What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blazeoneup hits the dirt again.

C

Carl Carlson

The soil mix consist of 1 bag of mriacle grow organic + 1 bag of pro mix + 1 cup blood meal + 1 cup bone meal + 1/2 cup dolimite lime + 10-20% added chunky perlite. Im running 3 gallon bags btw this mix will fill 10 3 gallon bags.Im running a few strains mostly chronic, But i have a couple URKLE and NYCD in there as well.

Clones were rooted in rapid rooters, Then transplanted to 16 oz styrofoam cups with plain jane pro mix, After they rooted the cups they were transplanted into the 3 gallon bags with the soil mix from above. When I run this soil mix I use plain water from day 1 all the way thru harvest.

Thanks for posting this.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Wuz up everyone! Got a couple questions.
One, still haven't heard if there are any teas you can ad to Blazes' soil mix.
And two, does anyone have an idea whats causing this, I'm hoping it's from being to close to the light.
picture.php

picture.php

or this?
picture.php

I hate to say this, I do not think thats from being to close to the lights, My guess is something is off with the mix, and causing problems...

Could be added to much blood and bone / lime or didnt mix it through-out well enough. I seriously dont think it has anything to do with lighting or heat! It's important to add no more then 1&1/2 cups of blood and bone meal, and no more then 3/4 cup of lime, It's also very important to mix it very well, To insure the added ammendmants are fully mixed into the soil and not causing hot spots that will damage the plants.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Definitely added a little too much bone or blood meal or did not mix well enough. Too much ferts basically and I believe it is phosphorus, but do some research on it I believe that is what I remembered pictured. I've seen this before and the burns on the sides are the sign. It also looks like you are over watering by looking at the leafs. Let them dry out between watering, but never let them wilt. Your plants will love you for it and your growth spurts will much more noticeable :D

Light burn turns a whitish/brown tone. Much brighter in color day and night difference than what is pictured..

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
would it be better to play it safe and only add 1 cup blood/bone and 1/2 lime? if you see any under fert just add a few drops of tigerbloom to your water?

catterkang

I can't get my hands on Promix for containers very easily on the west coast so I found some other mediums that are really close in make up to the promix for containers. The only difference is that ones I found have a bit of nutrients in them unlike the promix. Are these soils with booster nutrients in them safe to put babies in or will it kill them? Example. Sunshine mix #4, b'cuzz hydromix hp, FF light warrior somewhat. What is the best replacement and can I put young clones that have rooted, Into soil that has nutrients or will they burn/die?

Also, if i were to have some clones that were in soil that isn't this mix, I can transplant them no problem into a pot with this mixture without any complications right?

rafe

Those pictures with the leaves rolled under look just like one of my plants. They are all in the same mix and get fed the same thing. Any thoughts on this???

onelung09

clones that have rooted are much stronger different than seedlings you are good to go to transplant with a soil with nutes no worries of burn clones are ready for whatever

ely2121

I can't get my hands on Promix for containers very easily on the west coast so I found some other mediums that are really close in make up to the promix for containers. The only difference is that ones I found have a bit of nutrients in them unlike the promix. Are these soils with booster nutrients in them safe to put babies in or will it kill them? Example. Sunshine mix #4, b'cuzz hydromix hp, FF light warrior somewhat. What is the best replacement and can I put young clones that have rooted, Into soil that has nutrients or will they burn/die?

Also, if i were to have some clones that were in soil that isn't this mix, I can transplant them no problem into a pot with this mixture without any complications right?

Also wondering this...west coast has some good mixes but they all have some trace nutrients it seems.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Also wondering this...west coast has some good mixes but they all have some trace nutrients it seems.

The bcuzz hydro mix is an excellent replacement for the promix for you guys that do not have access to pro mix.

Bump*

I know this is an old thread, but I am deciding between this mix, lc's soilless mix, moonshine man mix, or subcools super soil...anyone want to lend a hand with personal experience with any of those mixes or the MOX used in this thread...which seems to be the cheapest of all the ones I listed, except lc's mix, which is close to this but soilless...thanks!

Bump*

I know this is an old thread, but I am deciding between this mix, lc's soilless mix, moonshine man mix, or subcools super soil...anyone want to lend a hand with personal experience with any of those mixes or the MOX used in this thread...which seems to be the cheapest of all the ones I listed, except lc's mix, which is close to this but soilless...thanks!

Man I got the same problem as you, I hope someone come with a good question and explain why.

I got an other question, does the mix still look like this or have you changed it?:
- 1 bag of Miracle-Gro organic choice garden soil
- 1 bag of pro mix for containers
- 1 cup blood meal
- 1 cup bone meal
- 1/2 cup dolimite lime
- 10-20% added chunky perlite

Last question, you do not seed in this soil right? What kind of soil do you put your seed in? Can you please explain detalied how you do from seed til you transport it to this mix.

Thank you very much! You are really a good grower dude, rolemodel! :tiphat:

WYD5 BT7

Blazeoneup,

Thanks for the inspiration over that past 10 years. I have used your soil with great results. I just re-read this thread and read that you now recommend FFOF because of nats and maggots. I also read that you say that you can add up to 1 cup of greensand with good results.

Recently, I have had a little yellowing earlier than usual in flowering. I have opted to change the soil formula this time based on the research but wanted to make sure my numbers are going to be okay. I have experienced the gnats first hand and don't really want that again hints the FFOF. Plus, that old MG is kind of hard to find although I think there are rebranded bags with a matching analysis of .10-.5-.10.

Hopefully you will see this thread but here is what I came up with:

1.5 CUFT of FFOF
2.8 CUFT of ProMix HP Biofungicide + Mycorrhizae
1/2 Cup of Greensand
1 1/4 cup of Bone Meal
1 1/4 cup of Blood Meal
3/4 Cup Dolomite Lime (Powdered)
10-20% Chunky Perlite

Hopefully, this looks good and will be a great replacement for the original mix that you produced years ago. All these items are easily found on Amazon or at my local hardware store making it ideal for me. Thanks again for all you have done for the community and for growers everywhere.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran

Pro Mix HP is slightly pre ferted just a bit, it gets used up after 1-2 waterings in the first or so week depending. Other than that it is just 70% peat, 30% perlite, and added dolomite lime not sure the rate but Im thinking 1 cup per cubic feet. Oh and Mycorhizzae is added as well.

There are many different versions of their potting soils, I have just used HP (high porosity = 30% perlite) Think that one is most commonly used.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
The soil mix consist of 1 bag of mriacle grow organic + 1 bag of pro mix + 1 cup blood meal + 1 cup bone meal + 1/2 cup dolimite lime + 10-20% added chunky perlite. Im running 3 gallon bags btw this mix will fill 10 3 gallon bags.Im running a few strains mostly chronic, But i have a couple URKLE and NYCD in there as well.

Glad I came across this thread, better late than never, already on page one I have questions! Im sure this might have been discussed at some point in the 80 pages here, but needed to know so I can continue reading with this explained.

When you say 1 bag of miracle grow and 1 bag of pro mix, you didn't mention the size of each of these bags. Im trying to calculate the strength of your mix on a per cubic foot basis. I know you mentioned that you can fill 10X3 Gallon bags, but are those bags actually 3 Gallon each? for example a 3G nursery pot is actually only 2 Gallon, and if its filled 80% full then less than 2G, so trying to calculate based on the pots you filled at 30 Gallons mix = almost 4 cubic feet!

Look forward to getting caught up on this thread, wish I would have found it sooner.

Latest posts

Latest posts