What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Racks on Deck!!! 1500w, sog, mini soil beds.

Here some shots of my new rack system.

The system is shaped into a hexagon. Just transplanted my babies in there and they are a lil shocked. So I will probably veg for about another week and flip 12/12.
There are 4 levels, each container holds a whole bag Roots Organics Soil (1.5cu ft). I can fit either 2 to 3 plants per container.

Its finally nice to join the vert section, there are some cool dudes with a wealth of knowledge here.

Last edited:

5th

Veteran
Looking good... I think...pics are still to small dude....but I can make out some of it.

Iiight figured out how to get em bigger.....here goes......

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
I like how you built planter boxes... That's pretty cool. It probably could have saved me some headache had I thought of it. ha ha... Looking good!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
racks-on-racks-on-racks.png

Racks on racks on racks :D

Love it! Nice simple design and grow style. How many plants are you running now? Do you have 5 or 6 racks?

There are 6 units shaped in a hexagon that holds 4 racks per unit. Each rack/planter(24 total) can hold 2-3 plants. So my numbers can range from 48 to 72 plants.

Hey bobble the boxes where a pain in the ass to build and assemble.
They where originally supposed to be window planters instead but the cost where too much so I decided to build em. But later after assemblage, I found cheap window planters from ace hardware online, which would've made my life much easier.

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
ez man, nice setup, looking tidy
always the same, when youre nearly finished setting something up, you discover something a whole lot better, cheaper or a whole lot easier ...anyhow but thats how it goes... atleast one progresses right...
next step you could take, would be to wrap that wood up in reflective material,
try some first aid blankets... you know the ones you get after a marathon, dead cheap and i believe the same material or atleast very similar to mylar... they are perfect size for vertical 2m*1,6m..
also better for the wood cause of mold etc

talking of witch hows it goin to work with runoff, flushing... youre goin to have to be watering very precice .. interesting..
i read soil yeah? so prob your own mix but earth, so alot less watering and hardly any runoff i suppose could be something very efficiant & cost saving if done well

prob 2 weeks veg would be best to fill out some chicken wire/net going round to tie them down & train them...
good luck
:tiphat:

D

DHF

Hell....I`m gettin old....Let another 1 slip in on me.....Welcome Bro....More racks....wow.....

Like the angled planter boxes of sorts...kinda sorta what I had with pondliner and coco.....Now ......cover everything that ain`t green in reflectix and you`ll be good ta go....

As far as 48 or 72 plants....however many it takes ta develop the sideways canopy top to bottom the fastest with no holes and as deep as the bare bulbs will penetrate till end of stretch...

Watch your corners cuz the plants`ll crowd each other and compete for light and environment....keep em thinned out after end of stretch....and....

Good luck with the soil grow...also....getchas some dripclean to prevent salt buildup in your medium....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

takkada

Here some shots of my new rack system.

The system is shaped into a hexagon. Just transplanted my babies in there and they are a lil shocked. So I will probably veg for about another week and flip 12/12.
There are 4 levels, each container holds a whole bag Roots Organics Soil (1.5cu ft). I can fit either 2 to 3 plants per container.

Its finally nice to join the vert section, there are some cool dudes with a wealth of knowledge here.

very interesting, but is it enough light.

Mister_D

Veteran
Nice rack Dr ;) Looks pretty similar to what i've been designing for my own space. I'll be watching and hopefully picking up a few ideas along the way.

Nice. So it's a 1k on top of a 600? I'm confused by the 1,500 watts. Anyways, what's the distance between the bulb & the center of the nearest planter?

Latest posts

Latest posts