What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thinking bout think different

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Just wondering if anyone has ever tried DP think different before? From what I gather on af.net which isn't a lot since I'm not a member, is that it is some seriously killer sativa like smoke.

I don't fool with nor have ever grown an auto but with the huge yields it puts out and great supposedly potency I'm giving her a go. Just ordered 18 seeds a few days ago and anxious to give these gals a go after they hatch.

Can someone give me some good detailed smoke reports on her and how she compares to photos? Is it really a trippy long lasting saliva high or is that a pheno thing? Kinda sounds like a high along the lines of c99 which I unfortunately passed this go around to give the TD a try. I'll just run Cindy next time around, @always wanted to smoke and grow her out as well.

MountainBudz

Thanks airbud for the quick reply and the link. Pretty interesting read as well.

I'd like to have more replies on this though I like a lot of mixed reviews and reports. Have you smoked her yourself? How does she compare to say Cindy 99 or some sativa photo hybrids?

The Pheonix

they are big fast growing plants..... i had a monster yield from two of them. not as good as photoperiods in my opinion but for 70-80 days finish its a good gamble

its the most intense lemon smell that turns to bitter lemon after time. the smell is just as strong in the empty jar 2 years later ;)

hope this helps

Peace Bro

MountainBudz

After doing more and more Google researching and searches I've seen some kick ass think different grows. Never heard anyone say anything but good things on the potency scale as well. I have 2 4x4 tents and will be running a 1000w hps in one on 20/4 hours and a 600 watt hps in the other on same schedule.

What I'm considering doing on the lighting is running the hps for about 12 to 14 hours and then switching to led while shutting the hps off so that way I can run on 24 hours without so much power consumption, or just using the dimmer on the hps since I haven't purchased and led's yet to save on cash.

I will either run 6 per tent in 5 gallon smart pots with promix hp mixed with ocean forest on the bottom of pots with added perlite and using the an ph perfect line or same medium with 9 3 gallon smart pots. I will also supplement co2 as well.

Usually with my photo period grows I will veg a month then flower and always usually pull a lb or more everytime. Averaging about 2 to 3 oz a plant usually 2 1/2 per.

From what I'm seeing I could easily double that amount in even less time with the think different from the journals and pics I've been seeing of this strain. So I'm hoping to pull at least a lb and a half in the 1kw tent and half lb to a lb in the 600 watt.

I may be wrong on my estimates but I'm hoping I'm not lol. Can anyone give me there thoughts on this set up, recommendations, tips?

It will be my first go round with autos but according to most all think different growers they pretty much grow themselves.

MountainBudz

If you don't mind me asking Phoenix, what was your setup like on that grow?

Could you give me a smoke report as well. More interested in the aspects of the high than with smell and taste lol.

I've also considered running the think different in the 1kw tent and maybe keeping the rest of my seeds put back till I master the strain and maybe ordering some auto extrema, auto euphoria or auto blue mazar in the other. I am choosing dutch passion exclusively with autos because I've not specifically seen anyone else offer such high yielding autos although I'm sure they are out there, the dp reputation has me sold.

I also thought about running fms c99, Mosca c99 and g13 labs c99 in the 600 watt tent, but worry with the autos being on 24 hour lighting will hermi the c99. I would like to try all three breeders c99 just to get a taste of the stability and pheno variations of each. If I could figure out a way to keep the lights from interfering I'd definitely choose this route over the autos in the 6kw tent but since the tents are side by side in the same room I don't see it working unless someone has some ideas.

MountainBudz

And to those stopping by, in your opinion what is the highest yielding dp auto in your opinion? And which is most potent? I want more sativa effect, sick of indicas lol.

Sorry to make lengthy posts but got a lot inside to get out and can't get on that often to visit and reply due to being so busy. Thanks guys.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
On the flip side, I grew out a handful I was given and found utterly boring, cardboard tasting no high cannabis was the result. It was a very good yielder and had great bag appeal. Just was like smoking the morning paper. Just thought I would add my experience.

MountainBudz

Wow that's the first I heard this one Lester. Sorry about your luck bro, but on a side note at least you had a good yield?

