What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

orient express

Sensistar42

Had a small tester of the orient express this past weekend. My pheno seems to look like the squat but more spaced out nodes not the big chunky phenos thought, but I’ve also pinched the bell out of it to keep it from being to big so who knows. 🤣🤣

Anyways the aroma is like as stated organic earthy like after a fresh rain.
After the wake and bake sesh it made me feel like every moment that morning was a special and happy moment in life. Very surprising and very wonderful went through about 6 hrs or so of just feeling happy and things were right and not feeling like I should smoke more to retain my happiness. Though on the heavier side for work weed I think it will make a wonderful evening or relaxing day out on the weekends with the family.
Potency it feels like a very light blue berry/ train wreck feel to it. Can’t wait to try the finished product. Running 10/14 light scheduals for longer flowering things. To me it’s at 7.5 and looks done as far as trichomes go but I will take it till around 9 atleast to see for sure.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for your positive feedback on your first Orient Express experience, @Sensistar42! It makes me very happy to read that growers like you still enjoy the effects of this old strain :giggle: just like the first year it was released in 2005. Did you grow the regular or feminized version? Would love to see pics if you have some.

Sensistar42

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback on your first Orient Express experience, @Sensistar42! It makes me very happy to read that growers like you still enjoy the effects of this old strain :giggle: just like the first year it was released in 2005. Did you grow the regular or feminized version? Would love to see pics if you have some.
Your welcome! After liking through the China thread it definitely to me looks like a China leaner. I’ll have to take a picture of it later today. I got the fem version. I want to buy a fem and a regulate pack of each strain eventually. Fems to test out if I like it and regulars for preservation. I get weird if I just get regulars because I’ll get it in my head that I have to preserve everything because I wouldn’t want to toss males. After listening to so many breeders regrets. 🤣🤣

I believe in this thread you said that once you out cross it to something it loses it’s special vibe correct? What about f2,f3s of just orient express?

And I think In the coming years you’ll find your work to become much more important for effects that aren’t dumb and stoned. As more and more people are looking for mental medicinal relief as well.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Your welcome! After liking through the China thread it definitely to me looks like a China leaner. I’ll have to take a picture of it later today. I got the fem version. I want to buy a fem and a regulate pack of each strain eventually. Fems to test out if I like it and regulars for preservation. I get weird if I just get regulars because I’ll get it in my head that I have to preserve everything because I wouldn’t want to toss males. After listening to so many breeders regrets. 🤣🤣

I believe in this thread you said that once you out cross it to something it loses it’s special vibe correct? What about f2,f3s of just orient express?

And I think In the coming years you’ll find your work to become much more important for effects that aren’t dumb and stoned. As more and more people are looking for mental medicinal relief as well.

If properly selected, a line doesn't lose the quality of its effects, but it can easily lose the peak of potency, cannabinoids, terpenes, health, vigor, and yield.

Orient Express must also be a high-yielding strain, as described, so I didn't inbreed it much. Different expressions (and from different /generations lines) are combined, such as Vietnam Black-leaning or Chinese-leaning, to keep heterosis, vigor and yield in the commercial releases.

Sensistar42

If properly selected, a line doesn't lose the quality of its effects, but it can easily lose the peak of potency, cannabinoids, terpenes, health, vigor, and yield.

Orient Express must also be a high-yielding strain, as described, so I didn't inbreed it much. Different expressions (and from different /generations lines) are combined, such as Vietnam Black-leaning or Chinese-leaning, to keep heterosis, vigor and yield in the commercial releases.
That makes sense! Thank you for the info dubi. 😊 and here is my orient. And a Violeta x honduras behind it. The orient is pretty done I’m just trying to push it until 8.5 weeks because I wasn’t expecting it to be done so early. And with the 10/14 lighting I’m assuming it’s done even sooner. 🤣 So it’s getting a quick flush and a little more time for trichome maturity. I hate not mature trichomes. Just gives you an anxiety feeling instead of feeling the full effects for me.

Attachments

• CC54415D-3178-47F7-9B95-EE16991CAE10.jpeg
    CC54415D-3178-47F7-9B95-EE16991CAE10.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 92
  • 6A5022DD-9495-499D-A502-4E314CC1C7E0.jpeg
    6A5022DD-9495-499D-A502-4E314CC1C7E0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 90

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing a pic of your Orient Express finishing @Sensistar42 :) this strain has a flowering time of 8-10 weeks, with Chinese indica phenos like yours finishing in just 8 weeks.

Sensistar42

Thanks for sharing a pic of your Orient Express finishing @Sensistar42 :) this strain has a flowering time of 8-10 weeks, with Chinese indica phenos like yours finishing in just 8 weeks.
I took it down at 8wks 2 days, and that was pushing it! I could of taken it down at 7 due to the 10/14 light schedule but I tried to push it as long as I could lol

early_hominid

What a color palette in those photos @mycelium, beautiful!

I'm just about to chop my two OE, here's some pics. From some early sampling #1 is high THC similar to my indoor run, and #2 is less potent and might have a balanced chemotype.

#1 Getting no direct sun her last 3 weeks, and showing some mite attack since the tropical storm, but she's holding on well

View attachment 18902089

View attachment 18902090

View attachment 18902091

View attachment 18902092

View attachment 18902093

After a few months in the jar, my OE girls are exceptional cannabis. Both smoke very similarly as high THC phenos with juicy, loud floral funk aromas. The high is everything I was looking for in an early flowering sativa for indoor and outdoor growing. It's warm, kind, uplifting, and stimulating with crisp visual augmentation. It has a certain magic for me smoked or vaped outdoors, and I'm looking forward to many joints in the garden with it this year.

I really wish I still had OE #2, I will be trying to find her again this year

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
After a few months in the jar, my OE girls are exceptional cannabis. Both smoke very similarly as high THC phenos with juicy, loud floral funk aromas. The high is everything I was looking for in an early flowering sativa for indoor and outdoor growing. It's warm, kind, uplifting, and stimulating with crisp visual augmentation. It has a certain magic for me smoked or vaped outdoors, and I'm looking forward to many joints in the garden with it this year.

I really wish I still had OE #2, I will be trying to find her again this year

Thank you so much for your positive feedback @early_hominid 🥰 makes so happy to hear you are enjoying so much with the terpenes and effects of your Orient Express harvest!

I took it down at 8wks 2 days, and that was pushing it! I could of taken it down at 7 due to the 10/14 light schedule but I tried to push it as long as I could lol

Congrats on yours @Sensistar42 ;) please, keep us updated with a smoke report!

Just sharing photos of my Orient Express. I have 4 clones currently growing. These are at about week 4. How many different phenos are there?

Welcome to the forums @Prof.q_637 :tiphat: Thanks for choosing OE for your current grow! Those colas look lovely from here passing mid flowering. Are you growing the regular or the feminized version ?
Are your clones from same mother (i guess) or from different plants from seed ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the confirmation @Prof.q_637 If your clones are from the same mother then you are only growing the phenotypeof the mother, which seems to be Chinese indica dominant.

Sensistar42

Smoke report after about 2 1/2 weeks dry/cure I’ve been having it the past few nights. Smell is mango/earth/sweaty feet, the taste in the vape is citrus at first, then you get floral woody earthy fresh along with the China feet smell. Definitely can tell the terpinoline and myrcene in this one. The high is up, active, focused, yet relaxed in like an afghani feel but never getting to heavy to put you to sleep. Unless your tired of course. Having more later in the night wakes me back up assuming from the terpinoline and I do like that. It’s chatty after about 25min into it.
The next morning I feel a bit tired but not crazy dead if I had say og kush right before bed. I would love to have a tiny bit of Ocimine in this I feel like a tiny bit of sweetness would be perfect with this strain.
Compared to my pck leaning Violeta it is definitely heavier and I would say not as much of a complete bright happy feel for me. (Pck has limonene and Ocimine with the terpinoline and pinene) and more of a heavier come down then Violeta.

My primary use is more for relaxing for me so it fits the bill for me. I had a China indica pheno. So I would like to try and find the heavy producing short pheno or a medium in between pheno. If they are lighter compared. I do like this pheno though dubi said it would make a good candidate for breeding when wanting the non purple China leaning in the cross.

Prof.q_637

Thanks for the confirmation @Prof.q_637 If your clones are from the same mother then you are only growing the phenotypeof the mother, which seems to be Chinese indica dominant.

Thanks for the info. I don't know much about phenotypes and such. Just good at growing.

I've always wondered if a clone would exhibit different phenotypes of the original strain or the possibility of different characteristics of the mother over time.