What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoking weed while pregnant?

Cojito

I have a really hard time believing our Gov but you go right ahead if thats what floats your boat. Please don't tell me how I'm crossing an ethical or moral boundy by smoking cannabis. I would have to say to that one "GOOD"!!!! I'm glad I don't think like YOU!! LOL LOL peace out Headband707:wave:

don't know why you think i care headband 707 - but that's cool. do what you want. i think i wrote in my first post that "adults are welcome to believe whatever crazy shit they want." so if the gov issues a tsunami warning by all means don't take the high ground.

but just to clarify, i never told you what to think, or how YOU should approach ethical decisions. and you still haven't actually put forth a counter-argument to anything i wrote. (sorry, your colorful use of LOLs, emoticons, and exclamation points do not qualify.) you're obviously confused. i'm guessing you're always high when you post, or reading comprehension's not your strong suit. that said, if you want to take issue with anything that i actually wrote about using cannabis during pregnancy, by all means - have at it.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
don't know why you think i care headband 707 - but that's cool. do what you want. i think i wrote in my first post that "adults are welcome to believe whatever crazy shit they want." so if the gov issues a tsunami warning by all means don't take the high ground.

but just to clarify, i never told you what to think, or how YOU should approach ethical decisions. and you still haven't actually put forth a counter-argument to anything i wrote. (sorry, your colorful use of LOLs, emoticons, and exclamation points do not qualify.) you're obviously confused. i'm guessing you're always high when you post, or reading comprehension's not your strong suit. that said, if you want to take issue with anything that i actually wrote about using cannabis during pregnancy, by all means - have at it.

LOL LOL LOL well bro your right I am always HIGH when posting and reading comp has never been my strong point LOL .. I do believe I responded to this particular statement made by YOU!

Ouote from Cojito

"i don't know about moral. i'm not religious. i just think disobeying federal or state law is an ethical breach. a breaking of the social contract. and i was suggesting that we pot smokers, "

perhaps it is you who doesn't understand LOL LOL LOL:wave:

L

Laugan Gaucher

These children may be more impulsive, hyperactive and have attention difficulties, affecting their learning ability.

I agree

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
images

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
These children may be more impulsive, hyperactive and have attention difficulties, affecting their learning ability.

I agree

May, Can, Should. I thought this community was not going to take those BS SPECULATIVE words.

Either it DOES cause birth defects or life long differences in human development or it does NOT.

Cigarette smoking has been PROVEN to cause the fetal heart to stop and stunt growth.

I have seen no such PROOF about cannabis consumption.

Cannabis is not as bad as cigs or alch on fetuses, if it were we would have SCIENTIFIC evidence of FETAL CANNABIS SYNDROME.

If a pregnant lady is allowed to purchase a pack of Marlboros and a 6 pack of Budweiser, we as a society have NO legitimate reason to regulate her cannabis use.

:joint:

dankski

May, Can, Should. I thought this community was not going to take those BS SPECULATIVE words.

Either it DOES cause birth defects or life long differences in human development or it does NOT.

Cigarette smoking has been PROVEN to cause the fetal heart to stop and stunt growth.

Cannabis is not as bad as cigs or alch on fetuses, if it were we would have SCIENTIFIC evidence of FETAL CANNABIS SYNDROME.

If a pregnant lady is allowed to purchase a pack of Marlboros and a 6 pack of Budweiser, we as a society have NO legitimate reason to regulate her cannabis use.

:joint:[/q

Last edited:

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Found this, seems very on topic

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2011/04/alabama_mom_arrested_after_infant_tests_positive_f.php#more

Police in Florence, Alabama say a woman was arrested after her newborn baby tested positive for having marijuana in her system.

Jennifer Lynn Sopanos, 35, of Florence, was charged with "chemical endangerment of a child," reports The Associated Press.

Sopanos' baby boy was born March 16 at Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital. Police claim the baby tested positive for THC, a principal psychoactive in cannabis. The mother also tested positive, according to Keith Johnson, a police detective.

Sopanos has denied using marijuana in her pregnancy, according to Johnson. She said the positive test was due to second-hand cannabis smoke.

Exactly how Sopanos would be "chemically endangering" her child is far from clear, since according to the best scientific research available, marijuana use by pregnant woman may actually reduce infant mortality.

Mothers who took no drugs at all had 15.7 deaths per 1,000 live births, according to the study. Mothers who tested positive for cocaine had 17.7 deaths per 1,000 live births, and mothers who tested positive for opiates had 18.4 deaths per 1,000 live births.

But mothers who tested positive for cannabis had only 8.9 deaths per 1,000 live births. In other words, drug-free mothers have 57 percent more stillbirths than mothers who used marijuana during pregnancy.

The benefits to babies don't end there. The scientific research tells us that toking mothers have babies that are just as healthy (if not healthier; see above) as babies born of non-toking mothers.

And you know what else the research showed?

That the babies of pot-smoking mothers scored better on laboratory tests of cognition than babies of non-toking mothers.

It makes sense, after all. Mother's milk naturally contains the body's own THC-like substances, the endocannabinoids, which exert a number of beneficial effects on the baby, including stimulating appetite and improving sleep patterns.

Mothers give their babies a booster shot of the body's own cannabinoids in breast milk to give them the munchies, because they have to learn to eat, according to Dr. Robert Melamede, one of the leading researchers into endocannabinoids and their effects.

So believe anything you want, Alabama -- but if you're interested in science?

