What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fixing my water to suit cannabis

Even if not in use it could be doing something. I'm no expert but I know they require that threadless spigot for a reason. If there's ever a water issue, you can test both at sink and that spigot to compare

I use ro for my well water just too high ppm and high iron in water. Look in toilet tank and if red on inside walls that’s iron. For a ro filter you do not need the di (deionized) filter also. Also get a system with a booster pump if water pressure is below 60 or so, or add a booster like I did later, really bumps up output. Less than $200 for ro and booster. Gl OG

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I always have well water tested.
Once you know what is in it, you can usually work around it.
Last time I checked, almost all tap/well water has elements in it which are not plant useable. No way to work around it. This means nearly every water source will produce inferior cannabis quality to r/o quality water.

Choice is yours. ;)

Douglas.Curtis

It's a well known fact that most calcium sources in tap/well water are not in a highly plant available form. Very few people are lucky and have **only** plant usable elements in their water source, most are not.

Get over it. ;)

Douglas.Curtis

Again, they easily become plant available...
Amino acids, fulvic acids, microbes, etc. all make it a completely moot point.
Organic soil only, and only with time which isn't what we're talking about. You're kidding yourself if you believe everything is converted in the soil before cannabis absorbs it.

different

Soil or not, it doesn't matter.
Organic or not, it doesn't matter.
Plant science applies regardless.
Some elements will be available instantly, some with a little more time.
I'm not sure why you think I believe everything is "converted" in the soil.
You are quick to jump to conclusions.
Cannabis can absorb "unabsorbables" without first being converted.
It is not a unique plant in that regard.
Elements can catch a ride without being converted.
Encapsulation and vascular bundles are not new science. There are many papers available on Google Scholar that go in depth and may help you you understand.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Encapsulation and vascular bundles are not new science. There are many papers available on Google Scholar that go in depth and may help you you understand.
Of course it's not converted, and yet it still gets absorbed. You basically re-iterated every point I've made on why you should always use r/o.
:thank you:
Yes, when you only want necessary elements to be absorbed you want to use r/o. You're correct.

Nailed it.

Of course it's not converted, and yet it still gets absorbed. You basically re-iterated every point I've made on why you should always use r/o.
Yes, when you only want necessary elements to be absorbed you want to use r/o. You're correct.

The science seems to be a bit over your head.
Think less about trying to save face and just smoke a bowl.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
R/O is awesome, and easier and cheaper than I thought it would be. I got some great 30 gallon barrels off craigslist, a little easier to handle for me than the 50 or 55, and plenty for what I'm doing.
D.Curtis made a good point about starting from zero being easier than chasing around a solution for your tap water issues. Good luck.

Convinced me. It's RO time.

Douglas.Curtis

The science seems to be a bit over your head.
Think less about trying to save face and just smoke a bowl.
I care about people having the right information. You're obviously missing what he's missing.

Cannabis absorbs unconverted elements. Elements which it has zero need for, elements which it packs away and which do not flush out. The **Last** thing you want in your root zone are unconverted or unusable elements.

Amino/Fulvic acids and such do not hang around waiting to catch what's in your water and instantly convert it to useable elements. Because of this, your quality will be lower than when you start with pure water.

Science.

Latest posts

Latest posts