What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Handmade Knives

Hello, wasn't sure what subforum custom knives belonged in so went with collectors

I've been making handcrafted knives for over 10years now, full time for 2.

Here's a few pictures of my recent work
Thanks for looking
Have a knife day

White Beard

Great handle materials, and it looks like someone’s been having fun with damascening.

Like the look of the kitchen pair

Real nice.

Great handle materials, and it looks like someone’s been having fun with damascening.

Like the look of the kitchen pair
Thanks, I love love love Damascus steel. Culinary knives are a real challenge, they need to be made quite thin for proper cutting geometry.

Really nice work, are the two green handled kitchen knives serpentine marble?
Thanks, no that material is dyed and stabilized burl wood.

looks good dude :)
Thanks again Dimodz

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Knife to meet you!
I've made a couple of handles for loose blades in my day, but nothing compared to your handiwork. Very smooth and cool stuff there, big up yaself :tiphat:

I am a stock removal maker, I purchase billets of damascus then cut/grind away everything that isnt a knife. I do mynown heat treatment and all other processes. I just don't forge the damascus or forge to shape. Metalurgically there is no benefit to forging over Stock removal.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I am a stock removal maker, I purchase billets of damascus then cut/grind away everything that isnt a knife. I do mynown heat treatment and all other processes. I just don't forge the damascus or forge to shape. Metalurgically there is no benefit to forging over Stock removal.

i've made knives out of industrial hacksaw blades and files for years. really like the looks of Damascus steel. i "think" Smoky Mountain Knife Works carry Damascus blanks...thanks!

Earlmarne

What kind of steel do you work with outside of Damascus?
I own a good bit of knives. Benchmade, spyderco, bark river. No customs as of yet. Been eyeing some of doziers d2 production pieces lately.
I can not get an edge on these stainless steels with my chosera stones that I can with the a1 , d2 , m4 carbon blades. I am always in the market for a nice knife.

What kind of steel do you work with outside of Damascus?
I own a good bit of knives. Benchmade, spyderco, bark river. No customs as of yet. Been eyeing some of doziers d2 production pieces lately.
I can not get an edge on these stainless steels with my chosera stones that I can with the a1 , d2 , m4 carbon blades. I am always in the market for a nice knife.

I primarily use 154cm or 1095 but also use cpms35vn, nitro-v, w2, 1084, and elmax.

Yes I do a full flat grind one most of my knives but I am able to do convex or hollow grinds as well.