What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

JOSH D OG KARMA GENETICS WHAT'S YOUR THOUGHTS

Mikesta

f+20

f+20

Aight so here is how it is going for the moment with my plants. I feel a bit ashamed as i have never had so weak plants. Even my first grow. So here it is.

First, i'll show you my other plants, 3 OGK from reserva privada, and 1 martian mean green from DNA genetics. They are flowering since 20 days.

Here are the 3 OG K from RP :

#1 :
KBc4Mn.jpg

#2 :
mcGxzF.jpg

#3 :
m8B6pL.jpg

Here is the MMG :
NFQQR1.jpg

They are not perfect, but they are looking healthy overall, so i'm not worrying too much.

Now here is a global view of my room :

AgJKxU.jpg

Mikesta

f+20

f+20

Everything which is not OGK from RP or MMG from DNA are josh D og.

Here is how my Josh D OG are looking :

mBvEip.jpg

fN5lf0.jpg

i2Icfe.jpg

Here is the pistols comparison :

Josh D "pistols (??)" :
x08AKx.jpg

OGK RP pistols :
gSVI64.jpg

Mikesta

f+20

f+20

MMG DNA pistols :
PDUX5z.jpg

You see what i'm talking about? Whatever i did wrong to these ladies, they dont seem to accept it.
They all had the same waterings same nutrients, same light.

I'm asking myself if the Josh D's are even going to give me buds. First time it happens to me over 100 plants from different companies. You can see they are hard to grow for me ?

It looks like Josh D's are growing viny, i heard real og kush grow like this.

If you have any tips or thoughts i would appreciate it.
Sorry for the 3 messages, i'm not allowed to post more than 5 pics in one post.

Thank you if you read it all

:thank you: :tiphat:

maimunji

Ok now with pics we can talk.
I will suggest you to open thread in infarmary section there many people can see plants and im sure someone will help you.
First what's you medium I think soil but can't see clear from pics?
Second what is your ph? Do you have trusted ph meter? Calibrated?
Can you confirm ph with ph strips? Go and buy ph strips they are cheap as hell and will give you accurate info.
What is your nutrients strength do you fertilized with nutes every time you water. Or feed,water, feed. Or water, water, feed or something else?
Overall I can say your plants have roots problems. Either from wild ph swing or other issues in to root zone like over water. But I will put my money on ph is out of range. I can see rp og kush and mmg also have issues but they looks like can tolerate more than josh d. But its exactly same issues just plants accept it more well.
I dont think your plants have nute burn at some point. Just wild ph swing or other issues in root zone.
In my experience nute burn always start at the top of the plant with yellow burned tips and move down. Also nute burn happening overnight its really quick process.
With nute burn I expect to see more dark green leaves not like yours. Your plants looks hungry to me either from ph swing or too much flush that I think you do after possible nute burn? Do you flush?
Here is how nute burn looks. Pics is mine.
You can see dark green leaves, claws and brown tips on leaves.
picture.php

And same plant burned again few weeks after first burn.
picture.php

Mikesta

Very accurate answer.
I'm using soil, light mix from the start.
I used pH down cause my water's pH is around 8, tested with liquid test, aimed for yellow. So around 6 pH.
I was feeling like the accuracy of this test is not good enough and suspecting some pH fluctuations.
I thought about nute burn cause my plants looked like this : https://imageshack.com/a/img922/6838/0Qs39Y.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/7393/PLgz5d.jpg

I sent these pictures to the shop where i buy my seeds, and they told me it was nute burn.
I got surprised cause i was following my feeding schedule pretty nicely.
I agree my other plants have the same issue, but handling it better.
I had some isues with watering too. Mostly underwatering.

Should i get something better to check my pH? What are the steps I should do to recover as much as possible from now if you have any idea?
Should i feed them again?

Thank you again for the interesting answers.

maimunji

Ph drops and strips is pretty accurate. Not much but closer from colors and my ph meter test I can say they move between 0.3-0.5. But yeah they are close sometimes you can't see actual color and need to look in white background but they are close at all and I have good harvest in soil only with them.
I don't think piss yellow is good color in soil. Light green to green is where you need to be. 6.5-7.0. Some plants is more tolerant and can accept more wilder ph range from 5.0 to 7.5 but at all you need to be between 6.5-7.0 for best results. You can see most people growing organic in soil never adjust ph.
I don't think you need ph meter at all but will be good to buy ppm meter some cheap will do fine job at begging until to deal your nutes and feeding then it isn't needed at all.
For steps you need to do im not sure what to say because I don't know what you do to this point.
Do you flush after suspect nute burn?
How much you flush 3x water of volume in pots 5x water? You may not flush and wait them to outgrow issues? Do you feed them with nutes after suspect nute burn or only water?
More questions than answers.
O and sorry for bad english but this what I can do. Its bad at all but I can understand and write almost everything when we talk about growing.

brookie

If you had serious underwatering issues that will certainly do it. Especially if once they were dry, you water them with nutrients. Hopefully the josh d just delayed flowering a bit because it was super stressed. I would remove all bad looking growth from bottom of plant and then watch the new growth over the next week. Get a feel for how heavy your pots are when they are wet, and then before they dry totally out feel how heavy they are. Try to repeat consistent wet dry cycles but not too dry...

Mikesta

Josh D og

Josh D og

Hi, :tiphat:

I've got to say even though I had pretty bad pH issues, I now got to try Josh D og and it's pretty good ! I had 5 females, no herms, low yield. (I had issues though so I don't know if it yields well or not for an OG), flowered for 70 days. These 5 females were pretty much the same smell and potency wise. Very stable strain in my book.

Potency is nice and it smells earthy / hashy / floral / piny. I even have little hints of coffee, as you can often smell in OG kush / bubba.

The high feels a bit energizing for the first 15-20 minutes, heart beating a bit faster (nothing crazy though it's not a racy sativa) and a smile on the face. Then it mellows and feels relaxed mind and body wise. No stress / anxiety, not a "scary" weed at all.

I'm not disappointed by this strain and it's a pleasure to smoke her.
I love straight OG kush smells / tastes and this chill out yet pretty strong potency so I might run her again with accurate pH and more veg time / lst.

maimunji

Hi, :tiphat:

I've got to say even though I had pretty bad pH issues, I now got to try Josh D og and it's pretty good ! I had 5 females, no herms, low yield. (I had issues though so I don't know if it yields well or not for an OG), flowered for 70 days. These 5 females were pretty much the same smell and potency wise. Very stable strain in my book.

Potency is nice and it smells earthy / hashy / floral / piny. I even have little hints of coffee, as you can often smell in OG kush / bubba.

The high feels a bit energizing for the first 15-20 minutes, heart beating a bit faster (nothing crazy though it's not a racy sativa) and a smile on the face. Then it mellows and feels relaxed mind and body wise. No stress / anxiety, not a "scary" weed at all.

I'm not disappointed by this strain and it's a pleasure to smoke her.
I love straight OG kush smells / tastes and this chill out yet pretty strong potency so I might run her again with accurate pH and more veg time / lst.

Nice to see you happy. How is josh compare to ogk from reserva privada?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
looks good- i have one fem growing... we are at 60days, n its dripping with trincomes- much more so then the chem's and sdkush growing along side- how long do these normally go?? i started to flush today, figuring another 10/15days ...

S

sourpuss

Aight so here is how it is going for the moment with my plants. I feel a bit ashamed as i have never had so weak plants. Even my first grow. So here it is.

First, i'll show you my other plants, 3 OGK from reserva privada, and 1 martian mean green from DNA genetics. They are flowering since 20 days.

Here are the 3 OG K from RP :

#1 : View Image

#2 : View Image

#3 : View Image

Here is the MMG : View Image

They are not perfect, but they are looking healthy overall, so i'm not worrying too much.

Now here is a global view of my room :

View Image

Looks like ur feeding too much... liquid ph testers vary from brand to brand. The only brand i would ever buy is called flairform ph test kit. Super concentrated 1 drop is enough. Lasts way longer than most others.
Sure you will be more on point next grow. Only gets better more you try.:tiphat:

Mikesta

Josh D og

Josh D og

Josh D is earthy / woody / floral, OG kush from RP is more on the fuely / lemony / piny side. I prefer to smoke Josh D the evening even if it has a nice energic buzz first, I find this one better to sleep. Both are potent and good. I had 3 seeds on OG kush from RP while i had none on my josh D.
I got myself an electronic pH and EC tester and asked recommandations from the seedbank on how to feed and which EC / soil so I think I'll be good for my next grow, will do my best.

Have a good day :tiphat:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
what is the picking time?? i have mine under 2x315 cmh- its been 66days, tricomes 50 clear/40cloudy, 10% amber - guess should let it go another 7/10days.... been giving it only water for 12days

danjos94

ran 4 of these, got 2 straight tk phenos, big chunky buds more earthy, slghtly chemmy even, 1 pheno im unsure of atm and 1 straight sfv pheno, that more fruity common og smell and foxtailed crown sorta buds, spot on to what karma advertised this line as, he's locked in a couple different og cuts to one seedline so would recommend to anyone without access to verified cuts

S

sourpuss

Nice phenos to be popping up in a seedline. Chunky tk phenos and sfv.... already got my pack :biggrin:

ran 4 of these, got 2 straight tk phenos, big chunky buds more earthy, slghtly chemmy even, 1 pheno im unsure of atm and 1 straight sfv pheno, that more fruity common og smell and foxtailed crown sorta buds, spot on to what karma advertised this line as, he's locked in a couple different og cuts to one seedline so would recommend to anyone without access to verified cuts

I got tk pheno i think? But mine have fox tail on the main crown is that how your's was