What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medical Marijuana Substitute for Travel to Hawaii

4journey

I will be travelling to Hawaii in 2018 and I have a medical marijuana license, and am aware that I can't travel with it, but am wondering what people use to treat pain while away on vacation as a substitute for pain from osteoarthritis and disc degeneration? I currently use high CBD oil and vape weed for pain control. I don't want to go back on traditional prescription painkillers!

Im not sure CBD hemp oil is comparable to get me through vacation and also not sure I can travel with it from Canada to Hawaii.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
from Hawaii.gov

The Hawaii Department of Health is responsible for administering two distinct but related medical cannabis programs. Both the Medical Cannabis Registry Program and the Medical Cannabis Dispensary Program are designed to ensure medical cannabis is accessible for Hawaii’s patients, while making patient safety and public safety its ultimate priorities.

The Medical Cannabis Registry Program was created by Act 228 (Session Laws of Hawaii 2000), and is codified in the Hawaii Revised Statutes at part IX, Chapter 329, HRS.

The Medical Cannabis Dispensary Program was created by Act 241 (Session Laws of Hawaii 2015), and is codified in the Hawaii Revised Statutes (HRS) at Chapter 329D, HRS.

If you are planning on acquiring medical cannabis from a dispensary, you must have 1) your valid 329 card, and 2) valid state ID, valid state driver’s license, or valid passport book (not passport card) on your person to gain entry.

http://health.hawaii.gov/medicalcannabis/

to use that link you have to take the s out of the htpps part of the url before reloading the page.

growingcrazy

I'm heading over in Feb... I take an edible for the flights. You could ship a package to where you are staying at also.

On Jan 1 HI becomes reciprocal for out of state med cards. Since you are in Canada, no such luck.

Just take it with you. They won't check once you get there. Just gotta get it through airport in Canada, which seems like it's legal for you to have so should be fine.

4journey

Im doing a cruise so going to multiple islands, not just one place. I am not interested in taking it with me since it is very illegal for me or anyone else to fly with it unless Im flying within Canada. Can I legally take edibles, or is that also illegal? Im looking for a replacement and wondering if anyone has tried hemp products as a substitute for marijuana CBD?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
to be honest the cbd alone won't help the same way, but you could try it. you might be able to make oil capsules and bring them along secretly, but other then that you need a connection on every island you are visiting. but the capsules can get you in trouble too, if things go wrong. so maybe see about getting sativex or something similar prescribed, you should probably talk with your doctor, as the other options we are giving you are not legal lol

mushroombrew

Veteran
You will find it easy to buy weed in Hawaii.

Very few people are against it. Widely accepted. I hooked up more tourists than I can remember free.

You can have it on the ship nobody cares bro. So just ask people for "crip". And try not to look like a damn narc lol!

I got clipped by the body scanner in Hawaii. TSA handed me over to cops. Cops told me to go put it back in my truck. Didn't even miss my flight. Under a zip is nothing trust me.

But customs? Yeah it had better be in your ass. US customs rank as the biggest dicks. Because they got such small ones.