What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

Green Squall

Is Erdpurt sensitive to changes in the light schedule? I have 3 seedlings that are under 24/7 and am thinking I should reduce it to 18/6 for a few weeks before I put them outdoors. I got to a late start this year, so I might have to wait until the end of the month to to do so.

ErdPurt tends to easily flower due to its semi autoflowering tendencies, especially if you move plants or clones from indoors with longer vegetative photoperiod to outdoors with shorter days, so take this in consideration when planning you grow.

They definitely have strong semi-auto traits, the male and female I have showed sex at 3-4 weeks.

CowboyTed

They definitely have strong semi-auto traits, the male and female I have showed sex at 3-4 weeks.

I have an Erdpurt lady in a poly-tunnel who just started flowering this week. She must have autoflowering tendencies, since the solstice is still a couple weeks away.

She will enjoy the ridiculously long days of June and July for flowering. I wonder how all that sun during flowering will affect the bud.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are right Theorganicguy, the colorful ErdPurts leaning towards the Purpurea Ticenensis side of the hybrid have better mold resistance than the fully green phenos.

As i think i commented previously, to avoid as much as possible botrytis with ErdPurt is a good idea to prune the plants before flowering so they will distribute later the flower production in smaller, separated and more aerated buds rather than producing a big main cola more susceptible against fungus. When growing fast flowering hashplant indicas is better to prune them when they are more developed and not in very early seedling stages.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Indicanna Bones,

It's better to give them bigger pots and enough space for the roots since early stages, otherwise they can easily get stunt and start to flower too early.

Quite a bit of insightful info there, thank you! I've started two for now, they're in solo cups and have just broken ground. I'm thinking about two weeks in the cups before I move them to a larger container and put them outside. Do you know if this strain is negatively impacted by transplanting? I am working with regular non-feminized seeds and would prefer to transplant to intermediate sized pots and sex the plants before placing them in their final pots. I know that true auto flowers do not appreciate their roots being disturbed, I am not sure if this holds true for semi-autos and fast flowering strains such as Erdpurt.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yes, ErdPurt is very sensitive to changes in the photoperiod, a decrease in the photoperiod will make them flower easily, even during the longer outdoor days. My recommendation would be to keep them indoors under 24/0 photoperiod until they reach the desired size, then put them outdoors in the ground or in big pots to start the flowering.

Is Erdpurt sensitive to changes in the light schedule? I have 3 seedlings that are under 24/7 and am thinking I should reduce it to 18/6 for a few weeks before I put them outdoors. I got to a late start this year, so I might have to wait until the end of the month to to do so.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Very strong semi autoflowering tendencies yes, but not fully auto since we preserve ErdPurt mothers in our mother room since 2012, not easy to do it but definitely can be done.
To keep ErdPurt males in a mother/father room in long term is much more difficult.

I have an Erdpurt lady in a poly-tunnel who just started flowering this week. She must have autoflowering tendencies, since the solstice is still a couple weeks away.

She will enjoy the ridiculously long days of June and July for flowering. I wonder how all that sun during flowering will affect the bud.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ErdPurt regular is back in stock

ErdPurt regular is back in stock

Happy to announce that ErdPurt regular is back in stock from recent indoor reproduction of the strain. :yes:

It's probably the best and most interesting reproduction we have done with this strain up to date. We started seeds from 6 different ErdPurt regular lines from different parent plants and from different generations and lines with the goal to avoid excessive inbreeding and to maximize the chances to find new relevant individuals (of different expressions to the ones we already have in our mother room) to keep for future breeding.

ErdPurt was already quite inbred when we started to work with her.
In my experience, hashplant indicas closer to landraces (that's the case with ErdPurt, or Deep Chunk to name another) suffer much more negatively from inbreeding than for example pure sativa landraces, or outcrossed sativa/indica hybrids or unstabilized complex indica dom polyhybrids like modern Kush strains. We experienced a decrease in the quality and vigor when heavily inbreeding ErdPurt through for example selfing (S1) or when reproducing the strain with parent plants from the same filial generation. That's why i decided to use as many different lines as possible for this reproduction, as much generationally distant from each other as possible.

