What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2/5! DJ Short's F-13 Report

wordtree

gonna put up this report as part of my continuing series of chronicling the herbal variety sample of the day...
Today we have the much acclaimed F-13 up for review. I must say I was excited to get a chance to sample this strain. Initially, a friend of mine told me he was not very impressed with this plant and its flowers....low yield and the qualities of the smoke were not up to his par.

It doesn't smell much like anything to be honest. There is a slightly creamy aroma, hard to describe...hints of berries, not quite blueberries and not very pronounced.
Looks like a standard indica-sativa, not very out of the ordinary, really. Decent resin producer, could do with more coverage, and slightly leafy bud growth. Surprisingly dense, with small-ish calyxes that broke apart very easily. The resin is not very sticky, more of an oily feel. The berry scent is more pronounced on breakup.

The smoke is very smooth and full! Not a lungbusting hit, easy to hold in large rips...on inhale, the flavor is more complex, with a meek hash influence, with the body being composed of a cedar note that wasn't present in the scent. Pretty cool, easy to smoke a lot of...could be WAY better, however.

The high is very quick in its onset, with a buzzing sense overcoming your periphery. There is a decent amount of stoning involved in smoking this, but most of the high is up in your head surely. A strange effect is gained from this one, it is not a smoke that mixes well with any of the other strains except Campolina, ...it induces a hazy clarity :joint: Not racy but fast, gets the heartrate up, easy to stay active. Duration has a 30 minute peak or so, with an easy letdown about an hour after the peak. I don't find myself reaching for more of this after a session of it, rather mix it up.

Grown from seed, I think it will take a bit more hunting to find a potent F-13, this pheno, while having its unique effect could use more potency (more trichs!) and most of all more pronounced flavor and smell. Good herb nonetheless! Gonna toke another one... :wave: lookout for the rest of my series of reports!

Last edited:

wordtree

Also, seems some of the buds got pollinated in the process of flowering, ended up with 3 beans.
The father is a sturdy Amnesia Kush...maybe that will give 'er a nice boost!

Mr.M

XXI
ICMag Donor
Nice read. I really like Dj's work personally and love the F13 pheno I have chosen thus far in my F13 project for it's motivational, but not paranoia inducing speedy effect. This is great conversational/jam session herb.
Peace, Mr.M

R

Ronley

wordtree said:
Also, seems some of the buds got pollinated in the process of flowering, ended up with 3 beans.
The father is a sturdy Amnesia Kush...maybe that will give 'er a nice boost!

Now thay will have an awesome boost.
I am quite pleased about this X.

Wonderful report Wordtree, You really have a flair for writing that is most impressive.

wordtree

thanks man...
You should put up pics if you have some of this one.

I smoked some bowls with some friends tonight, they loved this herb. One said 'it smells skunky in a way'. We all got blazed off it. After several hits the effects come on much stronger, you have to pack it up a bit to reach a nice toast haha

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
may I ask how many f13 plants were grown to select this pheno? were there other phenos, or was this the only f13 grown?

cheers, Ez

RoastedO

wordtree said:
gonna put up this report as part of my continuing series of chronicling the herbal variety grown by Ronley...
Today we have the much acclaimed F-13 up for review. I must say I was excited to get a chance to sample this strain. Initially, Ronley told me he was not very impressed with this plant and its flowers....low yield and the qualities of the smoke were not up to his par.

It doesn't smell much like anything to be honest. There is a slightly creamy aroma, hard to describe...hints of berries, not quite blueberries and not very pronounced.
Looks like a standard indica-sativa, not very out of the ordinary, really. Decent resin producer, could do with more coverage, and slightly leafy bud growth. Surprisingly dense, with small-ish calyxes that broke apart very easily. The resin is not very sticky, more of an oily feel. The berry scent is more pronounced on breakup.

The smoke is very smooth and full! Not a lungbusting hit, easy to hold in large rips...on inhale, the flavor is more complex, with a meek hash influence, with the body being composed of a cedar note that wasn't present in the scent. Pretty cool, easy to smoke a lot of...could be WAY better, however.

The high is very quick in its onset, with a buzzing sense overcoming your periphery. There is a decent amount of stoning involved in smoking this, but most of the high is up in your head surely. A strange effect is gained from this one, it is not a smoke that mixes well with any of the other strains except Campolina, ...it induces a hazy clarity :joint: Not racy but fast, gets the heartrate up, easy to stay active. Duration has a 30 minute peak or so, with an easy letdown about an hour after the peak. I don't find myself reaching for more of this after a session of it, rather mix it up.

Grown from seed, I think it will take a bit more hunting to find a killer F-13, this pheno, while having its unique effect could use more potency (more trichs!) and most of all more pronounced flavor and smell. Good herb nonetheless! Gonna toke another one... :wave: lookout for the rest of my series of reports!
Really good report. Heres some F-13 I did awhile back. The flavor profile seems impacted greatly by the medium and nutes. These were done DWC which does F-13 no justice. They look as good but miss that deep dank funk that comes out with organics and dirt.

:canabis: when done in dirt shes one of my favorites. I find myself exhaling out my nose and just licking my chops after every pull.. Not the most wow ever its just so tasty to me tho. :wave:

All the best,
RO

Mr.M

XXI
ICMag Donor
Nice RoastedO!
Wordtree- I would also like to know how many plants were grown out to select this pheno.

Peace, M

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice, honest report, wordtree. Thx for telling it like it is.

I too, would like to know if the whole pack was run, ronley. If so, that's a shame you didn't find a keeper. They do say to run 2 packs, but that's pretty pricey. I'll be gambling w/ one pack.

Look forward to more reports, wordtree, nice job! :D:yes:

tashi

Eloquence, as usual, wordtree. I look forward to smoking F-13 and vaporizing some F-13 BHO.

Nice colas, dankiestog :rasta:

DJ Jellyfish

Nice pics dankie! I'm not familiar with the F13 strain, is it an indica or sativa? It looks like an indica...Is it fruity or spicy? from your pics it looks purplish, just wondering if it tastes like berry.

R

Ronley

- ezra - said:
may I ask how many f13 plants were grown to select this pheno? were there other phenos, or was this the only f13 grown?

cheers, Ez

3 F13 seeds were sown, 2 were female. And both were almost identical. Vegged for 25 days. on 24/0.
They both stretched about 20 cm's higer then the other plants in the garden. Yield from the 2 plants was a dissapointing 30 grams.

Nothing here was actually selected. Its what grew from a pack of F13 seeds.

aeric

Veteran
Yeah needless to say not enough phenos....out of my 7 fems 3 were mediocre in flavor and high, 2 stood out as among the best of the best, from several experienced testers. Each pheno was a distinct individual. I wouldn't mess with the mediocre ones expecting something better in the cross. My only complaint for the keepers is that they are hard to trim and low yielding, a minor point though, it's not meant to be mass produced, blueberry is better for that. The lowest yeilding was about 1.25 oz. under 1k., highest 2.5, but not a keeper.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
RoastedO - beautiful pics, and a great illustration of the budleaf resin glands, strangely similar to Deep Chunk in the extent of coverage.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
aeric said:
Yeah needless to say not enough phenos....out of my 7 fems 3 were mediocre in flavor and high, 2 stood out as among the best of the best, from several experienced testers. Each pheno was a distinct individual.

I have exactly the same experience from the Blueberry. A high variation of phenos (to be expected, concidering the lineage of both the Flo and Blueberry), not one plant really resembles the other, maybe one or two phenos per pack that makes it worth it, while the other phenos will lack vigour/yield and be overly nutrient sensitive.

If you grow just a few beans from a DJS strain you risk getting disappointed, while a wider selection offer you a fair chance of getting a superior plant.

G

Nice report. I've got 3 F-13 going right now along with a GN Foxtail Sativa and 3 MOD Kali Most. I gotta tell ya, I don't think I've ever seen plants as beautiful as these F-13s. Structurally, their absolutely top notch. Medium sized plants and are sturdy. They remind me of a candelabra the way the side growth tips all grow up to a certain height and then seem to wait for the others to catch up to them, lol. I've definitely got at least two phenos. Two of the plants are a little shorter than the third and aren't as heavily covered with buds. The third plant is several inches taller and the buds are fatter than the other two. All three are covering up in trichs and this is the 12 day after the first hairs showed up in the buds. The one that's taller had a couple of fan leaves that kept twisting on it and its leaf stems and the veins in the leaves are purple. The other two have green stems and one of those plants is a darker green at the same nute level.

Can't wait till they're done so I can try them. The Foxtail Sativa is almost identical to the F-13 but is frosting up more. I swear, they look like the same strain except for that. Size, shape, texture.... foxtail and f-13 are the same beautiful, candelabra type stucture plants.

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts