What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yeoman: 2011 Outdoor

damn yeoman your grow is nice. hope it all goes good for you. how you powering all those lights? generator? what kind of lighting you using?

Yeoman

I'm using a Champion 4000/3500 gas generator. I used Champion last year. They are affordable and are durable if you perform preventive services.

Lighting was 14/2 Landscapers Cord. Bought a 500' roll at Home Depot ($110) and broke that down to around three lengths of 166'. I used the higher end plug ends (1 x male / 1 x female per) from Home Depot (@ $7.00 / $11.00). After attaching the ends I hung them from the spine of the three 150' long cold tunnels with 550 para cord and zip-ties. All three male ends of the cord went into a 3-way GFI plug then to the generator. Right above each plant site I used a sharp knife to seperate the two lines of the cord and attatch a screw-on pin type light receptacle (found in the same isle as the male and female plugs ends). The lightbulbs were 23 watt CFL "Daylight" bulb (Equiv. to a 100 watt incandecant bulb). all said and done, complete with 10 lightbulbs and 2 end plugs for each 166' long extension cord cost around $65.00. I had a strict budget to adhere to so many things were DIY.

Of note.. The cords were constantly moist/wet/drenched with all the liquid sunshine we had for all of May into early June; having no issues. GFI tripped only once.

Regards,

Last edited:

diggity

sick grow, killer queen is dank indeed and the NL#5 should be a real treat, keep the updates coming,,peace

Yeoman

Thanks Diggity and Durdy! I appreciate your kind words.

Did and Age Old Grow and Cytokin foliar yesterday morning.

Interesting tidbit - I have had all the 6' smarpots plugged since the first week of May. I have yet to water. I salute Smartpots and their wicking action. I will most likely water this evening to prepare for the 100 degree plus weather thats rolling through the nexy week or so.

Here are some pictures...

picture.php

A little signage upon entrance to the garden

picture.php

Forgive the promotion, but this solar attic fan is awesome. Its works well. Keeping my Light Deprive at around the ambient temperature where all other structures are a good 20 degrees warmer.

picture.php

Light Deprive just about finished during this picture. Basically just missing the front tarp and the sides.

picture.php

Light Deprive finished and w/ tarp pulled on day 1 of 12/12.

picture.php

Mr Nice on June 18th.

picture.php

White Rhino on June 18th. The picture doesnt give justice to the deep purple stems.

picture.php

Jack Flash on June 18th.

picture.php

Looking east from the center of the Garden. Middle row is all Mr. Nice (both phenotypes).

picture.php

Tiny little starts and a dozen teens in 10 gallon smartpots.

picture.php

This is "Bear Killer"!! Behold!! I would like you all to know that this critter felled the tree it is sitting on.. Seriously.. Stop laughing!! hehe

picture.php

As if Scorpions arent bad enough, we had a visitor for a couple minutes. Mr X doesnt like snakes and quickly dispatched it with a series of Judo chops.

and finally...

picture.php

Mr. Nice and Mr. X

Stay Frosty during this upcoming heat streak.

Regards,

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
god damn the pics keep getting better lol....love that medical garden sign and the red cross for the choppers hahah.....this garden is gonna look bad ass come harvest..cant wait to see what happens.

Yeoman

Happy Solstice!

After 42 days of being plugged, I finally gave the ladies their first watering yesterday late afternoon.

Doing a Brix Mix foliar on Wednesday and a Tea root-drench on Thursday morning.

I hope everyone in this neck of the woods is enjoying this blistering summer day!

... Back to the rebuild of the cold tunnel frame for trellising

Regards,

Marcellas

Veteran
WOW!! I have GOT to do Smart Pots (home-made or not!) next season!!!! :eek: :D
.... Every smartpot thread you guys just get MONSTERS everytime!! I'm sure the hard work is well worth it once the season is finishing up and the last buds are drying/curing..

Amazing work! I can't believe I missed this thread before.. Keep up the great work!! :rasta:

Dudesome

Veteran
Yeoman, show us your living conditions in tha mountains!!! We wanna see how Yeoman is living his dream :)

vorzh

Loving the set up, hope to learn a bix. This brix mix for foliar, i hear a lot about it. Is it the only food in your foliar spray regimen?

Yeoman

Folair Schedule

Folair Schedule

This brix mix for foliar, i hear a lot about it. Is it the only food in your foliar spray regimen?

Vorzh - Regarding my foliar schedule at Garden site #2. I Foliar feed on Sundays and Wednesdays. Every Wednesday I foliar with Brix (4 tsb dry / 2.5 tsb wet per gallon) mixed with 3 tsp per gallon of Age Old Grow. I alternate Sundays with Cytokin (5ml per litre) mixed with 3 tsp per gallon of Age Old Grow and the following Sunday is Calcium 25 at half strength.

I spray water on the ladies early in the AM and as the sun is lowish in the western sky.

For both water and feedings I use misters/atomizers that keep the water particulates down around 20 micron. Over the years I have noticed a major difference with the smaller vs bigger micron ; Ill never go bigger than 25 micron.. Not to mention the human urge to soak a plant to dripping during a foliar rather than just barely misting it. It took me a while to not spray as hard, even though I knew that its been proven that more is less in that regard. Now that I practice what I preach it has shown to be a huge improvement. /rant off

The ladies are standing tall and dark green this afternoon after the Brix Mix.

Looking forward to a gallon of tea per plant tomorrow morning!!

Regards,

Yeoman

Brix Mix

Brix Mix

Since Peaceful Valley has ceased their production, but have been more than outgoing with the exact recipe, I expect at least a couple grow shops to pick it up this upcoming season. I am pretty sure that one of the local shops in my neck of the woods will produce it...

Regards,

Yeoman

Dudesome - I do indeed live on this garden site. Its a great place to live.

picture.php

Hang out area near the fire pit

picture.php

11 x 11 Command Post Tent

picture.php

Reflection on the pond..

picture.php

View from the "Backyard"... (Mt. Lassen)

picture.php

My favorite part.. On demand hot pressurized water for the shower!

Regards,

Last edited: