What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In the market for a good DSLR camera

Hubbleman

Veteran
Prices have dropped considerably over the years and it is time to buy.

I got 2 options:

Canon EOS 1300D

Or

Nikon D3300

Both same price... both good reviews... there's one dude in reviews swears Nikon is better

:chin:

Which ones better dudes?

I have a 10 year old Nikon cool pix and it's good

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Prices have dropped considerably over the years and it is time to buy.

I got 2 options:

Canon EOS 1300D

Or

Nikon D3300

Both same price... both good reviews... there's one dude in reviews swears Nikon is better

:chin:

Which ones better dudes?

I have a 10 year old Nikon cool pix and it's good

99.9% of the growers who buy a DSLR think it will instantly improve your pictures. What they dont realize is there is a HUGE learning curve and most of those growers no longer mess with a DSLR...

I am one of those 99.9%....

The cameras in our phones are more then good enough for what we do...

Hubbleman

Veteran
While we talking about that, I just want to say macros of my new iPad Pro are as if it's got a microscope in it - really good

Hoypare.

I-pad pic.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 5

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
I'm gonna suggest a 3rd route, Sony a6500 or a6000

Sony mirrorless cameras are blowing up, Guys are ditching their canons and nikons to grab sony a7s these days,'

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
99.9% of the growers who buy a DSLR think it will instantly improve your pictures. What they dont realize is there is a HUGE learning curve and most of those growers no longer mess with a DSLR...

I am one of those 99.9%....

The cameras in our phones are more then good enough for what we do...

haha so fucking true, my iphone 5 takes better photos than I can with my 1500 dollar camera.

going to vietnam in 2 weeks, gonna try and watch a 1 hour tutorial video for my camera on the flight to keep busy... probably gonna get distracted and end up using my iphone again