So roughly 100 plants were grown indoors, ending up with approx 60 females and 40 males from the different lines to choose from. All the females were cloned. Best yielding and more vigorous males were selected based on our previous breeding experience with the strain. The best selected males from different lines open pollinated all and every new female, producing 60 new regular seedlines. Notes of all the different females were taken during flowering, clones of the most desirable females were grown and smoked to determine which are the best ones, not only based on best visual flowering traits, but also based on potency, terpenes and effects. We only found a couple of hermie plants (result of our previous breeding efforts to 'clean' the line from hermaphroditism). After the smoking tests, only 5 new females are kept in the mother room from this new reproduction: green phenos, very colorful ones and intermediate green/purple phenos, one is especially relevant/elite, a super resinous and powerful pheno, even more resinous than some modern indoor Kush (ie Bubba Kush) grown at the same time under same conditions.

So summing up, the offspring of this hard work is what is going to be available in this new ErdPurt regular release.

Beside the ErdPurt breeding, we have also produced a few new ErdPurt regular hybrids which have been included in our R+D section for further evaluation:

Bangi Haze x ErdPurt
Bubba Kush x ErdPurt
CBD #1 x ErdPurt
CBD #5 x ErdPurt
Juanita La lagrimosa x ErdPurt
Lavender x ErdPurt
Golden Tiger x ErdPurt
Purple Malawi x ErdPurt
New Malawi Killer x ErdPurt
Malawi x PCK # 47 purple pheno x ErdPurt
Panama Goddess (F10) x ErdPurt
Purple Zamal x ErdPurt

Since ErdPurt fem version is also out of stock, we have started now a new ErdPurt fem reproduction. The parent plant chosen for the reversion is an old green ErdPurt pheno we call ErdPurt A, as we have had very good results breeding with her and i feel is important to use older, less inbred and fully tested parent plants for this job (for the reasons mentioned previously).

The plan is to use the reversed pollen from ErdPurt A to pollinate the best new selected females from recent regular reproduction, but also to pollinate interesting new generation females from the regular offspring coming from the lines of these recently selected females that are being germinated as we speak.

Hope you find the info valuable and interesting. Will keep you updated with the results of the new fem reproduction when the job is done.

YukonKronic

This post is absolute Gold. A prime example of the work planning and organization it takes to do solid breeding...
Hey Dubi how homogeneous do you expect Erdpurt Regular to be after latest breeding steps? Do you see it as a viable option for large scale production under temperature conditions swinging from single digit nights with 20+C days? How is her early cold resistance and vigour? If planting as early as possible is necessary do you see her performing well as a seedling in cold conditions? Soil temperature especially will be low until 3rd or 4th weeks of life in the application I’m considering.
I’m interested in wether you think Erdpurt or more preferably a high THC hybrid of hers could do well enough to provide a good extraction product at this latitude.
Happy to announce that ErdPurt regular is back in stock from recent indoor reproduction of the strain. :yes:

It's probably the best and most interesting reproduction we have done with this strain up to date. We started seeds from 6 different ErdPurt regular lines from different parent plants and from different generations and lines with the goal to avoid excessive inbreeding and to maximize the chances to find new relevant individuals (of different expressions to the ones we already have in our mother room) to keep for future breeding.

ErdPurt was already quite inbred when we started to work with her.
In my experience, hashplant indicas closer to landraces (that's the case with ErdPurt, or Deep Chunk to name another) suffer much more negatively from inbreeding than for example pure sativa landraces, or outcrossed sativa/indica hybrids or unstabilized complex indica dom polyhybrids like modern Kush strains. We experienced a decrease in the quality and vigor when heavily inbreeding ErdPurt through for example selfing (S1) or when reproducing the strain with parent plants from the same filial generation. That's why i decided to use as many different lines as possible for this reproduction, as much generationally distant from each other as possible.

