What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

growers secret?

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
Anybody use this... i was thinking of picking it up ....my one guy swears by it ...
he said its like superthrive but better

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
yeah thats the stuff ...seems pretty interesting ...and one ounce treats 125gallons they say

Last edited:
I always thought superthrive is snake oil.... just old grow lore.

i personally never noticed a difference when using it, or not... so stopped using.

but never heard of this stuff.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Superthrive is not utilized by cannabis like it is other plants. All these things at essentially B-vitamin boosters. These helps with rooting vitality and thus nutrient uptake and yields. Just cannabis uses these products extremely efficiently. I personally prefer Thrive Alive (green label) but only use it to wet the cloning plugs or the medium the first time or two after transplanting.

dank.Frank

Homebrewer

Veteran
Any product that costs $1000 per liter is just cashing in on growers who have more money than brains. I'd say avoid it like the plague.

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
buy who would need a liter if one ounce treates a 125 gallons .....one
liter would prolly treat several acers...i just assumed it was like super thrive ( i mean who would need anything over a ounce anyway) well im going to pick up an ounce of it and ill report back...k just because my growing mentor swears by it....i just wanted to see if anybody out ther actually uses the stuff

Homebrewer

Veteran
buy who would need a liter if one ounce treates a 125 gallons .....one
liter would prolly treat several acers...i just assumed it was like super thrive ( i mean who would need anything over a ounce anyway) well im going to pick up an ounce of it and ill report back...k just because my growing mentor swears by it....i just wanted to see if anybody out ther actually uses the stuff
Definitely report back if you buy the stuff. The article below was written by Jim Downer, PhD from UC Davis, it may be of use to you and your mentor at some point:

Snake Oil, Horticultural Myths, Horticultural Urban Legends, and Persuaders....

http://ceventura.ucdavis.edu/newslet...opics39882.pdf

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
good artical...thx....i just wish we didnt have to relie on hear say an growers testimonals but that's really all we have because of the draconian laws against cannabis....I'm mean we have other plants like cannabis but its not the same and

NeWcS

I always thought superthrive is snake oil.... just old grow lore.

i personally never noticed a difference when using it, or not... so stopped using.

but never heard of this stuff.

Really? I have pretty good results using it in the 2nd week of vegging. Massive growth of new roots almost overnight.

Y

YosemiteSam

fuck me runnin backwards. such bullshit.

check out the fermented plant extract thread in the organic section...then realize how much you overspent.

fuck this shit.

Granger2

Veteran
Saying that ALL additives are BS [and getting your panties bunched up over it] is simply close minded. In the case of Superthrive, it is not just Vitamin B1, it also has napthal acetic acid, a proven growth hormone, found in rooting preparations, root stimulators, etc. This isn't to say that ALL additives are beneficial either. Some work, some don't. Some do a little, some do a lot. Some work on certain plants, and with certain soils and media, fertilizer regimens, climates, etc., and not on others. Live and let live. -granger

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
Grower’s Secret was founded in the Hawaiian Islands in 1998, with the name of Advanced Biological Research. The product was discovered by a biologist on the island of Maui, while producing edible mushrooms for the fresh market. A key observation, followed by an exhaustive search, combined with expert counsul, led the founders to an exciting discovery. The intricate symbiosis of a basidiomycete with healthy growing trees.

The result of this symbiosis is Grower's Secret and a new category in organic farming and agriculture called Plant Growth Energizers. Grower’s Secret Pro signals a plant’s internal systems to operate more efficiently, thereby getting more access and benefit from fertilizer and other soil nutrients.

It took 8 years to perfect our complex production process, and an additional 3 years of rigorous applied research on a variety of crops to get where we are today.

Grower’s Secret Pro has been shown to encourage plants to grow up to 30% larger, reduce growing cycles, extend shelf life, and reduce pathogens and pests. It can be universally added to any fertilizer and applied by soil drench

greenwithenvy

Veteran
I wanted to bump this because I want to get this in my store. Its full hydro line up is all OMRI listed. Any more info on this. I really want to see some grows with it. Thanks

greenwithenvy

Veteran
We are an exclusive dealer now. The product will be here in a matter of a couple days. I can't wait to try it out.