What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help from PBP users

cinnescape

Maybe someone here can help me. I've always been a die hard PBP user. Some people just can't accept that when you use PBP, hydro growing is easy as pie, even easier than soil. (I kill plants when I try to grow them in soil.) Every time I ask for help in these forums, it's "what is your ppm?". I say I don't bother with ppm, and they say "if you're too stupid to know your ppm, I can't help you", blah blah.

There is a description of my problem in the original thread.

Just to show I'm not a dumb ass newbie grower, here's a gif movie I made of how this same genome has performed for me in the past using PBP only, no Liquid Karma or Cal Mag. All I had was a pH test kit made for goldfish ponds. (This may take a bit of time to load, sorry about that.)

bigplant.gif

Old thread but I agree 100% that a ppm measurement is pointless for organics. PPM meters measure salt concentration. In organics there are minimal salts, if any. 3years of using Pure Blend I only checked ppms once for curiosity. The reading was over 3000 which should nuke most plants but my plants were happy as hell. To me this proves ppm for organics isnt reliable. Just like organics in soil there's no need for ppm readings.

bs0

I used to use 2 parts PBPB to 1 part Calmag+ and run it to 1000ppm full rez. Worked fantastically. Couldn't get it to work well without the calmag though.

Latest posts

Latest posts