So roughly 100 plants were grown indoors, ending up with approx 60 females and 40 males from the different lines to choose from. All the females were cloned. Best yielding and more vigorous males were selected based on our previous breeding experience with the strain. The best selected males from different lines open pollinated all and every new female, producing 60 new regular seedlines. Notes of all the different females were taken during flowering, clones of the most desirable females were grown and smoked to determine which are the best ones, not only based on best visual flowering traits, but also based on potency, terpenes and effects. We only found a couple of hermie plants (result of our previous breeding efforts to 'clean' the line from hermaphroditism). After the smoking tests, only 5 new females are kept in the mother room from this new reproduction: green phenos, very colorful ones and intermediate green/purple phenos, one is especially relevant/elite, a super resinous and powerful pheno, even more resinous than some modern indoor Kush (ie Bubba Kush) grown at the same time under same conditions.

So summing up, the offspring of this hard work is what is going to be available in this new ErdPurt regular release.

Beside the ErdPurt breeding, we have also produced a few new ErdPurt regular hybrids which have been included in our R+D section for further evaluation:

Bangi Haze x ErdPurt
Bubba Kush x ErdPurt
CBD #1 x ErdPurt
CBD #5 x ErdPurt
Juanita La lagrimosa x ErdPurt
Lavender x ErdPurt
Golden Tiger x ErdPurt
Purple Malawi x ErdPurt
New Malawi Killer x ErdPurt
Malawi x PCK # 47 purple pheno x ErdPurt
Panama Goddess (F10) x ErdPurt
Purple Zamal x ErdPurt

Since ErdPurt fem version is also out of stock, we have started now a new ErdPurt fem reproduction. The parent plant chosen for the reversion is an old green ErdPurt pheno we call ErdPurt A, as we have had very good results breeding with her and i feel is important to use older, less inbred and fully tested parent plants for this job (for the reasons mentioned previously).

The plan is to use the reversed pollen from ErdPurt A to pollinate the best new selected females from recent regular reproduction, but also to pollinate interesting new generation females from the regular offspring coming from the lines of these recently selected females that are being germinated as we speak.

Hope you find the info valuable and interesting. Will keep you updated with the results of the new fem reproduction when the job is done.

The whorled phyllotaxy plant ended up being a girl, she is putting out clusters of pistils now. I probably triggered her to early flower due to light leaks in the space I used to start her indoors. The stem rub smell is very strong, a bitter, sour earthy smell.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful and healthy green ErdPurt Indicanna Bones :)
If you want to delay a bit her flowering so she can grow a bit bigger then you can prune the top before the flowering starts.

Here's one of the males used in latest ErdPurt regular repro.

Attachments

• 69884914_168506334244685_118078999215701552_n.jpg
    69884914_168506334244685_118078999215701552_n.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 52

Green Squall

The whorled phyllotaxy plant ended up being a girl, she is putting out clusters of pistils now. I probably triggered her to early flower due to light leaks in the space I used to start her indoors. The stem rub smell is very strong, a bitter, sour earthy smell.

View Image

View Image

View Image

Mine are way smaller due to a delay in getting the seeds, but they have been outside for about a week and in the ground for a couple days. Only 1/3 is shooting pistils, so I'm happy with that. I know ACE said these plants require a good 4-6 weeks indoors, so I guess this will be a fun little experiment showing how they grow without the suggested veg time.

OnceUpon

Purple Malawi x ErdPurt

you did it!
that will be some funky stuff....

ive not the best luck with erdpurt, but did have one lovely resinous purple pheno in the seeds you sent as replacement.. smooth smoke and fruity hash flavor... more potent than the green ones i had.

