What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kona Gold

H

highsteppa

Is Kona Gold still around? Recently tried some in CO that was AAA, could tell it is real cause we have an old Kona dom cut in our area (Purple Kona x Blueberry) and it tasted very similar.

Just for the record I prefer the buzz hands down over ECSD, which I like alot by the way. The Kona i tried had a very clear and soaring buzz, great activity herbs...

I'm skeptical that it is available in seed form to the public. Any info would be appreciated because I am obsessed!

E

elmanito

Highgrade seeds sells Kona Gold, but if it is the real thing you have to check it out yourself.Dont forget about Guerilla Gold (Early Gold x Afghani) which you can find on this board.

Namaste :smoweed: :canabis:

H

highsteppa

Thanks elmanito,

I've looked at the Highgrade and so far that seems like the only source, I guess I would have to grow it out to know if it is good. I 'm well familiar with the Guerilla Gold, i grew it in 08. Even though it has the Kona in it, the buzz is "knock you on your ass with a smile on your face indica". Truely remarkable herb for such early finish date outdoors. A bx back to the Kona would be nice.
Peace

biteme

mr. randude, you do not know how right you are. in fact, i just finished posting this info in another hawaii thread. dont get me wrong, good genes have been developed in hawaii and are available online but generally not those found in the bigger seed houses so use caution when buying. peace-biteme

H

highsteppa

I found this Zamalito post ona search:

"Sorry I apologize for doing this as I may come off as a spammer but within the next 6 months bsc will be releasing Mr. Greengene's cherry bomb and Puna butter, and within the year we'll be releasing a kona gold line. These are all excellent stable sativa dominant hawaiian lines that date back to the 70's or earlier and are in their pure form. That said I've talked to some really happy customers of reef's royal hawaiian and I'd crack thos first."

I wish i knew what "BSC" is or was cause it looks like they had the real thing

The Phoenix

Risen From The Ashes
Veteran
Is Kona Gold still around?

Wow, great question! The Kona Gold going around SoCal back in the 80's was great stuff, and I am supprised not many seedbanks are working with it. Wish I could taste the real deal Kona Gold again. I would think someone out there still has it, and could supply it to Gypsy.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That post by zamalito is the one that I found ICmag with. Wonder where he is now, anyone know?

Rgd

Veteran
i think this is kona gold...
came from someone even older than me
the sticky smell is very encouraging..
it has a particular perfume to it...
the male hit a few others like ogres..
i am quite excited..it has a vibe to it

Attachments

• kona seeded.jpg
    kona seeded.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 57
W

Water-

Does anybody on the Big Island know if the real old Kona Gold is still around?

Last time I had any was around 1993 on oahu

SurfdOut

Veteran
Its my understanding it is still in S Kona but held as tight as it gets. I have spoken with several folks who used to grow the line.