Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Northern Lights types 1-11

Thread Title Search
Northern Lights types 1-11 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2020, 05:42 PM #1
sbeanonnamellow

sbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of light
Northern Lights types 1-11

Read a post recently where the source for Northern Lights says they were numbered 1-11 one being most indica and 11 being most sativa. The crosses were supposedly an Afghan type from some dude in Seattle, really good stuff supposedly, put to a bunch of different varieties everything from nepalese to colombian and hawaiian. Thai as well.

Cool stuff yeah, well I just read another post where it says the Northern Lights dude Greg sent seeds to the homies at Sensi as well, for helping get a nutrient formula and water rocking in his setup. What a cool motherfucker man, seems like a real one. Sending seeds as thanks, getting them out there, ect. Respect.

Anyways, I was wondering what you guys thought about the possibility of Thai x Afghan from this rad Northern Lights dude being related to the Sensi Fruity Juice which lists heritage as Afghan and pure sativa from Thailand?

Just a random thought, then couldn't help but think what other lines that are really good came from those seeds and those Northern Lights crosses but were just renamed. Especially the ones on the more sativa-type side. Much love
sbeanonnamellow is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:22 PM #2
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivor
https://blog.seedsman.com/the-origin...nnabis-strain/

Here is Seedsman's take on the story.

If you Google history of northern lights icmag you find a lot of threads and tons of info.

That dude's name is Seattle Greg.

Pretty sure the Adam Dunn Show did a northern lights show too.

Great pot!
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 12-03-2020, 10:13 PM #3
Fitzera

Fitzera has much to be proud ofFitzera has much to be proud ofFitzera has much to be proud ofFitzera has much to be proud ofFitzera has much to be proud ofFitzera has much to be proud ofFitzera has much to be proud ofFitzera has much to be proud ofFitzera has much to be proud ofFitzera has much to be proud ofFitzera has much to be proud of
Matt Riot talks about the story and Seattle Greg quite a bit....and maybe I'm wrong but didn't he mention something about Greg putting some stuff out in the future? Id have to go back and listen to a few things and I really don't feel like it right now

Real Gorilla Seeds testers Headbanger x OPG, C4DD x OPG and Seedsman Comparative grow the White OG
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=374419

Winter 2020 HPS/LED 5x5 Tent Supersoil Blumat and Chuck'n Grow Log
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368828

"Chuck'd Genetics"

IG: @chuckd_genetics
Fitzera is offline Quote

Old 12-04-2020, 10:14 AM #4
MAHA KALA

MAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
https://blog.seedsman.com/the-origin...nnabis-strain/

Here is Seedsman's take on the story.

If you Google history of northern lights icmag you find a lot of threads and tons of info.

That dude's name is Seattle Greg.

Pretty sure the Adam Dunn Show did a northern lights show too.

Great pot!
it is fake story, it doesn't mention real creator of northern lights, Herb Nelson.. and it doesnt mention BOEL at all. WTF!!!

"Northern Lights gained popularity when introduced to Europe" - total fake. it was popular before, if it wasn't popular in USA, you would never see it in Europe..

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:41 AM #5
@hempy

@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHA KALA View Post
it is fake story, it doesn't mention real creator of northern lights, Herb Nelson.. and it doesnt mention BOEL at all. WTF!!!

"Northern Lights gained popularity when introduced to Europe" - total fake. it was popular before, if it wasn't popular in USA, you would never see it in Europe..

How would you know MAHA were you there or did you have any roll in NL no.

This hate for Nevil and any of his work you show only makes YOU and YOU alone look like a clown.

Old 12-04-2020, 10:47 AM #6
@hempy

@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute@hempy has a reputation beyond repute
I think RoyalFlush is a bit of an expert on NL

Old 12-04-2020, 04:30 PM #7
sbeanonnamellow

sbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by @hempy View Post
How would you know MAHA were you there or did you have any roll in NL no.

This hate for Nevil and any of his work you show only makes YOU and YOU alone look like a clown.

Not speaking for MAHA or others, but the Seattle Greg dude has given interviews and shared the story online already.

