What's new

Canna coco users!

Hereward

I've used Canna coco for over a year now and have never once rinsed it. I mix it 2 to 1 with no. 3 perlite and put clones straight in and they just blast off from day one. Canna coco hasn't let me down once. Interestingly, I recently tried a couple bricks of GH coco tek unrinsed and haven't had any trouble there either.

Agreed. No need to wash Canna coco. I've used it straight out of the bag for many years.

A long time ago I did tests and it tested very clean-no added PPM's.

touringfunkband

Not to hijack the thread, but in a relative question when using Canna coco, what do you guys do about pre-charging with Canna?

simonss

sorry to invade this thread, but i was told to give the canna coco pro plus a flush with low nutes once in a while, i done this 2 weeks ago feeding with 0.7 from 1.3 and the run off hasn't come back up since and im feeding at 1.5 with a run off of 0.3 is this ok ?, my question is that is there need to flush once in a while or just leave it.

SuperConductor

Veteran
There's no need. Coco is a hydroponic medium so the nutrient solution has everything the plants need. Any nutes put in before hand will just come out the bottom of the pot when you water the plant in (with nute solution) during transplant.

skinzilla

I'm new, but I ran a 5.5ph mild nute solution through my coco prior to use, and tested the runoff, and I can't remember exactly, but it was close to 6.0 I believe. My question then becomes, if my runoff was 6.0, would the coco not be at too high a ph fresh out of the bag(7.0 is my guesstimate)? I'd rather not rinse/flush at the start if it's wasting water and time, so is the coco fine to start if it is at a ph of 7.0? Thanks, and sorry if this is considered a hijack(once again, I'm new, lol)

A

ak-51

I have used Canna coco for 3-4 runs now and I never rinse or precharge it.

Mantra

Just to add 2c more to the consensus - never presoaked it, and certainly never precharged it. I've only seen precharging hurt with this stuff. It seems to either flush right out or burn a young plant.

ortsa1

never pre charge or rinse canna.

gotta pre rinse that black gold garbage though

the h&g works for me with no pre rinse, same with botinicare

jimmi420

sorry to invade this thread, but i was told to give the canna coco pro plus a flush with low nutes once in a while, i done this 2 weeks ago feeding with 0.7 from 1.3 and the run off hasn't come back up since and im feeding at 1.5 with a run off of 0.3 is this ok ?, my question is that is there need to flush once in a while or just leave it.
No need to flush canna coco at all unless you got problems with the plant, iff run off readings start to rise too fast and are hitting summink like 3+EC so long as plant aint burning just leech the coco by lowering the EC quite a bit until the run off starts to drop, flushing all the time will throw off any buffering capabilties the coco will have too quick.
Your readings are ok, once EC starts to climb above what your feeding just ease off a bit and you should be able to feed to the plants needs and never once need to flush, 1.4/6 is as high as you should need at any time during the grow at a push 1.8 max. The plant will only take up what it needs no matter how high EC you giving.

jimmi420

Pot the plant up in the coco and a good feed to 20% run off is all thats needed, too much flushing will fuck up any buffering capabilities the coco has in it, you shouldn`t need to flush canna coco from start until the end when you do a 10 to 14 flush, unless you got problems like burning or are a heavy feeder of high EC`s which in that case a weekly flush may be needed. Feeding a high EC is a waste of nuits though as the plant only uses what it needs so feeding to its needs is the way to go imho, although neither way is wrong but more can go wrong quicker heavy feeding and more time and care is needed.

Latest posts

Latest posts