Hope to achieve better results myself.

NotYourSaviour

Think Different outdoor,2015

Think Different outdoor,2015

Hello MountainBuds,

I can't give you any growing tips but got some Think Different this august(outdoor!). Unfortunately my source isn't that gifted but I was told all five seeds had a lot of differencies between phenotypes(all fully ripe). I picked up and had a smoke then, nice bag appeal for outdoor though! Smoke could cut through my huge tolerance at this time(more indica) so not bad at all(strength is priority #1 here but all aspects should be considered of this plant).
Well, I gave it a proper trim job and put it into my jar(fortunately still in the curing zone)and didn't touch it since then(by the way I can't provide any pics).
I opened the jar some minutes ago just for you(I'm such a nice guy, huh?:)) but can't give much detail about smell as I got a mixed bag of all phenotypes(impossible to seperate each)but there seems to be one leaning on the sativa and one on the indica side.

I will get back to you when I tried it again(I take my curing stuff serious as I like a smooth and smelly smoke!)but this won't be before November as I got some other things to try first(life is hard, right?). Also I always try new strains with zero or low tolerance as I want to go for the full spectrum(as said strength is priority):dance013:.

Big-Narstie

this is the first time of hearing of this strain.. didnt even know DP did autos lol.. gd lk with everything!

i was smoking euphoria the other day its an old DP selection very nice cut hope you find something similar with yours if u have bought them already??

i ahve no exp with autos at all but have you looked into sweet seeds? they do some sativas indicas colourful and well.. sweet types lol atb with anything u do

Chrondiddle O

Veteran
I was one of the test growers who helped DP with Think Different during its development,under LED.It is a high yielding plant but unfortunately the finished product is nothing to write home about.It's not by any means poor but you wouldn't want it as your sole stash for any length of time.Think Different was one of the first in an improvement on the original automatic lines such as lowryder which would often produce finished plants as short as 9 inches with as little as a bongload of flowers on them,but now we are a few years into the development of automatic lines and you can now find a decent resin coverage as well as a larger plant.

If I were to be asked to recommend autos to anyone I would put sweetseeds into that hat straight away,the automatic versions of their popular and proven photoperiod lines are recognisable as those varieties in terms of growth habit,terpene content and aroma/flavour which cannot be said about many of the automatic versions of traditional strains.

THCMAN

I was one of the test growers who helped DP with Think Different during its development,under LED.It is a high yielding plant but unfortunately the finished product is nothing to write home about.It's not by any means poor but you wouldn't want it as your sole stash for any length of time.Think Different was one of the first in an improvement on the original automatic lines such as lowryder which would often produce finished plants as short as 9 inches with as little as a bongload of flowers on them,but now we are a few years into the development of automatic lines and you can now find a decent resin coverage as well as a larger plant.

If I were to be asked to recommend autos to anyone I would put sweetseeds into that hat straight away,the automatic versions of their popular and proven photoperiod lines are recognisable as those varieties in terms of growth habit,terpene content and aroma/flavour which cannot be said about many of the automatic versions of traditional strains.

OMG....I`m running 7 TD`s together with some other strains to shorten my sauber time, after I red so many good smoke reports
3 weeks old, two different phenos: 4 very bushy, 3 long and thin ones with long distance internodes.
Had also some Sweet Seeds Autos ( jack 47 auto and black cream auto) but something went totally wrong with germination by my fault..only one black cream is left...very nice and interesting colours!
Anyway..in 6 weeks or so I hope the TD`s are finished cause I need the space for Jack 47 and Sweet Thai photo`s from Sweet Seed.
Fantastic development and stunning strains, as fare as I can say. Would also like to know experiences from other TD growers...
By the way: it`s a miracle, how fast plants can grow...my autos are 12-15 inches tall after 3 weeks under 600 W HPS with big fat stems, all of them start flowering some days before.
No feeding with nutes, just watering.
First two weeks 24 hours, since one week 20/4, up from next week 18/ 6, in three weeks 12/12 because of the photos.
Thought it would be a nice hazy turn but now.....mh...
We will see...
cheers

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Wow that's the first I heard this one Lester. Sorry about your luck bro, but on a side note at least you had a good yield?

