What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats!

Yeah, how close are those side ones? If they're far enough, you could perhaps next time have a SCROG running along the sides so that you can train a thicker canopy on the sides.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
yea you can spot a couple burned leaves where they grew into the light. that happened a while ago tho and at this point they seem to all have settled nicely with the closest buds maintaining a small distance of at least 3" from the cooltube.

also i've got at least 4-6" left behind each container to move it a little further from the light if i need to.

last round i used parabolic (curved) screen to SCROG everything, but this time around i just felt like seeing how it goes with a bit of training and otherwise left to grow wild.

also if i put a screen in front of the doors i couldn't access anything!

the one thing i'm considering is possibly getting a new bulb even though this one hasn't burned out yet. i've used it for 1 flower and 2 veg cycles. any opinions on that?

Fattie

If you make the money, might as well get the new one, you could still use that one for moms and clones and things.

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
Your bulb should be okay for at least a year...

If your plan runs long enough, you can get a light meter to measure drops in candlepower for kinda cheap ($35?) (or a quantum meter for $200+)... and you'll have quantitative info on the light being produced by your bulbs.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
bud shot from last night. today marks 5 weeks in flower.

picture.php

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
haha right? actually my filter is starting to struggle with the stank.

i did a sweet redesign i'm excited to build. it puts the filter inside the cab and has the fan pulling rather than pushing (more efficient i've been told). between that and removing the 90* bend i think i'm gonna get a significant improvement in my cab's running temperature.

plus it should be more stealth.

picture.php

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
It's a good design...

Pulling vs. pushing is a pretty complex dynamic, with lots of factors. If you want more air to moved from one place to another (and the 'other' place's volume is relatively unrestricted), pulling will generally move the most air. If you have a purpose in moving air--i.e. removing heat, scrubbing--turbulence and air to surface contact time start to be relevant, and there become circumstances when pushing is more effective then pulling.

Specifically, there is a hood company that recommends pushing air to remove the most heat. I should probably have a link attached to such a claim... or a degree in fluid mechanics... but I have nothing to offer.

(Pulling through a carbon filter allows easy access to the dust prefilter... pushing can create a challenging dynamic in where and how to place the prefilter.)

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i installed a small 6" blowing across the floor around the bottom of the cool tube and it reduced my canopy temps by 5-10 degrees! woohoo!

picture.php

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
so i had a few days of crazy heat here and it was badly timed with my laziness in which i had stopped my lavender FPE regimen.

DUMB.

had a little mite buffet on two of my lowest branches (the ones in the front of the cab strapped to the floor).

so since then i've gotten in two neem applications and three lavender (over about a week and a half). seems to have halted them, but these branches had the little bodies all over them so i cleared them out for peace of mind.

picture.php

i won't be strapping things to the floor or gettin lazy on my pest control anymore.

G

guest 77721

They look great. Your space is sure filled up.

Have you been trimming off any fan leaves to get some air and light into the jungle?

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
They look great. Your space is sure filled up.

Have you been trimming off any fan leaves to get some air and light into the jungle?

thanks!

no i haven't really been defoliating this round. last time i did a lot of training and pruning, so i wanted to try a wild run for comparison. i'll get some larf but i've got bubble bags for the trim :D plus i love the jungle-ness of it :D

G

guest 77721

This grow, I selectively pruned off fans that were blocking light to other buds or interfering with the next plant. It made a big difference in bud growth. I'm going to prune on the next grow for sure.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
6 weeks and post #60 :D

alright red, you called me out. i did some much needed grooming, removing unused leaves from the back/bottom of the plant.

also my blue dream got a couple scorched nugs cause it grew into the light sometime today and spent some hours touching the glass on my cooltube. oops :D

so i figured it was about time to use those last 4" of space i had. gave em all a little shove back (away from the lamp).

picture.php

i love my closet!

picture.php