What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tips on preserving Silver Pearl lines..

Bud Jones

Someone generously gifted me some beans that consist of the original Silver Pearl.. that were crossed with an old Skunk#2 males years back .. I don’t have any specifics other than what was told to me… I now have access to a legal breeding facility, I never claimed to be a breeder so my question here is this .. I have 20 or so of the aforementioned beans . Would an open pollenation of those beans be the best tactic to preserve them? Any input from the kind folks here would be appreciated ⚡⚡⚡✌️

Easy7

Veteran
Open pollination the first round. Then grow out as many of those beans as possible for selecting as many good parents as possible. Can be done for as many generations as you want, to get the traits desired, always with large numbers.

Not being true silver pearl, but a cross. What is skunk #2?

Bud Jones

Open pollination the first round. Then grow out as many of those beans as possible for selecting as many good parents as possible. Can be done for as many generations as you want, to get the traits desired, always with large numbers.

Not being true silver pearl, but a cross. What is skunk #2?
An old line from the 80’s. It’s from the old Seed Bank in Amsterdam.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Did you grow silver pearl before, how experienced are ya with her??? Not sure what sk2 will bring to the table but the silver pearl I remember best were the faster girls who had floral haze notes...There is a group of oldtimers who still run her and at least 1 excellent cut of her alive and well in the Catskill area upstate N.Y.... Used to go by 2 named generals choice and rebel assault, u don't see weed like that anymore , good luck..

G

Someone generously gifted me some beans that consist of the original Silver Pearl.. that were crossed with an old Skunk#2 males years back .. I don’t have any specifics other than what was told to me… I now have access to a legal breeding facility, I never claimed to be a breeder so my question here is this .. I have 20 or so of the aforementioned beans . Would an open pollenation of those beans be the best tactic to preserve them? Any input from the kind folks here would be appreciated ⚡⚡⚡✌️

Silver pearl sure is a great plant, pic of the original from sensi:tiphat:

Attachments

• SSB-Silver_Pearl.jpg
    SSB-Silver_Pearl.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 42

troutman

Seed Whore
OMG, I wish Silver Pearl were available today. :woohoo:

Do an open pollination with all the seeds and if you want clones take them before you flower. :tiphat:

Silver Pearl genetics sure would be nice to get again one day. :)

G

OMG, I wish Silver Pearl were available today. :woohoo:

Do an open pollination with all the seeds and if you want clones take them before you flower. :tiphat:

Silver Pearl genetics sure would be nice to get again one day. :)
:biggrin:

W

Water-

Silver Pearl made me trip out one night in like or 94 or 95.
one of the weirdest experiences ive ever had with herb.

Does anybody know what Early Pearl was created from?

Miraculous Meds

Shit, lost my post. Long story short I love pearl. Started in 94 when a friend brought back seeds from Amsterdam. continued on thru a special silver pearl/g13 cut. Now I have two hybrid lines im working toward the pearl side.

Golden pearl (sp/g13 x sd ibl)
I don't have original pics up, but heres an s1 that looks similar.
picture.php

Sp/g13 x whitaker blues
#7, lavender pheno
picture.php

picture.php

blueberry cream pheno
picture.php

picture.php

Open pollination is your best bet to start, but if you find any pearl dominant phenos, it may be wise to save specific seeds from that lot to work with. Let me know if you have any questions, you hit a favorite strain of mine that I really enjoy smoking and working further.
Good luck on the project,
peace,
mm

Badfishy1

Shit, lost my post. Long story short I love pearl. Started in 94 when a friend brought back seeds from Amsterdam. continued on thru a special silver pearl/g13 cut. Now I have two hybrid lines im working toward the pearl side.

Golden pearl (sp/g13 x sd ibl)
I don't have original pics up, but heres an s1 that looks similar.
View Image

Sp/g13 x whitaker blues
#7, lavender pheno
View Image
View Image

blueberry cream pheno
View Image
View Image

Open pollination is your best bet to start, but if you find any pearl dominant phenos, it may be wise to save specific seeds from that lot to work with. Let me know if you have any questions, you hit a favorite strain of mine that I really enjoy smoking and working further.
Good luck on the project,
peace,
mm

That blueberry cream is beautiful MM

redlaser

Veteran
I grew early girl and silver pearl in the nineties from seed, only reason they were tried was the faster finishing times for outdoor.
At the same time frame Skunk #1 and 2-3 Northern Lights hybrids were available, probably bought them in the same purchase as the early girl.

I was trying to make an earlier finishing skunk by crossing early girl and early pearl to skunk1 and Northern Lights.

To me, Early Girl and Silver Pearl were not that interesting at the time, they didn’t add anything helpful to the hybrids I was making. I didn’t find them very potent or even much faster finishing.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Skunk#2 = Skunk red hair

picture.php

Skunk Red Hair marijuana was developed in the early 1980's. Back then, an abundance of red hairs was the best sign of sweet tasting, high quality buds - and this amazing plant delivers. She's covered with red hairs and offers a delightful taste and high. Skunk Red Hair remains the favorite choice of many indoor gardeners (although she's a bit tastier when grown outside). While she'll grow tall outside, you can easily control her height. She's a hardy plant with tight bud formation. She develops a distinctive, characteristic blush to tell you that it's time for harvest. Skunk red hair marijuana plants can grow quite tall and vigorous, but can easily be controlled in height. Skunk Red Hair marijuana doesn't overpower or overwhelm in any way. She's smooth and mellow. Her genetics have allowed her to include the scent of skunk with a candy-sweet taste. She'll give you a stoney high with a nice all-around buzz.

therevverend

Veteran
Everyone who was growing in the early 90s remembers Northern Lights, Early Girl, Silver Pearl, Early Girl. Fond memories of those plants some of the first cannabis plants I saw.
As far as breeding select for sweetness and early finish. I don't remember a lot of skunk smells and I remember a lot of guerrilla grows in clear cuts in the mountains. Good mold resistance.
For breeding first batch make as many seeds as possible through open pollination of all plants. Second batch make selective crosses. Third batch mix best of second batch with best of first batch. Wash rinse repeat.

Latest posts

Latest posts