Hope to achieve better results myself.

It's crap. There are plenty of bad reports on it. They just aren't as visible as the enthusiastic people who like it. I'd add most of those people probably are casual smokers and possibly have medical conditions it helps, because it's a boring high that's barely noticeable and isn't noticeable if you have any tolerance at all. Granted it was a couple years ago I grew it and like all autos it will have changed a bit. But I see no way it could have improved much in that short a time frame.

Also every plant took over 100 days to finish. There's literally no good reason to do this strain indoors.... and not much reason to do it outdoors either IMO. I grew some other autos at the same time that turned out a lot better (Blue Mammoth, one seed only so I can't speak to stability, but it was much better even if it wasn't my favorite smoke - none of the autos were very potent or good as well as Afghan Kush Ryder and La Diva).

It yielded well. Too bad you couldn't really give it away where I live. And I certainly didn't want to smoke it. I didn't even like the hash I made out of it. I think it's still sitting in my freezer. I should probably just compost it and do someone a favor of never having to sample it.

Koondense

Veteran
My outdoor grown Think Different was not good, spicy-hay smell and molded in the last week.
Finished at 100days, low yielding and an unpleasant smoke.

The conditions were not good I have to say but nontheless in the same spot I had far better results with other autoflowers. No more Think Different for me.

NotYourSaviour

OMG....I`m running 7 TD`s together with some other strains to shorten my sauber time, after I red so many good smoke reports
3 weeks old, two different phenos: 4 very bushy, 3 long and thin ones with long distance internodes.
Had also some Sweet Seeds Autos ( jack 47 auto and black cream auto) but something went totally wrong with germination by my fault..only one black cream is left...very nice and interesting colours!
Anyway..in 6 weeks or so I hope the TD`s are finished cause I need the space for Jack 47 and Sweet Thai photo`s from Sweet Seed.
Fantastic development and stunning strains, as fare as I can say. Would also like to know experiences from other TD growers...
By the way: it`s a miracle, how fast plants can grow...my autos are 12-15 inches tall after 3 weeks under 600 W HPS with big fat stems, all of them start flowering some days before.
No feeding with nutes, just watering.
First two weeks 24 hours, since one week 20/4, up from next week 18/ 6, in three weeks 12/12 because of the photos.
Thought it would be a nice hazy turn but now.....mh...
We will see...
cheers

Eventually this is just an opinion then(with good arguments though)so maybe yours turns out better. I'm by no means a defender of this strain but the one I got as described above seems to be not bad at all(I do mostly smoke moroccan hashish but also have a couple of well organic homegrown strains every now and then. I'd always prefer well grown outdoor compared to indoor grown stuff though.). On the other hand I personally don't see a reason growing autos indoor(old discussion I know)but each to their own of course! Good luck!

@OGEvilgenius

Perhaps with zero tolerance your experience would be different!
In my experience(few decades) if you have a tolerance there is no way getting rid of it exept for not consuming. I tried everything from sports(endurance sports regulary and I do care about my health in general! Also I have a sauna regulary! )to different strains(I can choose between three mostly, indica as sativa ones). Also I'm a big fan of every type of edible but this doesn't help either once you built up a tolerance. Oils/what ever helps for sure but only for some time until your tolerance gets you. Every gear is pretty weak effectwise then(little sedation and a bit of euphoria). So boring! I regulary do breaks then.
Mayhaps my metabolism is fucked up though:laughing:. Just saying.

THCMAN

Eventually this is just an opinion then(with good arguments though)so maybe yours turns out better. I'm by no means a defender of this strain but the one I got as described above seems to be not bad at all(I do mostly smoke moroccan hashish but also have a couple of well organic homegrown strains every now and then. I'd always prefer well grown outdoor compared to indoor grown stuff though.). On the other hand I personally don't see a reason growing autos indoor(old discussion I know)but each to their own of course! Good luck!

@OGEvilgenius

Perhaps with zero tolerance your experience would be different!
In my experience(few decades) if you have a tolerance there is no way getting rid of it exept for not consuming. I tried everything from sports(endurance sports regulary and I do care about my health in general! Also I have a sauna regulary! )to different strains(I can choose between three mostly, indica as sativa ones). Also I'm a big fan of every type of edible but this doesn't help either once you built up a tolerance. Oils/what ever helps for sure but only for some time until your tolerance gets you. Every gear is pretty weak effectwise then(little sedation and a bit of euphoria). So boring! I regulary do breaks then.
Mayhaps my metabolism is fucked up though:laughing:. Just saying.

Hi Savoiur
very interesting what you mentioned about tolerance...I know exactly what you are talking about and since I discovered the benefits of smoking breaks my behaviour has changed completly.
Now I`m living in best of both worlds.
Everyone is different...for me, there is nothing in between...when I ues to smoke I do it from morning till night..if not, I´m completly sauber..
There is nothing like smoking your long time cured treasures after three month pause;-)
And with TD...we will see

Cheers mate..THC

NotYourSaviour

@THCman

Cheers for that one;)! I like to have my effects as strong as possible and smoking all day every day(holiday)gets my tolerance up quite fast. Especially over the last decade even with mentioned breaks between.
Seems your body respectively brain remembers a lot and you hardly get the feeling of the old days without extreme dosage(never had a break for a year though maybe such a reset works better then but I'm quite sure it also depends on your bad and good experiencies with this drug. Means I can tolerate a lot even after a break of two months:mad::laughing:. Of course I'm not indestructible though! Anyway life's just too short for such long breaks:muahaha:). Much more to say about that but this is enough hijacking.

By the way I cocked something up as I originally wanted to place my previous post elsewhere so another quotation to clear this up:

17 hour high? I personallly don't buy that one, especially as you put it, #1cheesebuds('trim' was smoked)!

Not even if you don't have any tolerance I don't think this is possible if it's just weed...

Originally I wanted to comment on tolerance here but mixed it up with an other thread a bit. So here we go again:

[from:https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7162386#post7162386 ]

To sum it up: if you don't have any tolerance and smoke then you get the full spectrum of effects(giggles, euphoria, munchies, trippy thoughts / insert what ever you personally rellate)if you got a tolerance built up already(especially if you smoke daily)you only get light euphoria and light sedation though in my personal experience! Even if you smoke stupid amounts of highgrade there is one point of ceiling and it bores the fuck out of me then.
Then it's time for a break for me but each to their own. I don't smoke daily anyway only on holiday and over the years it gets boring quickly then(matter of experience too I think).

Lame but 'less is more' is so true...
[from: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7164161#post7164161 ]

NotYourSaviour

As promised I had a go at the indica leaning pheno.

Gear was cured(real one ;) ) for at least two months. Smell is fruity to some point and smoke was nicely smooth, unfortunately bland though. Tolerance was low(no consumption for a week and prior to that not that much due to being ill)and it was consumed at a concert. Strengthwise it's a decent enough body stone with a more or less clear mind.
Definitely comparable to average indoor weed in that department!

On the other hand it's my first try on automatic strains and as already pointed out grower I got it from doesn't know his craft that well despite being a hot european summer.

All in all an okish smoke then.

I'll report back on the sativa one:)!

THCMAN

As promised I had a go at the indica leaning pheno.

Gear was cured(real one ;) ) for at least two months. Smell is fruity to some point and smoke was nicely smooth, unfortunately bland though. Tolerance was low(no consumption for a week and prior to that not that much due to being ill)and it was consumed at a concert. Strengthwise it's a decent enough body stone with a more or less clear mind.
Definitely comparable to average indoor weed in that department!

On the other hand it's my first try on automatic strains and as already pointed out grower I got it from doesn't know his craft that well despite being a hot european summer.

All in all an okish smoke then.

I'll report back on the sativa one:)!

High Saviour
Mutchas grassias for da detailed smoking report!!
Now I know what I can expect in a few weeks.... looks like I just can use it as a basic extension for the real stuff from ACE
And even the worst crap weed can be usefull for magic butter, so I think take them as an alternative herb for christmas cookies might be a constructive idea to spice up christmas evening with the family:)))

cheers mate