What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ghost OG

DreadNeck

Just a little something I've been playing with.
The Ghost is a fun plant to grow, no quirks and pretty hardy.
These were grown in Coco with Blumats. Ionic, Cal/mag and DripClean 750ppm 5.9ph...enjoy~DN

Attachments

• 7_15_2012 136.jpg
    7_15_2012 136.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 124
  • 7_15_2012 137.jpg
    7_15_2012 137.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 125
  • oct_2_12 120.jpg
    oct_2_12 120.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 120
  • Hole 2 7/19 Diesel X Rodney. No flowers yet and she is still reaching past the 7 ft mark.
    Hole 2 7/19 Diesel X Rodney. No flowers yet and she is still reaching past the 7 ft mark.
    71.5 KB · Views: 160
  • oct_2_12 130.jpg
    oct_2_12 130.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 134

monsoon

The ghost OG is a cut found by OG member "ghost" in a pack of the original Organkid "Oger's Kush" offering that was sold on HS circa 2005-2006. (10 s-1 seeds for $100)

"Mendo ghost"?? Fuckin sucks, IMO, when someone renames someone else's cut simply because they touched it or it landed in a certain area where nobody there had anything to do with breeding it/etc.

It's no wonder there are so many "kushes" these days...MOST originating from those Organkid offerings..and most...have been renamed to create a new hype around an old offering.

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Z

Z-ro

In all honesty it doesnt look anything like my 'ghost'. I also was of the impression Ghost1 the person, actually ended up getting his cut directly from ORGNKID not from his seed offering, I believe he paid 1000 for the og and 500 for the bubba but it has been a really long time and have a hard time remembering exactly.

big twinn

Veteran
Same here Z-ro. I thought i heard the same story, but its all hearsay and doesn't really matter. Its hard to tell, but i feel like mine looks a bit different from that too. Mine looks almost identical to the 818 sfv/pure k OG

Z

Z-ro

Word. My cut came directly from Ghost1 via a very good personal friend that was well connected in that circle at the time. We got the Bubba first and then the OG. There a couple pics of the OG from my dep in my album.

DreadNeck

The ghost OG is a cut found by OG member "ghost" in a pack of the original Organkid "Oger's Kush" offering that was sold on HS circa 2005-2006. (10 s-1 seeds for $100)

"Mendo ghost"?? Fuckin sucks, IMO, when someone renames someone else's cut simply because they touched it or it landed in a certain area where nobody there had anything to do with breeding it/etc.

It's no wonder there are so many "kushes" these days...MOST originating from those Organkid offerings..and most...have been renamed to create a new hype around an old offering.

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Like I said, I can't say for sure. I can only process the information given to me. Which was Mendo ghost og. I chose to drop the Mendo for the same reasons you have. I don't know the history of this cut, only the present. It may have been a local breeding project trying to ride the Ghost name or any of 100 other possibilities. I think there is so much back and forth with the names it gets a little sticky. We can call it the elusive Mr. Snuffleupagus as far as I'm concerned. One thing I can say for sure...it is what it is.

We're on the same page though bro. Kush this and Kush that is getting out of hand. I just posted with the info I was given..DN

DreadNeck

In all honesty it doesnt look anything like my 'ghost'. I also was of the impression Ghost1 the person, actually ended up getting his cut directly from ORGNKID not from his seed offering, I believe he paid 1000 for the og and 500 for the bubba but it has been a really long time and have a hard time remembering exactly.

You know, I've never run the Ghost before and to tell you the truth I don't have a ton of experience with the og's. I lived in a non medical state for years so strain availability was very limited and mostly Dutch. I moved from there to NorCal and tended to grow family strains. I recently moved to Colorado and have just started to dabble with some of the og's. I appreciate your input, so keep it coming! I'd like to see some pics of a verified Ghost as I have my doubts too~DN

DreadNeck

Same here Z-ro. I thought i heard the same story, but its all hearsay and doesn't really matter. Its hard to tell, but i feel like mine looks a bit different from that too. Mine looks almost identical to the 818 sfv/pure k OG

Word. I have that same experience with the Shoreline from Texas. You can see five different finished meds of the Shoreline and two or three of them will look completely different and the smell will be there but not even close to what it should be. I've grown this cut out many times with several different outcomes. This cut is pretty famous in Houston and Austin but it's been whored out and passed around so much there's no telling what cut of this clone only you'll get. I'm sure that the mothers of some cuts you'll get have been brought back from the brink of death. I wonder what the offspring from that would look like? I know it's a great plant if you get the right cut. I'm anxious to get my hands on a good one again! Thanks for your input Z~DN

DreadNeck

Word. I have that same experience with the Shoreline from Texas. You can see five different finished meds of the Shoreline and two or three of them will look completely different and the smell will be there but not even close to what it should be. I've grown this cut out many times with several different outcomes. This cut is pretty famous in Houston and Austin but it's been whored out and passed around so much there's no telling what cut of this clone only you'll get. I'm sure that the mothers of some cuts you'll get have been brought back from the brink of death. I wonder what the offspring from that would look like? I know it's a great plant if you get the right cut. I'm anxious to get my hands on a good one again! Thanks for your input Z~DN

Hey Z-ro, I was actually referring to the addendum at the bottom of your post talking about variation~DN

Z

Z-ro

I actually just popped 20 seeds of a feminized GhostOG x Shoreline hybrid I made last summer. should be epic. the pics in my album are verified ghost but its outdoor grown, if your ghost is lacking in flavor in any way shape or form, its not ghost.

DreadNeck

I actually just popped 20 seeds of a feminized GhostOG x Shoreline hybrid I made last summer. should be epic. the pics in my album are verified ghost but its outdoor grown, if your ghost is lacking in flavor in any way shape or form, its not ghost.

Hey Z,
Yep...doesn't look anything like yours. Oh well, I splashed it with some fire og and chem4 pollen, maybe It'll put some flavor into it. If the flavor comes out in one of those crosses I'll be happy!

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
Ghost og gifted to me

Ghost og gifted to me

Ghost og veg 4 weeks. Anyone help verify???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 68