Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > The How Cannabis Has Helped Get Off Your Opiate Addiction/Dependency Or Other Meds

Thread Title Search
The How Cannabis Has Helped Get Off Your Opiate Addiction/Dependency Or Other Meds Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2017, 06:06 AM #1
Dakine

Location: Some where out there...in the middle of no where...
Dakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to all
The How Cannabis Has Helped Get Off Your Opiate Addiction/Dependency Or Other Meds

Hey you guys! So After finding out why the last opiate thread was closed.. I wanted to find out where A new thread should be placed and if it was ok to do so..

I really found that old thread to have some good information hidden behind most of the junk post lol.. But again the old thread was just about Opiate Addiction in General, and not how cannabis in any form was able to help us battle opiate addiction..

Alot of current Opiate Addicts are trying to find new ways to battle there addiction. Cannabis wax/extracts have been shedding new light on some of us.. Even though it cannot get rid of the physical withdrawals, it can help A little bit. That little bit might be the push we need to stay strong and clean from opiates or our other meds.

I am in my mid 20s. I have been an addict for more then half my life already. I got clean, but then got into an accident at work and have been injured for 3 years and counting from it.. I have been on some of the strongest and most abused opiates pharma made. IR Oxy 30mgs, 75mcg Patches, 3mg Dilaudid, 500mg Somas, and some other strong abused meds not for pain but my anxiety and insomnia.

I know 2 people that have turned to cannabis in order to battlee there heroin addiction, and know of many others. I want this to be a thread where people can find out if any other users have had success using cannabis and/or extracts against there "Opiate" Addiction.

Please dont be ashamed and not post.. You could have some valuable information to share about your history that may help one of us now, or in the very near future..

I need to get off of these opiates/medications. But I have yet to find anything that will help with the pain,muscle spasms,anxiety, and insomnia that isnt in the form of another pill or Heroin..

Please Post what medications you where on, how long you where on them, what form of cannabis was used, how strong the dose of cannabis was, how long you took those doses for, and any info on how cannabis helped with your addiction, and any info you think should be shared with others..

It might save someones life!

TnT Labs Semi Auto Strain Test Grow-On Going

TnT Lab Genetics Grow Diary Test Grow-On Going

Afgooey

SuperSilverHaze

Ssh x TrainWreck
Dakine is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:30 AM #2
Weird

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
not only did it replace many psych meds and dangerous addictions (opiate and nicotine) but the process of having to grow your own meds builds in a level of responsibility and forethought in the management there of

while smoking is instant gratification their is not instant gratification growing of said meds so the self supply process requires a level of healthy wherewithal opposed to simple instant gratification of use

galatians 6:7

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Nobody every told me I found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:43 AM #3
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
Stuck on oxy after problems with renal cell. Felt like a merry go round from hell. Cannabis and extracts slowed it down enough so I could step off. A big fuck you to rockefeller medicine and big pharma. Soul less greedy bastards.
A heart felt thanks to public health and cannabis.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:25 PM #4
genesis129

genesis129 is on a distinguished road
I have been using MM in harm reduction since 98. Meth and booze were my go 2's after ending up in the er I got my script. Life's good, still struggle with booze but no more glass.

Harm Reduction is a valid treatment alternative for addicts. Hi strength extracts have the ability to stabilize and calm down addicts faster and more cost effective then law enforcement could ever imagine. The side affect of promoting appetite and aiding in sleep accelerates (imho) the healing process as well.
genesis129 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:32 PM #5
Dankwolf

Dankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakine View Post
Hey you guys! So After finding out why the last opiate thread was closed.. I wanted to find out where A new thread should be placed and if it was ok to do so..

I really found that old thread to have some good information hidden behind most of the junk post lol.. But again the old thread was just about Opiate Addiction in General, and not how cannabis in any form was able to help us battle opiate addiction..

Alot of current Opiate Addicts are trying to find new ways to battle there addiction. Cannabis wax/extracts have been shedding new light on some of us.. Even though it cannot get rid of the physical withdrawals, it can help A little bit. That little bit might be the push we need to stay strong and clean from opiates or our other meds.

I am in my mid 20s. I have been an addict for more then half my life already. I got clean, but then got into an accident at work and have been injured for 3 years and counting from it.. I have been on some of the strongest and most abused opiates pharma made. IR Oxy 30mgs, 75mcg Patches, 3mg Dilaudid, 500mg Somas, and some other strong abused meds not for pain but my anxiety and insomnia.

I know 2 people that have turned to cannabis in order to battlee there heroin addiction, and know of many others. I want this to be a thread where people can find out if any other users have had success using cannabis and/or extracts against there "Opiate" Addiction.

Please dont be ashamed and not post.. You could have some valuable information to share about your history that may help one of us now, or in the very near future..

I need to get off of these opiates/medications. But I have yet to find anything that will help with the pain,muscle spasms,anxiety, and insomnia that isnt in the form of another pill or Heroin..

Please Post what medications you where on, how long you where on them, what form of cannabis was used, how strong the dose of cannabis was, how long you took those doses for, and any info on how cannabis helped with your addiction, and any info you think should be shared with others..

It might save someones life!
Cannibis is helping many with there adiction but not withdrawls so i thought i would throw this up . it may help with some people with withdrawals.

female seeds 2020 outdoor

oregon genetics group

Yes i know i cant spell for shit and my punctuation is just as bad . the plants dont seem to care nor should you.
Dankwolf is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:35 PM #6
angelgoob

angelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really nice
it helped me realize benzo's did nothing and weed is awesome.

weird. what you're talking about is just another one of my legalization points. I have 20. I guess I could add what you said to that point. Not only does it give you something to do, but it's a responsbility and you know you want the yield..the potency..the flavor and type of high..but it also teaches.

Patience.

Peace, angelgoob.
angelgoob is offline Quote

Old 03-06-2017, 05:07 PM #7
Dankwolf

Dankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivorDankwolf is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelgoob View Post
it helped me realize benzo's did nothing and weed is awesome.

weird. what you're talking about is just another one of my legalization points. I have 20. I guess I could add what you said to that point. Not only does it give you something to do, but it's a responsbility and you know you want the yield..the potency..the flavor and type of high..but it also teaches.

Patience.

Peace, angelgoob.
Fully agree

female seeds 2020 outdoor

oregon genetics group

Yes i know i cant spell for shit and my punctuation is just as bad . the plants dont seem to care nor should you.
Dankwolf is offline Quote

Old 03-06-2017, 05:53 PM #8
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivor
14 Years tobacco free, zero cravings. Cannabis was the tool.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 03-06-2017, 06:18 PM #9
Dakine

Location: Some where out there...in the middle of no where...
Dakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to all
Wow very good info so far you guys.. Hopefully more people with addictions arent shy and share there stories.. I kinda wanna know what extracts or even if it was just smoking nugs, and how much they where doing each day until the full physical withdrawals stopped, and if they where able to lower the dose of cannabis they where taking and how they felt during that time..

The physical withdrawals for the first 1-2 weeks is one of the hardest things to get through.. But the mental withdrawals after that is just as hard..

I dont want to try and taking Subaxone/Subutect or Methadone again.. I was able to ween myself off of subaxone, but the way clinics are giving the methdone doses is just stupid.. They dont taper you down at all, I know guys thats been in the methdone program for 2 years already and have been on the same dose for the last year.

TnT Labs Semi Auto Strain Test Grow-On Going

TnT Lab Genetics Grow Diary Test Grow-On Going

Afgooey

SuperSilverHaze

Ssh x TrainWreck
Dakine is offline Quote

Old 03-06-2017, 06:41 PM #10
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivor
I'm working with a patient who's been on hydrocodone for several years now. They've been taking 50/50 CBD/THC pills for a month now. They're using half the hydrocodone now, 25% less each week, the last 2 weeks.

Nausea and pain are being controlled by the cannabis. They're doing well.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote