Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Northern Lights types 1-11

Thread Title Search
Northern Lights types 1-11 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2020, 05:31 AM #21
RoyalFlush
DEA Agent

RoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeanonnamellow View Post
Thats whatsup. I like that you make sure to place credit with Herbie. I read or heard that the original #5 was made in Hawaii with Murphys afghan Greg sent a buddy or whatever. Then that cross was sent back to Greg.

Do you know what was originally sent to Nevil that piqued his interest in the NL crew?

Nevils NL5 was selected from seed he got from the Indian/NL crew yeah?

How did the NL#1 line end up getting Nevils Mazar in it, was it with seed the NL crew purchased from one of Nevils advertisements or did they share seed with one another as a part of a trade/swap type of deal?

If NL#1 is a cross of Murphys afghan and Nevils Mazar, I am trying to sort that timeline of seeds being sent from NL crew to Nevil and where/how Nevils Mazar found it's way into the NL#1. Which came first, chicken or the egg type thing. Thanks for the concise comment, that was pretty easy to digest. Much love
Greg's stories are a bit murky but from what I understand the NL crew original sent Nevil seeds of their Steve Murphy crosses (Pre NL branding).
RoyalFlush is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:35 AM #22
RoyalFlush
DEA Agent

RoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant futureRoyalFlush has a brilliant future
Quote:
Also, do you know if Sensi's Fruity Juice comes from any of the seed Greg sent the Sensi crew? It's listed as Thai x Afghani and that's pretty much what one of the NL lines would be if I'm making any sense of this at all.

And it's said to be some good stuff, and NL crew had the goods. Murphys afghan and Murphy don't seem to get the credit they deserve. Seems like a fundamental part of these lines came from his work and his afghan. Much love
Steve Murphy didn't breed the Afghan, he just had the seeds.

Fruity Juice aka Juicy Fruit was made by Nevil, using a fruity Thai and NL.

Old 12-12-2020, 05:38 AM #23
sbeanonnamellow

sbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of light
Interesting. Appreciate you putting that info out there. Do you know which Thai was used or which version of NL was used in the Fruity Juice?

Now I can't help but wonder who made the Afghan Steve Murphy was using and passing around.
sbeanonnamellow is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2020, 05:44 AM #24
RoyalFlush
DEA Agent

Quote:
Interesting. Appreciate you putting that info out there. Do you know which Thai was used or which version of NL was used in the Fruity Juice?

Now I can't help but wonder who made the Afghan Steve Murphy was using and passing around.
The thai was just some fruity smelling thai Nevil had around and the NL was the #5 Sensi had/sold.

Steve Murphy's Afghani was rumored to be a Kandahar Afghani, now which Afghani farmer it came from is unknown.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:58 AM #25
sbeanonnamellow

sbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalFlush View Post
The thai was just some fruity smelling thai Nevil had around and the NL was the #5 Sensi had/sold.

Steve Murphy's Afghani was rumored to be a Kandahar Afghani, now which Afghani farmer it came from is unknown.
That's funny bro.
sbeanonnamellow is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:25 AM #26
sshz

sshz has much to be proud ofsshz has much to be proud ofsshz has much to be proud ofsshz has much to be proud ofsshz has much to be proud ofsshz has much to be proud ofsshz has much to be proud ofsshz has much to be proud ofsshz has much to be proud ofsshz has much to be proud ofsshz has much to be proud of
Anyone worth a snot knows N.L. #2 was the most sativa of the lot, N.L. #5 was the most indica. Everything else was in between these somewhere.
sshz is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2020, 06:34 AM #27
RoyalFlush
DEA Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshz View Post
Anyone worth a snot knows N.L. #2 was the most sativa of the lot, N.L. #5 was the most indica. Everything else was in between these somewhere.

Old 12-12-2020, 11:20 AM #28
Roms
Glaz wizard

Roms is a survivorRoms is a survivorRoms is a survivorRoms is a survivorRoms is a survivorRoms is a survivorRoms is a survivorRoms is a survivorRoms is a survivorRoms is a survivorRoms is a survivor
Hi broz'

The 1-11 notion when you do exotic F1 with landraces is so true, i even would say 1-111 if you find some extra potent specimens as parents at start.

When you think that the NL was selected from its indica side and not from its sativa the diversity notion is just half, and again divided by two if you consider the opposite sex from Afghan x Thai and not Thai x Afghan! + it's without knowing that Afghan farmers did some strong F1 to create their famous Mazari line centuries ago, i would say that they just preferred to use the sativa as male btw. (That's why the NL also could be pure Mazari?)

In that sense i think that the real NL legend high is like in extinction or dead nowadays, it just needs to be bred back to sativa and THCV imho.

Perso i prefered restart all the magic from the source and i'm not disappointed, (Thai x Mazar) x (Mazar x Swazi) or (Mazar x Lambsbread) is my next project for 2021 will see. All those hybrids are already done and honestly some of the best of them all reminds me the NL or Skunk from the 90s, just maybe more potent and tasty according my Breizh touch... Peace
Roms is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-12-2020, 12:58 PM #29
Canna-bill

Canna-bill is just really niceCanna-bill is just really niceCanna-bill is just really niceCanna-bill is just really niceCanna-bill is just really niceCanna-bill is just really niceCanna-bill is just really niceCanna-bill is just really niceCanna-bill is just really niceCanna-bill is just really niceCanna-bill is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalFlush View Post

Hi RF, I dont think sensi ever sold a NL#5 strain, it just seems to be a common misconception. Infact they just sold a 'northern lights' strain, in the beginning that was nl5 x nl1 but that quickly changed to nl5xnl2, I can't remember the exact times or what the reason was. Its still claimed to be that today.

It's a pity sensi forum is gone as there was a lot of info there. This info was posted by 'Ganja' the admin around the time that kook jesse posted his history of northern lights fairy tale there.
Canna-bill is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2020, 02:05 PM #30
willydread

willydread has a reputation beyond reputewillydread has a reputation beyond reputewillydread has a reputation beyond reputewillydread has a reputation beyond reputewillydread has a reputation beyond reputewillydread has a reputation beyond reputewillydread has a reputation beyond reputewillydread has a reputation beyond reputewillydread has a reputation beyond reputewillydread has a reputation beyond reputewillydread has a reputation beyond repute
The story of nl is even more confusing than that of haze, most of the information lying around is the same endlessly repeated lies ....
The Nl5 seeds are Nl5 x nl1, , on Nevil's own admission, the Nl5 clone was excellent but when he found the line it was not up to the clone ...
He made the 5x1 cross, which someone still labels and uses today as pure Nl5 .....
Nl2 is absolutely not sativa, it can be found under the name oasis, from dutch passion, and apparently sold as Hindukush by sensi ....
willydread is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.