What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No Christian Christmas Cards at Marks and Spencer

theclearspot

I'm not religious myself but this is ridiculous. The PC Metropolitan Elites are really testing the limits of liberalism; I mean I doubt Indians and Pakistanis would be offended by a Christian theme on a Christmas card, but no, this pathetic shop implements a PC policy on something which IS a Christian celebration. Britain is becoming a laughing stock. Can you still get Christian Christmas cards in the U.S? I'm boycotting the shop. Bstads.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not religious myself but this is ridiculous. The PC Metropolitan Elites are really testing the limits of liberalism; I mean I doubt Indians and Pakistanis would be offended by a Christian theme on a Christmas card, but no, this pathetic shop implements a PC policy on something which IS a Christian celebration. Britain is becoming a laughing stock. Can you still get Christian Christmas cards in the U.S? I'm boycotting the shop. Bstads.
Totally agree,,,, fecking outrageous and I popped in our local marks this morning and couldn't believe the card situation,,,, got a nice poached salmon and watercress sandwich though. Lol ,,,,,s2

IMO I believe the cards disappearing are more if a sales thing..if people aren't buying them in good numbers anymore, then why would you stock them?

Where I am from in America, cards are only given as a way to give money or gift cards

Green81

Veteran
Yeah, it's a little silly the world we live in, respect all religions but don't dilute the history of a country... P.C to the extreme, excuse the pun.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
We had about 15 cards arrive in the mail in the last few days.
None of them had any money in them though...

soserthc1

The catholic church inside the hospital I work for has removed the crucifix and made it a universal place of worship so mainly its s muslem mat room . huh thinking religion is against the toas

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I don't go to spensers for Christmas cards anyhow...yeehaw..around here jesus sells tacos on the corner

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I think my wife got cards to all of our friends and family out!

I think my wife got cards to all of our friends and family out!

We don't put money in them :gift:

We included 3D Christmas Ornaments I printed on my 3D Printer.

Happy Holidays to All :xmastree:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
me & my friends (my family's all gone) don't exchange cards at all, but because the postal system is so jammed up 'n busy I usually get about 4 or 5 cards addressed to others in my po box. I happily open these and put them on my fireplace mantle....... :)

Here's one from our friend Yummybud that I got 2 years ago:

1513be21-7515-4f56-8f54-7edc90220759_zpssl6iwyg1.jpg

SoufLondon

I dont send xmas cards. For some reason every bastard under the sun sends them to our house, they are always full of glitter and it pisses me off because it gets into EVERYTHING!!!