What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

- Bangi Haze - Congo - Malawi - Pure Africa -

Big Medicine

Hey Everyone!

Nearing the end of my first Ace Seeds grow, and I want to share my experience with the world!

I was gifted some Sativa gear from a good friend, and right from the start I was excited to see what the Ace selections had in store.

I got;
Ace - Malawi reg
Ace - Congo reg
Ace - Bangi Haze F8 reg
Original Sensible Seeds - Pure Africa fem
Sensi - Mexican Sativa reg
Tropical - Old Congo reg
Nirvana - Hawaiin Maui Waui reg

I was starting to look like I just might have the best summer EVER!

Big Medicine

So after popping the beans, I transplanted the seedlings into 1 gal grow bags with some organic soil mix. I was just harvesting a room so I decided to veg them out in there final resting place, a 8'x8' 4x600hps flower room. I use a 150hps to keep photoperiod because I flip my lights.

Here they are, sorry for the sideways picture...
picture.php

Big Medicine

When I transplanted from 1 gal to 7 gal bags, the males were removed. I collected pollen from the males that provided, and removed the others for flower at another location.

I ended up with pollen from;
-Ace-Congo #2
-Nirvana-Hawaiian Maui Waui #1
-Nirvana-Hawaiian Maui Waui #2

And the males that are being flowered offsite are;
-Sensi-Mexican Sativa #1
-Tropical-Old Congo #1

I plan on making congo f2's and a whole slew of f1's. I prefer to grow seed plants so this should lock down my Sativa cravings for years to come!

Big Medicine

So these are the ladies I ended up with!!!

Ace - Bangi Haze #1
Ace - Bangi Haze #2
Ace - Congo #1
Ace - Malawi #1
Ace - Malawi #2
Original Sensible Seeds - Pure Africa fem

Out of everything, this room is almost completely Ace Seeds! That goes to show a lot in terms of quality! And the doubles have little variance, which should be expected from the two inbred lines. I didn't have proper number for selection but i wasn't gonna let these gems pass me by! And I'm glad I did!

BM

Big Medicine

So after planting in 7 gal bags, the ladies really blew up! I mean like inches a day!
They were still untopped and the natural christmas tree structure of these varieties really stood out. within two weeks, the tops were in the lights and it was time to transplant!
I dreamed of being able to let them flower out in there natural form, maybe somewhere in the caribbean... But I knew that was never gonna happen lol.

Those tops got chopped down in a jiffy, and I got a tray full of beautiful stem cuttings to continue there legacy!

I also gave them there last transplant into 15 gal pots, full of my custom organic soil mix. I went a little light on the amendments when I mixed it, with the thought of not wanting to burn these Sativa ladies with too strong of a mix.

I let them adjust for a week to help concentrate the hormones into the new tops before inducing flower.

I trellised them in there final resting places on day 4 of flower using my lowest net level. This was to insure I had plenty of room for vertical growth in the weeks ahead.

Here they are on day 4. Sorry last sideways pics i swear...
The Bangi Hazes or up front, the Malawis are in the back and the Congo is sharing the middle with the little Pure Africa.
picture.php

picture.php

More to come!
BM
:ying:

Big Medicine

Now we get to see Buds!!!!!!

Fast forward 14 days to week 4. The buds are past the second trellis, with plenty of room. I went ahead and raised the lights up all the way because i like the spread, and keeps the tops happy!

Here is the Congo!
picture.php

And this is the Bangi Haze #1!
picture.php

And the Bangi Haze #2!
picture.php

The rest of the plants are a real pain to photograph so they wont always get the spotlight, but thats just how I grow.

BM

Big Medicine

He we are on day 37 of flower. The ladies have really switched over to bud production. The Bangi Hazes and the Pure Africa are for sure the most traditional in terms of the structure of Sativa dom hybrids in my garden. The Pure Africa could have been flowered without topping, very short for what was expected.
The Congo is slightly taller than the bangi early but fell behind in flower. The Malawi are the most sativa structured, easily managed in a scrog.

The aromas;
Bangi Haze #1 - Raunchy, dank, and citrus
Bangi Haze #2 - Citrusy and dank. Very bright
Congo - Light floral woody aroma. lightest of the 6
Malawi #1 & #2 - Very simulay savory sweet aroma, alluring
Pure Africa - Sweet, raunchy, dank

Here are the door shots at day 37.
picture.php

picture.php

deepwaterdude

Nice, my broo, you got us caught up an' hungry for more in like 2 days;) Where they at now? When's the next installment?

Killin' it! dwd

Big Medicine

Thanks DWD! I'll get caught up soon! ;)

Okay, The first pic is of the closest malawi #2 bud a 47 days. Its kinda crappy but it shows the structure. The rest of the plant is behind it and the congo is underneath.
picture.php

Here is a cola from the Congo at 47 days! This lady really has me excited!
picture.php

Here I'm trying to capture the reds and purples showing in the center of the Congo buds At 47 days!!! I'm super pumped! Everyone loves some good purple and the PCK really passed it on! Purple Congo just has a good ring to it.
picture.php

Big Medicine

Here is the Bangi Haze #1 at 47 days. The #1 is a little chunkier and less citrus aroma, more of the rotten funk smell... mmm....
picture.php

And here is the Bangi Haze #2 Cola standing proud at 47 days. The #2 has moe of a citrus aroma than I prefer at this point. Still has weeks to develop into something special!
picture.php

Big Medicine

And I forgot this one. Its the Pure Africa at day 31. You can see the early production and the potency will surely be on poit as well.
picture.php

Big Medicine

Here was the Bangi Haze #2 with a Congo lurking behind it at 8 weeks. I like the funny little vertical growth at the top of the bud...
picture.php

Sticky Sat

Great work bro, congrats ! You were one of the first to welcome me on ICMag and I really enjoy seeing what became the plants you shared a pic of at the time. ;-)
Peace brother :)

Big Medicine

Thanks Sticky! Glad to see your following!

I really have to say. This Bangi Haze #1 8wk tester bud is Awesome! I'm really not a fan of the citrus, but i can still enjoy it. I didn't even finish my last bong hit before realizing how strong it was. Not overpowering but strong!

Here are some 8 wk door shots! More fading than I want so the malawi's got a good feeding of fish.

picture.php

picture.php

Well I'm off to go harvest some 707 Headband!
Thanks again!

BM

Sticky Sat

I really have to say. This Bangi Haze #1 8wk tester bud is Awesome! I'm really not a fan of the citrus, but i can still enjoy it. I didn't even finish my last bong hit before realizing how strong it was. Not overpowering but strong!

Sounds good brother ! ;-) Can't wait to try mine... First 2 females (+4 males on 6 seeds) are totally seeded but the clones are coming along slowly but nicely... :)

Bangi Haze 1 and 2 clones. The one at the bottom left corner is a little late but they're both green :)

attachment.php

Here are some 8 wk door shots! More fading than I want so the malawi's got a good feeding of fish.

It's also what I'd do but, in my humble experience, I haven't had much success at reversing N deficiency yellowing in advanced flowering plants. Also, having to process extra N after a lack of it often seems to somewhat keep already far into flowering plants to optimize their P's assimilation. But then, I'm outdoor in a very different climate zone so it may be totally different in your case... ;-)

A great week end to all of you brothers :)

Attachments

• Bangi Haze 1 and 2 clones.jpg
    Bangi Haze 1 and 2 clones.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts