What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kapernick posts from funny pic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gry

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hermanthegerman again.

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
I think VTA shall have his last word and than the thread can be closed.

Not another long thread, that brings only frustration and no winner.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I think VTA shall have his last word and than the thread can be closed.

Not another long thread, that brings only frustration and no winner.

lol. its your own fault for reacting to politics in the funny pic thread, instead of reporting the first political post in there. :D

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
Yeah, lol, that´s true but I was polite I think and as I wrote, it is mostly senseless to make a Long thread out of it.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
picture.php

All the vets I know applaud Nike and their choice of Kaepernick as model for branding.

Most agree it's not a good idea to burn the flag, but all agree it's okay to wipe your ass with it.

As far as taking a knee during the anthem, all agree its a free choice, and protected by the forces,
as well as the Constitution, like gun rights and abortion.

If you don't like it, don't own a gun, and don't have an abortion.

And by all means get some courage.

If you won't kneel for acknowledgement, stand for those who kneel.

Bunch of pussies.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh yeah nike the poster child for shit working conditions very cheap overseas labor and making the most profits in any manner

do you realize that donald 'the duck' trump has most of his clothing line manufactured overseas??? that's the true poop.

G

GatorGumbo

It's just ironic that he chooses to protest by kneeling during that ceremony, which is entirely his own right, but let's ask who the National Anthem really belongs to? I believe the American flag and our National Anthem belong to the people, and to that end I find CK's actions preemptive and myopic. Many pro athletes give a lot of money away to charity, yet we hear hardly anything of that because it's not edgy enough to lead a headline. He has alienated many people which otherwise would have agreed with his motivation. It's the NFL millennial version of beating your wife because you care about the relationship— it's general misappropriation of logic based on emotional factors.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Funny thing is nationalism, being proud of the country you were born into, getting all upset if someone doesn't stand up when you play a certain tune/sing a certain song.

To me nationalism is an extended form of tribalism and I have felt it too when England plays football against another team - Of course I'll support the English team, because that's where I was born, but if someone else doesn't rally around and wave the Union Jack sings 'God Save The Queen'...and supports the team.....I can't blame them, that's really up to them. So I think that its basically a lot of fuss over nothing and who knows?.... those shoes with the stars and stripes on might enable you to leap a very tall building......in a single bound.

This is one of those arguments that could go on forever because I can see both sides of the divide are equally passionate about it.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Yeah...It's about police brutality against blacks.

But all he is doing is disrespecting our flag. Not your flag...my flag.

Wrong place and time for self promotion. He was done...dried up and all his plays were known. Get a clue. He is a selfish POS. Anti American-commie loving sumbitch.

:tiphat:

G `day vta

Nationalism aint pretty bro .
Next comes fascism . Then the militia .

The guy a heart beat away from the Presidency is a right wing christian fascist .

And prolly a Zionist puppet to boot .

On this holiest of Jewish days, Karen and I send our best wishes to all our Jewish friends for a Yom Kippur of Atonement, Forgiveness & Inscription in the Book of Life. #YomKippur
https://twitter.com/VP/status/1042182580852928517?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

It`s not going to end well .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love my country. I hate my Gov't.

I support CKs and others right to protest, though I will not join them. If they really cared about black lives, they should look at who kills more African-American males than anybody else - other African-American males.

But it's really scary to point that microscope at yourself.

Brother Nature

That argument is about as logical as saying the Dodo killed themselves so why save them.

Also, why the fuck would anyone who posts on this site side with the pigs?

Yup, that's why this is an issue in the first place.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I don't think that its a troll thread...

To have a proper debate its good to have opposing sides state their case for or against a certain topic and argue that point.

We are never going to agree on everything and as the debate unfolds hopefully we all learn a little more about the subject.....which is good.

So long as it doesn't end up as a profanity/flaming contest by members against other members.........say your piece.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
That argument is about as logical as saying the Dodo killed themselves so why save them.

Also, why the fuck would anyone who posts on this site side with the pigs?

Yup, that's why this is an issue in the first place.

G`day BN

Hey ! that`s prejudicial .
Bigots should be free to consume cannabis too .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love my country. I hate my Gov't.

I support CKs and others right to protest, though I will not join them. If they really cared about black lives, they should look at who kills more African-American males than anybody else - other African-American males.

but that's not a fair analogy, bad guys killing bad guys while most are doing bad things can/should be expected.....

but LEO (<--- supposed to be the good guys :dunno:) killing unarmed black men at an alarming rate and getting away with it is ludicrous. "I feared for my life." is the common excuse, then I say get braver cops!!!

X

xavier7995

Got a buddy with this one this morning, think it was a bit early for it to register with him.

Attachments

• patriotdick.jpg
    patriotdick.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.