What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mmmmmm...donuts

oti$

I've been meaning to start a thread for awhile. I've been taking pics, but the quality isn't the best. I'm in the middle of a pheno hunt trying to lock down some nice mothers so this will help me keep track of what's what.
Until this summer I was shut down completely since mid winter for security reasons and I'm starting over pretty much from scratch. I will work my way up to three or four donuts maybe changing the plant configuration once all the lights are burning.
Here's where I am now:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

And veg "tent":
picture.php
picture.php

G

ganjygav

Do you turn them plants or do they just sit like that? I've always liked the bare vert bulb idea but I'm too pussy to try new things out.

oti$

In flower I'm running some mystery indica and one small gsc cross from seed I was gifted from a member, strawberry diesel kush by fractal, cheese n Chase and hippy stash from connoisseur. In veg I have clones of everything listed as well as the fuzz by bodhi, valley girl and stink bomb by archive and a couple of another gsc cross gifted by another member. Thanks to both of you for giving the beans, they got me jump started and back in the game a little quicker.I'll post some pics of the plants leading up to where I am now.

oti$

That was quick, thanks for dropping in guys and no I don't turn them. I read early on that the plant waste energy reorienting themselves to the light when you turn them. I started out growing vert so it's kind of how I automatically think about setting up rooms and such. I have done several grows in trellised coco beds and will do those again eventually, but in this basement there is a serious hight limitation so I really don't think I can make it work even if I had the beds on the floor. I have another spot that has two rooms with 8 foot ceilings that I'd like to try the gavita flex 750's in, but when I acquired that place it seemed to some how come complete with a serious pest problem: root aphids and super mites. No one had grown there previously, as far as I know going back for at least 4 years. The first run was a seed run and the only variable changed from other grows was I used atami bagged coco which is where I suspect the aphids hitched a ride in...the mites, I don't know why there was such a problem as I try to be cautious about being clean and careful. Anyway, I have one tester plant there under one of those new 315 cmh or cmd(?) A friend gifted me and there is no sign of ra's, but the mites are still there after almost a year break from growing there.

oti$

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Theconnoisseur & SDK were actually started a little before the rest, they were left overs from packs I grew out the last few years....

oti$

picture.php

Cloning in coco...I got almost all to root, but it took FOREVER!
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Fast forward a couple months to the first week of 12/12...

oti$

picture.php

Those last pics were actually probably a couple weeks into bloom. This big girl started dropping balls@ around week 3...not nanners, dangling sacs, EVERYWHERE! She got axed.com which was probably a good thing because I had too many in that circle.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

oti$

I ended up with seven in this circle after weeding out males and the herm.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

oti$

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Not certain, but I think the last several pics are about week 5ish..

Last edited:

oti$

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

These are week 7....I'm kicking myself for not hanging the orca film earlier. I bought a new bulb(cheap one) for this circle, but without reflective material, I'm just losing light. Although these strains are all new to me, I feel the buds should be more swollen. I may have them a little too far from the bulb.

Last edited:

oti$

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

And that catches me up, I think I'm about 49 days in. I was hoping one or two would be done@nine weeks, but most if not all look like they need at least ten.

oti$

I've started one fuzz from bodhi, one cheese n chaze, and one of archive's sink bomb in flower because they were just way ahead of everything else in veg. I have two more big fuzz, but I'm trying to get some air layers to root before flipping them. I hope they show roots soon bc the plants are getting to a point where they will be hitting the ceiling before stretch is over.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

oti$

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Just some veg shots...I've got clones of everything flowering which will be ran again before I start handing out pink slips...I've also got one valley girl along with another stink bomb and 2 New gsc crosses in addition to those mentioned above.
I'll update at least every other week, maybe weekly. I will be popping more seed over the next couple months as well and hopefully I'll find a couple winners that I well eventually monocrop and start having some what predictable and reliable harvests. I gave a clone of my white fire to a friend a couple years ago and he keeps saying he can get it back for me, but he has yet to make good on that claim. I'm pretty sure one of these will be worthy enough to monocrop one light at least, but so far they look to be temporary keepers. The cheese n chaze is a fast vegger and roots easily and has a nice strong sour nose so if she smokes good she looks like the one...for now...if you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with:D

oti$

I got a couple of these a couple months ago. I took them bc, hey free stuff, but I thought they were just a small wattage light I would find a use for eventually. after researching them a little, they seem pretty nice. I used one to flower out a tester at the mite/root aphid house. I really neglected this plant, I let it dry out way to many times early on which caused some lockout issues. However, in spite of the mistreatment, the buds are swelling and turning out pretty good. I am now thinking about flowering out several.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

oti$

The density of the buds is really impressive, I can only imagine what this plant would have been like grown under ideal conditions.
picture.php
picture.php

I wonder if it would be worth hanging one of these LEC fixtures above a 1k donut... maybe remove the glass. I was considering adding a bare bulb 400watt above the 1k to thoroughly light the plants top to bottom using all of the 6 vertical feet I have in that basement.

oti$

So, I got the panda film up, for the most part. Hopefully this will help bulk up the buds more next time. I may have just got all not so great phenos as far as yield goes, but I think I should be able to improve some of them.

picture.php
picture.php

I will cover the ceilings when this circle comes down....maybe I'll get the other side's ceiling before they start to stretch out and bulk up too much to move things around. I had to put the fuzz(3) and another really stretchy plant into bloom or I would over grow the ceiling. I had 8 plants that were going into this next one, but I've over vegged so I may only be able to get 2 more of the more compact of the clones.

Latest posts

Latest posts