made some erdpurt x g13hp seeds with that one.... they popped out an autoflower that hermed early...have one more went from flowering indoor to full summer sun and it looks exceptional with no signs of stopping flowering

happy you guys are playing with it more
new selection sounds fun

Green Squall

So about a month later, here are my 3 feminized Erdpurt plants in my overgrown garden. Don't worry, I'm cleaning it up tomorrow! Not my finest work, but I'm satisfied with the size and branching as I didn't give them the proper veg time before transplanting. Leaf hoppers did a number on a couple of them, but I haven't witnessed any powdery mildew, which has always been an issue around here. As you can see, the first 2 phenos are very similar and started showing pistils a week or so ago, while the 3rd and smallest has shown to have the strongest autoflowering tendencies. I'd also like to mention that the stem rub smell is one of the most unique I've ever experienced. Can't really describe it other than very intense.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

51North

Green Squall what's your latitude?
I got two plants flowering since a couple of days. They are green, wide and good branched. One of these has pink pistols.
A third plant grows much taller and is almost completely red/purple. This one is already flowering since the end of June.

Green Squall

Green Squall what's your latitude?
I got two plants flowering since a couple of days. They are green, wide and good branched. One of these has pink pistols.
A third plant grows much taller and is almost completely red/purple. This one is already flowering since the end of June.

42 North. The smaller one is showing colored pistils. Not sure about the larger ones.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great Green Squall :yes:

Thanks for sharing pics of your 3 ErdPurts growing outdoors.
It's difficult to grow big sized outdoor ErdPurts due to its semi autoflowering tendencies (unless you extend the photoperiod with lamps), but yours look well developed and with a good size.

Glad to hear they are already starting to flower and producing nice smells. If the weather is wet there in August and September then consider to prune them so they can distribute the flower production in smaller lateral buds instead of big main cola style, this works well to avoid botrytis with this strain.

Best wishes for the flowering! :tiphat:

So about a month later, here are my 3 feminized Erdpurt plants in my overgrown garden. Don't worry, I'm cleaning it up tomorrow! Not my finest work, but I'm satisfied with the size and branching as I didn't give them the proper veg time before transplanting. Leaf hoppers did a number on a couple of them, but I haven't witnessed any powdery mildew, which has always been an issue around here. As you can see, the first 2 phenos are very similar and started showing pistils a week or so ago, while the 3rd and smallest has shown to have the strongest autoflowering tendencies. I'd also like to mention that the stem rub smell is one of the most unique I've ever experienced. Can't really describe it other than very intense.

View Image View Image View Image

Theorganicguy

Erdpurt P9 in guerrilla, showing the typical earliness of the line. She had showed the first pistils around middle of July and started flowering a week ago with around 15h of daylight. I'm going to remove some fan leaves to improve light penetration and stimulate lower growth. Growing at 1100m isn't easy. She has to endure cold, humid nights, drastic temperature fluctuations and gusts of freezing wind throughout her whole life. Not only does she manage to always survive, but produces some appealing resin coverage, tint herself of picturesque colours and shows quite a vast array of terpenes: sour pine, red berries, hash and sometimes even mushrooms! This is the first time I've smelt such a distinct raspberry aroma. Things are looking really promising. I might even be able to harvest before the autumnal equinox.

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

Maybe I'm so excited because she was both my first landrace line and the first male I've started pollen chucking with. However, I can't deny that this strain has changed my idea of varieties. Cold and mould resistance, earliness, peculiar chemotypes. I've been growing this strain for three years now and yet, she still manages to surprise me again every time. She might not be the strongest, the most aromatic or the most productive, but, every time I look at her, I still smile happily.

:tiphat:

Last edited:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
^ Nice, mang :)

You might wanna look in to some Danish strains by Esben (and others), too. Get some variety there @ 1100m. I'm growing guerrilla @ 61N in Finland, the conditions sound about the same, wet, cold, frost, hot, dry, storm winds, all that in a week sometimes, plus the midnight sun thing.. Still, there are some real performers out there.
Just a thought..

Anywho, good luck with the ErdPurts there, dudes :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful words Theorganicguy :) You are right, ErdPurt is not the strongest or best yielding plant, but it's really unique on its own, its terpenes, chemotypes, semiautoflowering traits, its very fast flowering, it's look and overall personality .... it's a very hashplant Afghani line yet very different to modern indoor Kush strains .... after 15 years growing this line i'm still learning from it.