wondering how hard it is getting a visa and travelling there (I'm EU citizen and it seems to be way worst for US citizens...) and if communicating and traveling is easy inside the country.
Hoping to find some more info about this very interesting country,
peace
JC

B

buddymate

Also wondering how hard it is getting a visa and travelling there
I had to get a polite letter from the brit high commission in Islamabad to give to the Iranian embassy to apply for my visa,even then I was refused the first time due to being from the UK,this was back around 1990 however,I think things have lightened up since then.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
I found this a bit late so i will write down what i know:

- Breeding Seeds for Oil is totally Legal.
- Take Buds to make Hashish -> Illegal
- Smoking the Weed -> Legal
- Up to 15grams are Legal, every Gram over costs 10.000 Rials

This are the Laws for Citziens with an Iran Passport!

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I think You should stay home, and never go anywhere. Drink The KOOLAID - Hate all cultures that are older and actually have a "History."..

Watch FOX News, and be perpetually afraid of anyone who does not look exactly like You or your compatriots.

Go To Iran, and experience a great People. The Gummint sucks... So does ours.

Daanis

Hi,

I don't have any experience about Iran so far, but I'm very interested to visit in the country one day. I have met few Iranian guys, and all of them are very very nice people.. and all of them are smokers as well :smoke:

I'm sure it would be great trip in there, I am interested to hear more about Iran as well.. share your stories, please :)

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Classy Persians in San Francisco for sure. It was a pleasure to Bartend for them in the Private part of the "Club D__" that I worked at in the back of a major Nightclub.

Rick Steves's Show was enlightening, yes... Our people can learn a lot from Other Cultures. I am sure He'd agree with Me that it is a waste of a life to not recognize this fact, and not be actively be open to Others. I mean open as in trusting and fair. 'Cause that is how it is when Ya go to other Countries.

Usually Folks are Super-Cool. Some Northern Destinations are more than just chilly in temperature. Not gonna find that in Iran...

Limolax

Hi I am new ICMAG member. I am also from Iran. Currently live there but lived the last decade in Vancouver Canada. I'll try my best to answer some of the questions and clear some foggy areas. Please don't judge the people by current laws(Islamic republic) forced by the current government. We iranian deserve way better than mullahs to rule over us. Ok here we go

Since its about cannabis and cannabis smoking goes thousands of years back I go with a bit of history first
The country Iran is what remains from Persian empire that consisted from countries nowadays knows as afghanistan, Pakistan,Tajikistan, Azerbaijan some parts of turkey and India. The first civilized empire was stablished by Cyrus the great 2500 years ago in Persia (Iran). It might be very surprising to some you young people that Iran was united states number one alie in middle east just 35 years ago when the Shah was in power. Enough history. You can read all that in Wikipedia lol

Passport-holders from half-a-dozen countries (Bosnia & Hercegovina, Macedonia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia and Turkey) get a three-month tourist visa on arrival. Everyone else needs to arrange a visa in advance or take a risk on getting a 15-day visa on arrival at an airport. You might also get rejected and deported back to your country.
US citizens are welcome, but need to pre-arrange a tour or private guide, or be sponsored by a friend or relative in Iran who will take legal responsibility for them. Israeli passport holders, and anyone with an Israeli stamp in their passport, will not get a visa.

This was all the info regarding visiting Iran. But have in mind that the capital city and touristic cities are way different than the rest of the country. I lived in the capital Tehran most my life 15 mil population and one of the most air polluted cities in the world. Traffic is also crazy. But other cities are less crowded and polluted.many many attractive touristic sites from 2000 years old cities barried under sand to beautifully beaches and ski resorts.BUT THERE ARE ISLAMIC LAWS INPLACE. What that means for you as an outsider or non Moslem is:
- no alkohol allowed
-women should cover certain parts of their body in public
- no touching, kissing, holding hands, etc between opposite sexes
Thise are your biggest concerns. Other than that you should be fine. If u travel to capital or touristic cities like Shiraz, Isfahan, Mashhad, etc. most people know English specially the youth. But if you are planning to travel to villages and small cities then good luck. IMO you should have some Iranian or someone who knows the Persian language as a guide.

Now let's talk about cannabis. I have lots of info about my country but when it comes to cannabis I am by no means an expert I just started my own micro grow a few month back. I have my own problems with that But I've smoked Iranian hash all my life. I like it more than any other form of cannabis. But during the last 10 years the quality of hash decreased by a lot in my country mostly because of war in Afghanistan. In Iran we mostly grow what they grow in afghanistan. Afghanistan was one of Iranian state not long ago. They gained their independence on 1919 so we are kinda the same country beside each other. Since I am Iranian I favor the indica base cannabis. Any afghan strain would do. Sativa dominant stains are also more expensive than indica in Iran and amazingly hash is cheaper than weed. I ll try to add more. If you guys have any other question about Iran I ll be more than happy to answer. CheeeerZ all

Scroggy B

Too bad on the Israeli passport. I have over a hundred Iranian stamps in my stamp collection, from back then, before 1979, when Iran and Israel had business going on. Got them from a friend's father, who visited Iran many times.Personally I had the pleasure of working with an Iranian citizen abroad, he was an extremely pleasant and nice man.

From google earth and photos it seems like an astonishing place to visit. That won't happen for me in the near future, unfortunately, due to some prick waving issues between leaders/religion/interests or whatever... The great Cyrus, by the way, was a friend of the Jewish people, and has reversed the Babylonian deportation, allowing them to return from exile. We have many streets named "Cyrus' declaration" in honor of that.

I spoke to some Iranians, and understandably these subjects came up, maybe it was my fault, because I was so curious.. From what I saw and read , this wise, ancient nation needs a much better regime than the current. And besides.. No alcohol?! F*** that!! We sure have some places in our country where a girl cannot walk the streets dressed as she wants, due to religious extremists.

Great to hear you have weed though! Seems like some sense is getting even to the tougher regimes. Couldn't find a reliable source about Iranian cannabis laws. When it comes to legalization, I always claim Iran will have it before us :tiphat: Here you can't even hold a bud in your hand without the oinks making a big fuss out of it.. I sometimes see hangings of "Iranian drug dealers" on the news, but they never state which drugs they dealt. My guess it ain't weed..

Cheers Limolax, praying for a better future for you country. No religious fundamentalism is welcome in this world. May you prosper like in time of Cyrus the great. I'll be the first on the plane when it's possible =)

OP jclegg, sorry that I provided no information regarding your question. It's just pretty rare for me to encounter an Iranian. I wish you a joyful trip!

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Stormie

Better get them Dervish Weeds out there bro .
The Iranian infusion is about to begin .555.

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Limolax

I sometimes see hangings of "Iranian drug dealers" on the news, but they never state which drugs they dealt. My guess it ain't weed..
No they don't hang drug dealers. The ones they hang are mostly outlaws so dealing drug is just one crime among many others like murder and rape and rubbery and sometimes they hang people who work against the regime. I've never heard of any hash or weed dealer getting hanged ever but crack and ice (crystal meth) are more serious crime cause it's taking life like crazy due to bad quality here. Well that's different story anyways.

Limolax

I forgot to mention something. Even thou Islamic laws are in place. Everything still happens underground. From growing to smoking to drinking to wild swinger parties, trance, ecstacy, etc. you just gotta know where to go who to ask but its all underground.
Anyways I joined Icmag and some other sites a few month ago cause I decided to grow for my own use but needed some assistant from experience growers. So if u wana help me with that here is the link :
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301063

Limolax

G`day Stormie

Better get them Dervish weed

EB .
It might be interesting to you guys that most darwishes here smoke hash. Hashish is a big deal here. It's really part of the religion for some ppl. There is a sub religion (ideology) under Islam called soofiesm it's heavily associated with traditional music and smoking and eating hash. The whole event goes something like this.
Before the event starts ( mostly in an old ancient buildings ) they make the food which is something like Russian boursh. It's like stew very watery with mix of beef, tomato, potato, beans,etc. even though it's ready to eat and cooked its still on top of very light fire made out of wood near the entrance. Every famous dervish that comes in throws a pice of hash in the pot if wee chooses to. The food pot is kinda covered with something like women sucks so the hash goes in the pot and stays there for a few hours and gives its oil to the food but at the end the take the suck out so there is no residue in the food. Afterveatingbthe food that talk about religion and then the fun part starts. Dervish play traditional Persian instruments and others do like a cartographer dance with it and after awhile they say they lose their selves to their master. And they have none of the feelings and emotions associated with this material world.well this part I have no experience with. I've just watched the whole event as a guest of honor since my dad was a well known musition in iran and also a dervish god rests his sole. Anyways I thought you stoners might find this event intresting.
I would also like to add that dervishes were historically beggars but they don't keep anything. They give it to the poor ppl. Dervish begs for money and food not cause he is poor but to know himself and then the higher power beyond him throu humiliation and love with are the only 2 possibilities when you ask for help from someone ( money, food, a helping hand, etc) the subject either provides the dervish his needs (love) or the dervish gets rejected or ignored (humiliated)
I might ve wrote too much non sense I was very stoned. Sorry if it is very un organized. I just wrote whatever came into my mind
Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts