What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Funny Pictures Are Funny

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
We don't have any context for that 4-second clip, so let's let it go. Be careful out there on the roads and highways, it's not for the weak.

That truck bumping the cyclist is assault, and a disproportionate response to the original offense.

A dick move, no context needed.

But funny in a three stooges/trailer park boys kind of way.

As I understand it, a popular pastime is de humanizing cyclists,
the comments on the original post illustrate both sides of this
current trend.

Neither of which is funny.

picture.php

brickweeder

In that clip, I saw an entitled cyclist dishing out a couple doses of asshole and receiving a much bigger dose of asshole in return. If the cyclist hadn't dished his doses out, neither would have the truck driver. And when I see an asshole get paid back, I find that satisfying, even if others may not.

That satisfaction has nothing to do with dehumanizing a particular group, it just has to do with karma and actually seeing it in action. There is no law that says karma is proportionate, and my guess is that more often than not, it is disproportionate to any single action. But in general, if one dishes asshole out, it will eventually make its way back around in some way, shape, or form.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
very elucid description - and true to a lesser or greater extent - now I must go watch this cycle road-rage vid -

In that clip, I saw an entitled cyclist dishing out a couple doses of asshole and receiving a much bigger dose of asshole in return. If the cyclist hadn't dished his doses out, neither would have the truck driver. And when I see an asshole get paid back, I find that satisfying, even if others may not.

That satisfaction has nothing to do with dehumanizing a particular group, it just has to do with karma and actually seeing it in action. There is no law that says karma is proportionate, and my guess is that more often than not, it is disproportionate to any single action. But in general, if one dishes asshole out, it will eventually make its way back around in some way, shape, or form.

Latest posts

Latest posts