What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neem causes cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome

This syndrome know as cannabis hyperemesis is not caused by cannabinoids but by neem products mixed with cannabis.

Please stop using neem products, many products have neem byproducts in them

Also dont use cinnamon unless it true cinnamon, the cinnamon oil people buy is the other variety which contains a toxic compound

:gday:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This syndrome know as cannabis hyperemesis is not caused by cannabinoids but by neem products mixed with cannabis.

Please stop using neem products, many products have neem byproducts in them

Also dont use cinnamon unless it true cinnamon, the cinnamon oil people buy is the other variety which contains a toxic compound

:gday:

This has not been proven. Neem does contain something that compounds in the system and creates a toxicity though. I do agree neem is not good to use at all. I havent in many years.

Neem Poisoning vs CHS are different.

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/neem-oil-cannabinoid-hyperemesis-syndrome

Happy to share more articles. I have a friend who legit has CHS and we never use neem products and he still has the issue. None of us do and we all smoke the same flowers. Its not the neem, i wish it were, would be a quick fix.

What’s a better alternative?
I use neem in veg.

Have you tried going organic and veganic, with no additives, oils, plant extracts etc.. That's my recommendation.

Using animal free soil and fertilizer is your best option, pests love animal products, especially manure (yuck).

geneva_sativa

Damn,,, hope your not feeding yer plants with plant based material,,, they hate that shit,, pure cannibal feeling for them,,, they cry when they have to absorb the decaying carcasses of their cousins and such,,,

Thats plant cruelty of worst stripe,, just horrible

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Outdoor weed is porblem it is contaminated with bugs,
insects, insect droppings, soil, sand, pesticides, acid rain and everything that comes in contact with it as it grows.
to ask me only for smoking and making oil should be allowed well-grown plant according to GMP standards from indoor cultivation with controled envirnoment.

Outdoor grown organic is only good for ropes,plastic and building material.
And that Eco-BIo and stories like that are for stupid people who like to suck dick of marketing hypes.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Outdoor weed is porblem it is contaminated with bugs,
insects, insect droppings, soil, sand, pesticides, acid rain and everything that comes in contact with it as it grows.
to ask me only for smoking and making oil should be allowed well-grown plant according to GMP standards from indoor cultivation with controled envirnoment.

Outdoor grown organic is only good for ropes,plastic and building material.
And that Eco-BIo and stories like that are for stupid people who like to suck dick of marketing hypes.

Everything you consume today will probably be from a field or fish pond.

Yummy

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Everything you consume today will probably be from a field or fish pond.

Yummy

Yes, but I will not smoke anything from what I will eat.
And meat and other is washed and inspected prior packing if you dont know just one info.
Vegetables and fruit I will wash to myself prior consumation and anything moldy or things like that will be removed.

But not anything of it will be smoked.
Weed is sticky and it makes layers while flower every layer is hardly contmainated with sand,soil and insects this is fact not my imagination.
So you dont get sick of weed you get sick of contaminated weed.

Even for food FDA have ratio of contamination of incescts and others things.

Title 21, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 110.110 allows the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to establish maximum levels of natural or unavoidable defects in foods for human use that present health hazard...

It is nothing personaly enoy your eco bio sun grown.
I stick to my indoor.

If you know someone with allergy and if you eat lil bit of chocolote his allergy will be worsten thats why people while having alergy are said to avoid chocolate.
Do you know why cuz of this.

According to the FDA, whose official guidelines state that chocolate can legally contain up to 60 insect fragments per 100 grams.
certain foods can in fact make your seasonal allergies worse. And chocolate is one of them not cused by raw cacao which in fact help fight alergies.
But procised chocolate with sugar like milka,mars...cuz of contaminated with cocroach and insect on big farms....
I read and learn lot of thing about this...so i just share my knowladge.

Last edited:

Somatek

There is no acceptance of the idea that neem causes CHS other then those who believe in anecdotes. The current understanding is based off a 2018 study mentioned in this article;
"The 2018 study notes that overconsumption of cannabis can inactivate the TRPV1 receptor, which, in turn, causes nausea and alters gastric mobility.

CHS patients often treat their symptoms with hot showers, eating hot peppers or rubbing hot pepper paste on their bodies to reactivate the TRPV1 receptor and normalize gastric mobility."

It also explains why neem poisoning doesn't make sense. I don't know why people keep repeating unfounded claims based on very questionable "research".

https://leaderpost.com/cannabis-hea...rome/wcm/cb09c7f1-aeae-4929-86f7-6898ba647630

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is no acceptance of the idea that neem causes CHS other then those who believe in anecdotes. The current understanding is based off a 2018 study mentioned in this article;
"The 2018 study notes that overconsumption of cannabis can inactivate the TRPV1 receptor, which, in turn, causes nausea and alters gastric mobility.

CHS patients often treat their symptoms with hot showers, eating hot peppers or rubbing hot pepper paste on their bodies to reactivate the TRPV1 receptor and normalize gastric mobility."

It also explains why neem poisoning doesn't make sense. I don't know why people keep repeating unfounded claims based on very questionable "research".

https://leaderpost.com/cannabis-hea...rome/wcm/cb09c7f1-aeae-4929-86f7-6898ba647630

100% agree. I posted a link last page too discrediting the idea. There are many articles doing the same.

Somatek

I wish someone would do a real study on this so this misinformation would stop once and for all.

They have, neem is not the cause, the current understanding is that the TRVP1 receptors become inactive and limit gastric mobility, which is why hot showers or capiscasin offer relief as they trigger the same receptors and restore gastric mobility. There is still lots to learn but if you look at the science it they have a decent understanding of the core mechanism now. It's not neem, like many people have been saying for years as the only evidence supporting it is low quality and anecdotal, which also contradicts itself.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I smoke outdoor weed mostly so I'm not worrying about bits and pieces if this or that
a lil bit if neem ain't going to hurt me but it will kill the hell out of the bugs

Neem could build up in your system and cause toxicity. If used that often. Also, it barely “kills” anything imo. I have found it ineffective against - mites, gnats, whiteflies, aphids and caterpillars. Didn't do shit for pm or botrytis. Imo its borderline worthless. I used it in the beginning of my gardening career because it was said to be useful for basically everything. I haven't used it in many years and I have healthier plants than ever. There is also the argument that it reduces the plants ability to breathe because you are literally coating everything in oil that takes 10-15 days to dissipate. I never spray oils anymore for that reason. Not trying to be argumentative here either but outdoor will have loads of “bits and pieces” of God knows what compared to indoor. Stick a bud outside for two months and look at the debris on it after. Do the same with a nug in closet. This is why pre harvest, lightly rinsing your buds is very smart.

Somatek

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=339380

Douglas.Curtis has a thread on it. Check out what he's found.

This seems to be the primary source pushing an outdated view that contradicts the current scientific understanding. Read the article I linked above to read why it's not neem poisoning and why it doesn't make sense. Anyone pushing the idea that CHS is caused by neem poisoning is denying science in favour of anecdotal experience. That lacks critical thinking.

Latest posts

Latest posts