What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pakistan Chitral Kush

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got a few PCK seedlings that have three cotyledons but only two true leaves.. I've never seen that mutation before-

C

Cannabisso

I got a few PCK seedlings that have three cotyledons but only two true leaves.. I've never seen that mutation before-

Do you mean something like this ?

I keep seeing these freaks more and more often. I'm not sure what causes it. It's most likely a genetically transmitted mutation.

picture.php

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm glad you all are enjoying your PCKs :)

PCK is a landrace inbred line so the potency is probably not on a par with new era kush poly hybrids.

On the other hand, PCK is a very beautiful and stable line, with unique terpene profile (especially the purple phenos), great mold, cold and heat resistance, high resin production and good potency and quality effect in the best parental plants.

It works best in hybrids, especially when it is outcrossed with a good sativa, you can easily get very nice yielding, colorful, tasty and powerful hybrids, the new Malawi x PCK limited edition released this year is a good example.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello Folks,

Just some pics of 2 small, but nice PCKs that I have going in my current grow. Vegged about 3 weeks and put in flower about 2 weeks ago. Will use 1 of these to make some F2s using pollen from a nice PCK grown last year. Also plan to make a cross with a Cherry Bomb that I have pollen collected and ready. 1 of these PCK girls turned out with a 'forked' main stem. This may be more common than I realize, but it's the first for me.

The smoke from my PCK last year definetly improved the longer it cured. I wasn't that impressed at first but I'm glad I kept it. After a few extra weeks, it increased in potency and delivered a long lasting happy effect without the slightest hint of anxiety. I certainly will include this strain or a cross every chance going forward.

Keif

Hi Keif Stoned,

Plants with forked stem are rare to find, but they are more common in heavily inbred lines like PCK or Oldtimer's Haze.

As OakyJoe pointed out, usually this kind of forked parental plants produces a higher % of males, hermies or overall lower quality plants. Hope yours turn out good!

Indika

pck rdy

pck rdy

Attachments

• IMG_20180524_110930_325.jpg
    IMG_20180524_110930_325.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20180524_111106_492.jpg
    IMG_20180524_111106_492.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 22

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hi TheRealHash,

This has been just my experience breeding with PCK. The pure afghanis or very afghani dominant plants when they are crossed with PCK, for example: Bubba Kush x PCK, ErdPurt x PCK, Cheese indica x PCK, etc ... didn't produce vigorous F1 indica hybrids, the hybrids were just ok, but not better than the parental plants.

Many times the indica x PCK hybrids were quite low yielding and the ratio of vigorous-outstanding plants was low (but when you find them, they are truely exceptional). I'm still exploring this route, trying to find a desirable mix of afghani and PCK in a seedline.

PCK crosses much better with China Yunnan: hybrids like China x PCK F1, Orient Express Yunnan pheno x PCK and PCK x Kali China work very well, showing an interesting and more vigorous mix of traits, that are usually superior to the parental plants.

On the other hand, I have had much better and predictable results using a sativa female (especially african sativa female), pollinated with PCK pollen. The sativa x PCK indica F1 hybrids usually work great, the sativa effect and abundant flower/leaf ratio shines in the hybrid and the PCK adds the desirable forest fruit aromas, short flowering time and intense colors. This cases make 1+1 = 3.
hola Dubi and friends,I have some seeds (very few, 5-6) that I was brought from Afghanistan in 2003, obviously besides reproducing them to preserve the genetics I would like to cross them with other indica to enrich the genetics, do you think that PCK could be an excellent partner?