What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let us legalize Cannabis and then go back underground WTF?

shaggyballs

Veteran
So this seems to be a recurring theme today.

Let us legalize Cannabis and then go back underground.

By doing this we in a sense are just handing cannabis over Big AG.
And when they control everything personal growers will need to go back underground to be safe.

This seems kinda silly to me, why vote to legalize just to go underground and become criminals again.

Meanwhile big AG takes hold of every aspect of Cannabis.

I ask why are we doing/allowing this sort of thing to happen?

Why?

Cannavore

Veteran
humans are pretty selfish and greedy by nature, doesn't help when our economy follows those same rules too. only way we can beat billion dollar companies is if we band together like the craft beer industry did to prevent corporate takeovers.

worker owned co-ops could be one potential way forward with our industry. no ceo no boss sitting at the top of the pyramid deciding the fates of all his employees.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/articles/10603/the-many-faces-of-employee-ownership/

shaggyballs

Veteran
This is a good example of what I am hearing about legalization today.
IL. just made the move to legalize Cannabis.
Folks are already going back underground.
Very sad indeed!

What a bunch of bullshit! The fuckers are a bunch of hypocrites! They take off home grow for recreational use cause law enforcement says itl fuel the black market??? But on oth3r hand they decriminalize if a person grows 5 or less to no jail time and up to 200$ fine? That makes sense dont it? And like the first post on here said, there is no way that illinois will have enough supply to meet the demands... Thats why small home growers can fetch top dollar if they need to make ends meet.. Thats why regardless of what them spineless bastards in crook county say, il allways grow my own.. And if i need xtra cash for the family il sell the shit out of it.. Man what id do to b a supplier for dispensary or to b a grower that works for one of the legal facilities.. With over 20yrs of growing experience there woodnt b no mids plants coming from any grow i take part of.. The only good thing from this passing is that my 2 arrests yrs ago are likely to b expunged off my record.. But all they want is the money.. Law enforcement woodnt back the bill if they aloud homegrown 5 or less? But the fuckers dont have a problem accepting 3-5% of funds from all the people who buy that Monsanto filled and speed dried buds.. By them not allowing home grown rec will only make my products wirth more on black market so thx crook county! Just the sadest state to live in without a doubt! I dont want to buy that bs legally! I wanna grow my shit legally! Why dont they regulate home alcohol brewers that make there own wine and beer?? Wtf is the difference? And IF TGE STATE CARED BOUT ITS PEOPLE, THEN WHY DONT THEY BAN CIGERETTES??? HOW MANY KIDS U C WALKN ROUND WITH CIGS IN THEIR MOUTHS AND THATS OK?? JUST A FUCKN SAD ASS STATE RULED AND CONTROLLED BY THE FUCKS IN CHICAGO.. Every tax dollar goes to chicago and rest of state suffers .. Its why i dont even vote anymore.. Its pointless.. So good luck to all but they wont stop me from growing..✌

Amynamous

I’m medical in my state. Even though i thoroughly enjoy growing my own, i still enjoy going to dispensaries. The one I went today is very mom-n-pop. I bought a couple grams of ChunkyCherryMalawi. I’ll take legalization any way i can get it.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I’m medical in my state. Even though i thoroughly enjoy growing my own, i still enjoy going to dispensaries. The one I went today is very mom-n-pop. I bought a couple grams of ChunkyCherryMalawi. I’ll take legalization any way i can get it.

Would you feel the same if you were not allowed to grow and had to go to walmart for your dry tasteless overpriced bud?

Cause that is where this is headed like it or not.
Do you still say?
I’ll take legalization any way i can get it.
If so most of us don't feel the same way.

CaptainDankness

Would you feel the same if you were not allowed to grow and had to go to walmart for your dry tasteless overpriced bud?

Cause that is where this is headed like it or not.
Do you still say?
I’ll take legalization any way i can get it.
If so most of us don't feel the same way.

I'd imagine sentencing for growing your own is better than my state.

Definitely some bullshit if you have legalization and can't grow any though, but down the road I bet they will all let us grow at least a few plants. Might suck a little now but soon enough they're going to have to let us all grow our own.

While your state may suck at least you ain't in Kansas. Lol, it's been over 20 years since CA started medical marijuana, we've come a long way, slowly, but every little bit helps IMO.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see the thread title and guess... shaggyballs. I win most every time. Most people are not great shaggy, one of the reasons we smoke.

EvergreenState

We aren't allowing anything. The ignorant masses decide and they are herd animals. Nothing has really changed and I live in a legal state but it is illegal to grow. The stuff they sell in the stores is not very good anyway so you have to grow your own to get the good stuff. Still have to be very careful and hide it away. Nothing has changed.
The money people decide, they have all the power and they convince the herd. The average person is absolutely powerless. We have to keep doing what we have always done unless you live in a state that lets you grow but that won't last long in the states that currently allow legal home growing. The big corporate monopolies, who will ultimately control the pot market, will not allow home growing in the future. The sick greed of the people running those monopolies won't tolerate anyone not buying from them and they will get laws passed and there will be strict enforcement of those laws. Then the puppet law enforcement officers will go back to cracking heads but this time it will be for corporations and not the state. Oh I forgot. Big corporations and the state are the same thing.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I live in a legal state but it is illegal to grow. The stuff they sell in the stores is not very good anyway so you have to grow your own to get the good stuff.

I only buy $35 ounces from the recreational shops so the state gets the absolute least of my money possible in between personal harvests lol. Majority of the recreational weed is bland taste/effect, short lasting highs like they were harvested too early, and dry to the point it crumbles into dust/shake when breaking into it. The drying, curing and storage methods being utilized are straight shit. Ive got a friend thats constantly buying 40-50$ eighths from top tier producers in our state, nugs usually look better but same medicore smoke.

Jammal

its only a matter of time before prices reach 3rd world levels and Immigrant farmers are making hand rubbed charas in the foot hills for next to nothing.....its just a money grab

CaptainDankness

We aren't allowing anything. The ignorant masses decide and they are herd animals. Nothing has really changed and I live in a legal state but it is illegal to grow. The stuff they sell in the stores is not very good anyway so you have to grow your own to get the good stuff. Still have to be very careful and hide it away. Nothing has changed.
The money people decide, they have all the power and they convince the herd. The average person is absolutely powerless. We have to keep doing what we have always done unless you live in a state that lets you grow but that won't last long in the states that currently allow legal home growing. The big corporate monopolies, who will ultimately control the pot market, will not allow home growing in the future. The sick greed of the people running those monopolies won't tolerate anyone not buying from them and they will get laws passed and there will be strict enforcement of those laws. Then the puppet law enforcement officers will go back to cracking heads but this time it will be for corporations and not the state. Oh I forgot. Big corporations and the state are the same thing.

Yeah, I've heard the quality is pretty much crap in Washington. But damn, I watched a video on a dispensary I swear it was $20 ounces of course the same shop also had weed for $45 an eighth.

The mid to low grade got cheaper for sure but seems like the top shelf buds are about the same price as the black market depending if you live near a good growers circle. Even in my state we are flooded with mid/low grade from the legal states never anything too good mostly machine trimmed and not properly dried and cured. Usually smells kind of like hay, good strain names though. Lol

Definitely not what I expected, I thought people would focus on quality weed, probably don't matter too much with all these people switching to cartridges and they're all watered down hash oil in my area. Sure they taste nice because of the terpines but it ain't 90% THC like claimed, you can buy the packages and cartridges from China and they say they are from California. Lol, I'd guess they're probably averaging 20% THC cause I need more than a couple hits. Not to mention the same people are lightweights when it comes to my flowers and I ain't growing weed at 90% I wish. :biggrin:

CaptainDankness

its only a matter of time before prices reach 3rd world levels and Immigrant farmers are making hand rubbed charas in the foot hills for next to nothing.....its just a money grab

Lol, I thought about charas nobody sells it out West it seems. Figure why not some are growing just for wax you can hand rub then extract the rest butter, BHO whatever. You can even breed out some strains and never worry about trimming.

Of course, you're going to need a permit to grow enough then pray people love your charas. Probably never really be worth it unless we can import though. I think it was 8 grams a day on average per person, that's a lot of money spent on labor in America I just seen Walmart hiring $12-15 an hour. Lol, $12 a gram is about the minimum it's going to cost in labor alone and that's if you hire a bunch of Mexicans.

I couldn't believe it when I seen them trying to hire trimmers for $12, I'm like fuck, I'd rather work at Walmart. LMAO, they even get a discount!! Lol

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
People only want cheap shit. Those that buy the good stuff are rare and will buy a q pound of hash for themselves. Then you don't see them again until they are out. Not a good model to make money.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Damn you sound depressing :( The truth though!

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Recreational gives clueless weedsmokers access to every strain name and marijuana product imaginable, its a huge placebo for them. For someone thats out of the loop, being able to walk into a dispensary and buy prepackaged with labels of whatever Hype strain name California/Instagram are promoting currently is all that matters. Interesting how a name becomes more important than the quality of an item.

shaggyballs

Veteran
It seem there are more and more people going to jail for cannabis in legal states these days.
Here is what 1 member says about this subject.

Guess they aren't playing around. "Legalization" doesn't sound very legal to me if people are still getting rounded up and put in cages.

Seems like we've gone backwards. Stay underground and tell no one. The old rules still apply.

dank.Frank

White Beard

The department of commerce, the department of justice, state, the military are all tools “we” use to service the deep-pocket boys - now, and since the days of the OG robber barons.

What we need is to band together, to push our way into the conversations, speaking with one voice about the cannabis reality WE want.

White Beard

Just flat too expensive to live in the US on a laborer’s wage, even with all the ‘modern conveniences’

Latest posts

Latest posts