What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advanced Nutes Bud Ignitor?

• Thread starter Lloyd_Christmas
  • Start date
L

Lloyd_Christmas

Has anyone used this product with success? A couple weeks ago I checked out a new hydro shop, and one of the employees was raving over the stuff. For those who don't know, it's for the first 2 weeks or so of flower... I guess it's supposed to kick flower production into high gear early on....

I know that AN gets a whole bunch of hate in here, so if you're coming in here to talk needless trash about them please just save your breath. The only products I use that are made by them are powdered Big Bud, Overdrive, and Carboload. All three of those products work great, and the first 2 are the best bloom boosters I've ever used by a long shot.

B

Bud Bug

Has anyone used this product with success? A couple weeks ago I checked out a new hydro shop, and one of the employees was raving over the stuff. For those who don't know, it's for the first 2 weeks or so of flower... I guess it's supposed to kick flower production into high gear early on....

I know that AN gets a whole bunch of hate in here, so if you're coming in here to talk needless trash about them please just save your breath. The only products I use that are made by them are powdered Big Bud, Overdrive, and Carboload. All three of those products work great, and the first 2 are the best bloom boosters I've ever used by a long shot.

Its a liquid version of Bud Blood.

dmt

Veteran
its liquid bud blood with more canna specific ratios i believe. and ya, first 2 weeks now, then follow up with big bud. and a strongly agree with the bloom booster comment ), peace, d

toohighmf

Veteran
unless you are growing equatorial strains that finish in over 12 weeks that grow 12' tall, there is no need to add a booster before budsets even form, and there is no reason to add something to the regiment that will shorten the bloom proccess. the trick is to let go as long as possible. I don't even use bloom ferts my 1st 2 weeks of bloom. why would I add any companies bloom booster before even using bloom ferts. I think this is why we see chlorosis weeks 3-4 on a lot of hydro grows. watch NFR's thread on bud blood. he's a hell of a grower and can not distinguish the difference from what was used with side by side w bud blood and without. it didn't stop stretch, or tighten internodes, or even initiate flowering any sooner. in fact everything came down at the same time with no difference in yield, potency, bouquet or flavor.. lloyd. I'm not trashing AN, though I usually do. I'm leting you know from experience and research. my opinion is a bud setter any way you look at it is BS.

S

Surfr

I used Bud Blood this time around and it for sure shortened flowering by a week, upped yields as tad AND shortened the stretch.. This was on all the same strains I normally grow..

I've switched from Bud Blood to HN Big Up. It's cheaper with the same result.
I switched mostly because Big Up is designed for 3 treats during the bloom stage. #1- When putting plants to flower. #2/3 At week 5 and 6.

wait till in the future AN makes a product that will hormonally all by itself induce flowering, you have to add AN's Hermie de unite to conteract the male flowers that form. people will debate online for years whether the two products actually beat just turning the lights off half the day, my point is ignite common sense , AN is a great advertizer and thats just about it.

B

Bud Bug

wait till in the future AN makes a product that will hormonally all by itself induce flowering, you have to add AN's Hermie de unite to conteract the male flowers that form. people will debate online for years whether the two products actually beat just turning the lights off half the day, my point is ignite common sense , AN is a great advertizer and thats just about it.
any

You can already do that with any bloom booster that contains Gibberellic Acid. I know outdoor guys that do it with Monsta Bud. Just overdose the plants and they'll force flowers out.

The reason the Bud Blood and all those products like it keep things shorter is because of the high level of phosphorous at the beginning of the flower stage. I've heard it referred to top loading.

L

Lloyd_Christmas

Have you ever used any of their products? Like I said, I have, and bid bud and overdrive are the best bloom boosters on the market as far as I know. Marketing or not, my yields went up when i started using them... there's some common sense for ya.

L

Lloyd_Christmas

Upped my bloom nutes ppm? Yeah, maybe if I wanted to burn everything. Do you understand how bloom boosters are used with base nutes in terms of ec/ppm? I switched bloom boosters from gen hydro to AN as a good friend of mine advised, and my yields increased enough to justify buy these products many times over. I was averaging 14-15 ozs per 600 (more or less strain dependent). I used big bud and overdrive (the only change made to my nutrient regime) and that first run pulled almost 19 ozs off of a 600. This was with a strain that is an average to good yielder at best.

A year ago I would absolutely agree with you that AN is not worth it. Even today I don't think the price of their base nutrients is justified, as I can grow perfectly healthy plants with much cheaper nutes. That being said, their bloom boosters are awesome and entirely worth whatever they want to charge in my eyes. I probably spent 150 bucks on the bigbud and overdrive and ended up netting an extra $2000 just off that one light because of it. Now do you understand why I might be slightly interested in bud ignitor?

AN has shitloads of additives that are either unneeded, or available elsewhere from other companies at much cheaper prices. A few of their products, however, are very good.

With all due respect, you sound like someone who has never used AN before and are just jumping on the hate-bandwagon because you've heard other people spouting the same stuff. If you have zero experience it's not really justified giving out advice to people... Learn for yourself before you try and teach others...

dmt

Veteran
hey too high, as a hydro grower im dure u notice how plants use last weekd nutes this week. what i mean is when i switch from bud blud to big bud, i notice it a week later, and when i switch from big bud to overdrive i notice it a week later, then when i flush the leaves dont turn for.......wiat for it..... a week later. i like bud blood in week one and using big bud at1/3 strength in week 2. i get flowers popping on jack heres in 7-9 days vs 3 weeks when i used lucas way back when.plants realy notice it the next week, peace, d

toohighmf

Veteran
the 1 time I used bud blood it initiated flowering within 3 days. big bud started clustering things up about a week in and OD when used at the precise moment can fill in the gaps and ripen things in as fast as 3 days. would love to see a side by side using no bloom boosters vs with AN's 3 boosters... particularly now that AN ruined their big bud.. If you like Big bud, try nutri+ bud+... it's the same NPK as og big bud w 10% L-Aminos and 10% mg. opposed to none in the newly reformulated big bud and its half the price.

TB Gardens

Veteran
Revng an old thread... But I just stumbled upon this and had to say I completely agree with Lloyd, AN does have a few products that are excellent. OverDrive, CarboLoad, BigBud, & Bloom Booster Pro are all excellent bloom enhancers. I would have to agree that there is no doubt I get massive weight gain after I use overdrive. I wasn't Planning on using any AN additives this run, but in weeks 5-7 I decided to add their 3part base, CarboLoad, and overdrive ... And I am glad I did! Major weight gain a few dad after feeding

T

TREE KING

guys does bud ignitor keep your plants shorter in flower? tryin to cut down the stretch on this clone i got