Facts are facts, the herb was enjoyed by many before it got to Holland. From what I picked up of the story, Greg sent seed to Nevil after seeing an advertisement on the back of a cannabis magazine sitting around in his buddies hair salon shop. Sometime later the phone rang for Greg and it was Nevil on the other end saying how it took a lot of effort tracking his number down and that he wanted more of those "indoor" seeeds.

Those seeds and those lines were being worked and smoked by many from what the stories would suggest, way before making their way to Holland.

That's why I made this thread, because it seems like a lot of famous lines might have a solid genetic base coming from these NL types 1-11.

Someone else made the #5 by crossing the Afghani to "Hawaiian", iir the Herb dude that MAHA referenced. And to think, these all sort of spawned from the Afghan worked by Steve Murphy. I'm thinking that was a special component to a lot of stuff, and wanted to hear what others thought of the possibility. Much love

Old 12-04-2020, 04:52 PM #8
@hempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeanonnamellow View Post
Not speaking for MAHA or others, but the Seattle Greg dude has given interviews and shared the story online already.

Facts are facts, the herb was enjoyed by many before it got to Holland. From what I picked up of the story, Greg sent seed to Nevil after seeing an advertisement on the back of a cannabis magazine sitting around in his buddies hair salon shop. Sometime later the phone rang for Greg and it was Nevil on the other end saying how it took a lot of effort tracking his number down and that he wanted more of those "indoor" seeeds.

Those seeds and those lines were being worked and smoked by many from what the stories would suggest, way before making their way to Holland.

That's why I made this thread, because it seems like a lot of famous lines might have a solid genetic base coming from these NL types 1-11.

Someone else made the #5 by crossing the Afghani to "Hawaiian", iir the Herb dude that MAHA referenced. And to think, these all sort of spawned from the Afghan worked by Steve Murphy. I'm thinking that was a special component to a lot of stuff, and wanted to hear what others thought of the possibility. Much love

sbeanonnamellow i don't know the story behind NL Nevil did tell me things relating to NL but i had no interests in it as i don't like NL as a smoke but do see its value in breeding.

RoyalFlush knows a lot about NL maybe he can chim in but what i do know is the NL people know and smoke all came from Holland and that NL had a lot of work done to it by Nevil.

Nevil made NL5 not some guy in Hawaii.

Old 12-04-2020, 05:25 PM #9
sbeanonnamellow

If you don't know the story why would you lambast MAHA for sharing by suggesting they woudn't know because they weren't there. Pot calling the kettle black yeah?

I doubt anyone knows more about the NL lines and story than Seattle Greg himself. Nevil didn't make the original NL5. How could he make something that was already made? He ditched the actual NL5 cutting supposedly, and made a selection from seed (which there is speculation if it was even pure NL5 seed he was sent) so him calling it NL5 was kind of bogus if that's the reality. Another in the long line of re-naming things and only causing more confusion. Sure, the plant he picked out and used was popularized, but that doesn't mean he created or made NL5.

In my opinion that's a huge slight on the work done by Steve Murphy with respect to the Afghan. We stand on the shoulders of giants. Not knocking Nevil, but he wasn't making these lines, he was getting them out to the public. They came to him already pretty good if he was ringing people up halfway around the world trying to score more seeds. I think you do Nevil a disservice by making him out to have done more than he actually did, because it casts a shadow on the things he actually did accomplish and do. It's like you're trying to make a guy who is already a legend in the scene, more legendary but that just makes it look like you're trying to put credits to him that aren't actually his. So, it muddies the water a bit and makes things unclear. Just my opinion of course.

Seattle Greg said it was supposed to be spelled "Northern Lites" they couldn't even get the catalog typed up correctly...

Doesn't mean that I'm not interested in MNS Ortega, or other stuff that came Shanti's way or Sensi's way via Nevil, and came Nevils ways via rad dudes like Seattle Greg, and so on. Steve Murphy sharing with Greg, whoever shared with Steve Murphy, ect. Much love

Old 12-04-2020, 05:28 PM #10
TheDarkStorm

TheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant futureTheDarkStorm has a brilliant future
Nl#1 the base of nl was created by mating Murphy's afghan to nevils mazar line....all the the other nl lines came from this and different amounts of the Hawaiian in them.
TheDarkStorm is offline Quote