What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What about a small gallon or less hydro contest?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
What about doing a small gallon or less hydroponic contest? That might be cool see what everyone can come up.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Here are the results from my last gallon sized DWC grow. I really think this would be a fun contests to see what people could come up with.

And that was just a practiced run. If I practiced more and more I could get better results and a better yield. But the buzz I got from the smoke was pretty decent. I want I harvested the roots were nice and healthy.

Attachments

• 20190314_115310.jpg
    20190314_115310.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 20190323_024727.jpg
    20190323_024727.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 106

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My first ever hydroponic grow back in the early 90's was with the hydroponic 2 liter bottle pvc pipe set up.

I haven't a doubt in my mind that experienced growers could get 5-6 oz. out of a single two liter bottle for a root zone. I used to regularly get 2-3 oz, and I had no idea what I was doing, lol.

I always wanted to see what it would take to make a hydroponic plant get root bound. I may have to design and build a system for this. I'm thinking this needs some cool prizes. I've got seeds I'm willing to donate to the prize pool.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Ive also done 2 liter bottle dwc back in the day. It was lots if fun. Ill be starting a dwc soon again soon. Clone.

S

Sertaiz

so can have a gallon pot on top of a 200 gallon dwc? with no time limit? sounds like a monster!

Alogeno

Post apocalyptic grower
Hello, this is my mini idro setup:

0,5 liter for veg:

24-03-2018 (2B1).JPG 18-03-2018 (2B).JPG 24-03-2018 (2B).JPG

5 liter for bloom:

02-04-2018 (2B).JPG 03-06-2018 (2B1).JPG 03-06-2018 (2B).JPG

Not very easy to use but possible!

Alogeno

Post apocalyptic grower
Wow she looks amazing. How much did you yield?

Thank you! I don't remeber exactly, about 15/20g.
I don't use instruments for ph/ec and ferts was generic, i was happy to have completed the run!
Excuse for horrible english but i'm from Italy...

S

Sertaiz

no problem, we speak worse english in the us, and most of us don't have a second language learned the way you do. aloha!