What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sunshine #4-The Green Room

hamstring

Veteran
Hello Michiganders

I saw a cut of Bhodi Seeds sunshine#4 was rated one of the best tasting and most potent strains in the High Times Michigan Cannabis Cup 2015. It was entered by " The Green Room"

Anyone grown this cut ,any info much appreciated?:tiphat:

A

acridlab

i have the cut, haven't grown it out though. so i can't help much, yet..

all i do know is:
theres at least 2 ppl in michigan that claim to be ones that won the first cup with it, ha ha.
theres a story floatn around detroit, that says its truly sunshine#3 from bhodi. and that it was renamed cuz of more hoarding bafoonery
… alot of folks in michigan love this strain. and my bro just gifted me the cut,, so I'm gonna give it a shot. i have smoked it, and i can say its pretty dope.. very very citrusy, reminds me of lemon g alot. or lemon tree for that matter..

check out "midnightroots", on ig. he's the man in michigan with the most knowledge of the strain,, he won 2nd place with it in clio. grows it really well.. hope i helped some,,,,,, peace.

hamstring

Veteran
acridlab
you da man I appreciate you taking the time to answer an old guerrilla.

I would love to talk to midnightroots sorry but what does ig stand for?

A

acridlab

no problem, sir.

ig is instagram.. its pretty lame, but there is some cool growers on there with awesome skills..

i dug a little more,, and from what i gather,, a dude around detroit that goes by jayterpz won the first cup,, he has the cup, so I'm going with, he IS the man that won the 1st place, michigan… and not the other 2 crews that claim the win. but it is 2016, so u never effn know, lol

midnight.roots won the second place clio.. he has some really nice images of the sunshine4. on ig and I've smoked lots of his flowers and he's a great grower. one of the best around detroit for sure..

i forgot where i read, somebody was saying that it was really the sunshine 3,, and was gifted out with sunshine4 on the cup, cuz the person wasn't supposed to gift it out… how true that is, i dunno…
but if you look at sunshine3 images,, you will find lots of plants that look identical to midnight.roots cut… all speculation, tho..

I'm smoking on some nice sunshine4 shatter and its nice..

in my fair opinion,,, its no gg4, and its no 91,

but it IS some dank chemmy goodness.

since it can yield, etc. makes it appealing just like the glue4 when it comes to what u can get out of it… peace..

hamstring

Veteran
acridlab

Hey brother I really thank you for the research you did on the sunshine #4.

So you are talking to an very old guerrilla and I dont have an indoor grow so the reason I was interested in sunshine#4 was although it said a 50/50 indica/sativa mix I thought I read it was a 8-9 week finisher.

I'm looking for a headstash strain and I like the indica vs sativa high.
When you mention 91 are you talking P91 or chemdawg 91?

I am from the midwest so I thought Michigan was the place to look for good strains that may finish outdoors. I have tried many many strains all from seeds but have come to the realization that weed is like apples.

You can take your favorite apple and sow the seeds and you will get a bunch of crab apples because all apple trees are grafted from a very unique pheno that was found by growing out hundreds if not thousands of seeds.

I'm looking to shorten the process by finding someone who has already did the work for this old seeder.:biggrin:

A

acridlab

Hey, its nice to talk with a very old guerilla, u guys are usually a wealth of information.. :)
I was referring to the chem 91. above..
And i was told to take the ss4 as close to 68 days as i could without burnn tips.
But i hear u, outdoors is another animal, atogether..
I know gg4 finishes in michigan, so i would think the ss4 would too.. peace

D3pthCharg3

OK Mi folks, many years ago (2012-2013.. I think) a fellow seed popping friend popped his pack of Bodhi's Sunshine 3. I remember thinking it was a silly pick-up, and that better Bodhi strains had just dropped on Attitude, and he should have gotten something else. I remember liking Cali-yo at the time. It was shortly thereafer he came in with a bit of the flowers from the different phenos, we usually do that w each other. Nothing stood out. They were nice but really golden like a chem can get when old or taken long. A couple months later he blew my mind with a sample identified as one of the Sunshine 3s, he said it was ran too long before and made the world of difference when plucked a week of so earlier. All I know is this cut instantly went right up there with Glue in our circle, this is right when GG4 started to appear in MI. Fast forward to around May, I wanted to enter it in the upcoming MI HTCC in August, where I had a vendor booth. The fellow I got the booth from told me to get my ounce ready, that 28g was the amount needed to enter. I got permission from the seed popper to run his seed pop at the cup. We all know how hard it is to find something that special in seed form. Permission was given, he wanted it to be entered by a non-dispensary entity. Someone not pushin' it out. I had it dialed and it was a great living organic run, ready to win the cup and curing from May till the cup in August. Unfortunately, I found out in early August that I needed 40g, which I didn't have. Not cured. You could tell the more recent runs weren't the same, they were greener, not as gold in color. So... nothing I could do, I decided to wait till the following year to show the world this plant. A couple days later we found out about the Sunshine 4 being entered by a local dispensary winning. We all could tell it was the Sunshine 3 we all knew and loved. It was later admitted by one of the privileged few who had been given the cut in the previous years (as I had), that he had used it in a trade with the cup winning dispensary. The name was changed so that the original benefactor of the cut would not find out. The only problem is...when you know a cut you know it, and that Sunshine 4 is Sunshine 3, and he knew it as soon as he saw the early pics of the "4", as did the rest of us. We'd already had several runs of it at that point. Trrrust me everyone, it's 3. I've watched this all go down for years now, and I just want to set the record straight. It also breeds like a trooper, and is now putting out solid ass crosses for all those who work her. I've hit her with pollen from Sour Tangie and Sensi Jack a while back, and recently Top Dawgs 91 Chem IX, Bodhi's ATF and Chimeras RKS/Chem. All crosses are great. This cut is every bit as good as any elite I've run, better as a matter if fact. Get ready for this baby to spread, she cannot be contained any longer, she's too special. I just hope the truth spreads with it.

D3pthCharg3

Hey, its nice to talk with a very old guerilla, u guys are usually a wealth of information.. :)
I was referring to the chem 91. above..
And i was told to take the ss4 as close to 68 days as i could without burnn tips.
But i hear u, outdoors is another animal, atogether..
I know gg4 finishes in michigan, so i would think the ss4 would too.. peace

It runs great in MI, with no mold, when others are being consumed. At least the SS3 does...Finishes no prob in MI OD. 8-10 is when we take her indoors, but I like the earlier end of that.
...and the buzz from the OD is something special...

A

acridlab

Thnks for that info d, i can completely believe that.
one of the ss4 holders in macomb county is a friend, of a friend.. and its been floating around that circle for a few good years now.. anyhow,, their stories never quite added up, when it came to that damn cut, lol.. they would never cough it up, either. some guys just gotta hoard, i get it. but yeah,, few years later,, i GOT it now, "thanks to one of they're weak links", lol jus kiddn.. and I've been spreading it out all over the fug ever since,, bwaahhaaaa bwaaa
PEACE

Queef

That's some nice trichome coverage. Does the green room have cuts of it? The smell was described as lemon. Is that the taste aswell? I need a lemon to go with my sour dubb lime.

D3pthCharg3

Ive run this cut every-which-way-but-loose for years. It always tastes great, organic or chem. Organic is tastier in my opinion, more complex. I say that the citrus if I had to peg it down is lime. It has a special yeasty, pissy taste too, kinda like baby piss, real yeasty and dank. Sour Lime Chem Piss x 100, that about wraps it up. As as you can see from my boy greenmorpho's pic, its a damn resin bomb too. It also breed like a champ. I just sent in some crosses to TDT to be used as freebies: SS3 x '91 Chem IX- "Johnny Sunshine" and (Sunshine 3 x Sensi Jack) x Out of Africa-"African Sunshine". Positively organoleptic.

My last run w/ seeds:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=62677&highlight=sunshine&page=847

Last edited:
A

acridlab

^^^do you guys have any veg shots, only ones i can find are on leafy, n they r pretty blurry

D3pthCharg3

ill get a few up when I see er next

Here ya go, sorry about the def to the leaves, its from a mom that got a bit outta hand.

Last edited:
A

acridlab

^^thnx, depth.

heres some shots of the cut that i have, was gifted as sunshine 4, does it look right to u?
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
its in week 2 flower now. so ill see soon enough.

thnx again for the info,, and its nice to see the original sunshine crew is IC fam. great job on growing that one out and spreading it to out the D,, much respect,,, and PEACE

ill throw some flower pics up in a few days

D3pthCharg3

^^thnx, depth.

heres some shots of the cut that i have, was gifted as sunshine 4, does it look right to u?View Image View Image View Image View Image its in week 2 flower now. so ill see soon enough.

thnx again for the info,, and its nice to see the original sunshine crew is IC fam. great job on growing that one out and spreading it to out the D,, much respect,,, and PEACE

ill throw some flower pics up in a few days

we can all give daddylonglegs a big thanks, his generosity and love of dank allowed us all to grow it. looks legit brotherman, cant wait to see your bounty. looks very healthy so far.

A

acridlab

good news,, and thnk u to, daddylonglegs. ill keep thrown pics up as it progresses. would make a new thread on the sunshine, but this ones doing great.
stay sane

A

acridlab

quick, update on that sunshine i posted,, pretty sure its a stunt double now.. its in week 7 and its not looking right.. oh well, might be a sign to mono crop gg4,, peace

Latest posts

Latest posts