Science says pot-smoking moms have healthier, smarter babies than anyone else.

mintz

:joint:
im talking about my own personal life,not no bs.but let your misses or think its cool or fun to smoke pot(especialy if not for serius reasons)while she pregnant

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
I would have my girl smoke weed rather then have her take ANY pills while pregnant... its a medicine. Natural and used for thousands of years... No side effects and no birth effects.. There are many women that never smoke and have fucked up births for hyperactive to add and way more... If a kid comes out like that and the women smoked weed people are automatically like yup its the weed for sure... but if they come out like that with out smoking it just how he/she was born...

this site is full of alot of hypocrites to the point it makes me not want to have a conversation on here anymore. Brainwashed sheep.

lets say we lived where people didnt spew bullshit out of there mouths 24/7 weed would be legal and you dont have people shovnig misinformation down your throat since you were a kid...

would weed still be bad? YOU FUCKS ARE BRAINWASHED!!!.... you should go get a job with big government....

and there have been real scientific studies... guess who comes out on top???? women the smoke weed while preggo have less infant mortality rate and usually LESS problems during pregnancy..... man facts sucks eh? No problem people just do what everyone does these days search your FEELINGS for the truth and ignore all the facts...

and i like to add hydrosun is totally right.... If there was a CHANCE that MJ was dangerous to pregnant women the governemnt would be shoving that shit down are throats trying to say see where right.... but they cant because MJ IS A MEDICINE and has no HARMFUL EFFECTS

Last edited:

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Hey Deft, I heard about that on the news yesterday, local talk radio. They said she was arrested for "chemical endangerment of a child" and I was thinking where do they come up with this stuff. I'd like to see their evidence come court time.

I and I

I didn't read the entire thread, so excuse me if im repeating any information. Everyone interested in marijuana use during pregnancy should look into Dr. Melanie Dreher from the university of Iowa,( I believe). She did a study w/ pregnant women in Jamaica and has some significant findings, in my opinion. A quick google seach turns up many pages of info and some video on her.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Brainwashed to the point of marijuana having absolutely no side effects? LOL.... Sorry to say but not everyone who tries cannabis enjoys it. I know of a few who tried, and swore never to touch the shit again... It wasn't because they felt nothing, and thought it a stupid idea to piss away $50 for nothing.. They didn't like or enjoy the side effects..

Going to jail the day my child was born for "chemical endangerment of a minor" is a side effect I wanted no fucking part of..

jd4083

Veteran
Brainwashed to the point of marijuana having absolutely no side effects LOL.... Sorry to say but not everyone who tries it enjoys it..

no doubt...ya'd think after years of smoking they would realize that there are some negatives to smoking pot...but I guess that's what brainwashing does to ya...

dankski

I think pregnant women smoking(for fun not serious illnesses) is a very bad look for the comunity,if you dont need to do it why,dont do no drugs weather pills or what ever if not needed and if medical drugs or cannabiss is needed why get pregnant in that time??? come on now,its not rocket science.

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
Brainwashed to the point of marijuana having absolutely no side effects? LOL.... Sorry to say but not everyone who tries cannabis enjoys it. I know of a few who tried, and swore never to touch the shit again... It wasn't because they felt nothing, and thought it a stupid idea to piss away $50 for nothing.. They didn't like or enjoy the side effects..

Going to jail the day my child was born for "chemical endangerment of a minor" is a side effect I wanted no fucking part of..

i would say that them not liking it would be them not liking the EFFECTS of weed.

side effects would be you smoke it and get cancer or something that was not intended by taking it initially.

the side effect for chemical endangerment of a minor is a side effect of the war on drugs and the brainwashing that has been done on us as a society as a whole...

If MMJ was treated for what it is and not what profits it would take from the powers that be then we woundlt be having this conversation becasue the situation would never happen in the first place.

infact this whole conversation is a side effect of government brainwashing on are society .

dankski

i would say that them not liking it would be them not liking the EFFECTS of weed.

side effects would be you smoke it and get cancer or something that was not intended by taking it initially.

the side effect for chemical endangerment of a minor is a side effect of the war on drugs and the brainwashing that has been done on us as a society as a whole...

If MMJ was treated for what it is and not what profits it would take from the powers that be then we woundlt be having this conversation becasue the situation would never happen in the first place.

infact this whole conversation is a side effect of government brainwashing on are society .
Well not for my pal mintz.All i know is that ignorance is bliss to some of you out there.Over and out of this topic my self. Good luck with all your smoking pregnant women:laughing::laughing::laughing:

sculptor

i asked my doc if he can come here to icmag .com .he will join soon .but one doc is just one xp .but maybe he gives some infos from what he learned.dr kara . you are welcome here !

if you have a weed friendly or experienced doc :make him to join ic!

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
Well not for my pal mintz.All i know is that ignorance is bliss to some of you out there.Over and out of this topic my self. Good luck with all your smoking pregnant women:laughing::laughing::laughing:

ill say it once ill say it again my kid is far more advance than any of the kids in my birthing class. we also had way less complications... believe the brainwashing all you want...

wait wait in fact SHOW ME something ANYTHING that is proven for MJ to be bad for pregnant women.... ANYTHING!!!! theres nothing anywhere ANYWHERE that shows MJ has any side effects or to be harmful to the human body.

In fact all the information you got about MJ being bad was from the government or from someone that learned it from the government. All the information you have EVER known about MJ being bad was from someone spreading MISS information and trying to demonize it.

Sheep will be sheep i guess..... btw your sheep herder is leading you off the cliff... but he says its ok and everything will be fine so keep walking till you fall.... or open your eyes and think for yourself and step away from the cliff... up to you i could care less.....

how does this go again... o wait i remember.... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Last edited: