What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Triple stacked 3K automatic

ganjourno

Hi all, I like to keep to myself and I don't post much, but the latest project is turning out great and I have to share a bit.

Here's the GG #4 ladies in their happy home, just flipped to 12/12:
5eMIYpu.jpg

Sorry I don't have a photo a little to the left showing the light stack. 3 1KW blue halides (ushio opti blues) in stacked cooltubes. Room is AC'd with bottled CO2. 21 plants total - 6 per wall and thee on the door. Whole room is 6x6x8' tall. The trellis racks are removable. vegged without them and I will train them though and spread the branches apart as they stretch.

For nutes I use grow-more hydroponic tomato dry powder (essentially the same as jack's hydroponic) with the standard calcium nitrate. That's is except for a bit of PHdown and some H202. This is a doser fed setup, meaning no reservoir. Everything is in-line with the plumbing, meaning no work for me to do and no res to worry about. Feeds a bubbler at each plant site, drain to waste. Here's the nute setup:
thvnqoD.jpg

And here's a detail shot showing the in-line water filter, plumbing supply line, and booster pump (my water pressure sucks):
gUHDpDh.jpg

Working like clockwork so far. I'm going to keep the updates light but will post some milestone shots throughout flowering. Goal is 4z per plant, so around 5 solid units from the room. It's going to be a fun one :)

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This looks great. My best yield was from a GG4 mono crop
Good luck!

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
looking super nice!

How are the blue containers being suspended?

What do you mean by bubbler drain to waste? Is your feed system just used to keep individual dwc containers topped up (overflowing any extra input)?

Amazing and seemingly pretty simple design. Would be excited to hear more. Definitely tuned for the show.

ganjourno

looking super nice!
How are the blue containers being suspended?

What do you mean by bubbler drain to waste? Is your feed system just used to keep individual dwc containers topped up (overflowing any extra input)?

Blue containers are just screwed onto the wall. The wall is lined with OSB and covered in white PVC sheet, so you can screw into it anywhere that is needed. The conatainers are from an ebb-and-flow expansion kit and have a plumbing fitting at the bottom. This fitting is used to plumb the runoff to a drain line, which tees into each bucket below it, and eventually into a common line at the bottom that is attached to a pump that pushes the runoff into a remote drain.

The sites are irrigated with a simple drip system, with 1 360 degree shrubbler per plant (~8gpm), feed via the doser system pictured in the first post of this thread. The medium is coco/perlite blend about 70:30, in a 7gal grow bag, placed into each 4-gallon blue bucket, the bottom 1.5" of which is lined with course perlite to aid with drainage. The plants are watered with three cycles of 5 minutes each per day, which is about 2 gallons per day per site.

I have run this setup using rockwool and a reservoir before with good results. but it requires a lot of maintenance. The current system is automated to the degree that the only thing I need to worry about is canopy management and plant training. The climate, nutes, feeding, and lighting is completely automatic.

F Day 5:
S9hPYqy.jpg

ganjourno

Room is about 68"x68", from wall to screen is about 15". To work in the room, I just lift out the light stack and hang it on a ceiling hook by the door. There's a decent 3'x3' area to stand up and turn around in when the light are removed, so it's not too much of a chore to get in there and do proper training