What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dodgy legal standing?

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I stand firmly (with chin sticking out) under the ancient protections of our Magna Carta and believe a man has an inalienable right to grow whatever he bloody well likes!

However, what are my chances of a successful defence from prosecution by claiming those antediluvian rights under the Magna Carta? Any advocates out there? (with a sense of humour).
:laughing:

Lord Denning described it as; ‘The greatest constitutional document of all times – the foundation of the freedom of the individual against the arbitrary authority of the despot.’

At the closing of the 16th century, there was an upsurge in interest in the Magna Carta. This work concluded that there was a set of ancient English customs and laws, temporarily overthrown by the Norman invasion of 1066, which had then been recovered in 1215 and recorded in Magna Carta, which in turn gave authority to important 16th century legal principles.

Magna Carta still forms an important symbol of liberty today, often cited by politicians and campaigners and is held in great respect by the British and American legal communities but would it have any sway in a modern court? Lol, be nice to try (or maybe not).

Happy growing people!
Regards,
Iffy :tiphat:

Gry

In a 'modern' court, I would expect not. The corporate deckstackers have so rigged and stacked the system.
I think that it could happen, with backing and persistence.
A decent judge, a prosecutor with a semblance of integrity and a jury that is actually made up of one's peers...

X

xavier7995

Well...you could give it a go, and it could definitely be weaved into a good closing argument, but it isnt law and i strongly doubt it would be admissible as a reason for dismissal. It would be like breaking out the bible as evidence.

Easy7

Veteran
Lol, a decent judge, prosecutor and defense. What planet and when does the space ship leave?

Authority thinks they are just right under God. In fact higher because God cannot be proven but they use God as justification for their delusional inspirations. There is no higher authority known than man. So that's a huge problem and it allows men to do whatever crazy thing they want, while they feel fully justified and believe there is only one truth and all else is invalid.

Going up against the man is a very unpleasent experience. No matter what they've done to you, it will never matter anymore than a car running over a deer. There will be no justice because they always give themselves all the breaks and they feel their sole existence is to cause misery to anyone that violates any law they create.

Your only real help would be public opinion. Even then, the public is massively divided on every issue and argues over every tiny thing and many are bloated on flat out lies. It's crazy what people believe. The propaganda they seriously think is just entertainment.

There is no morality but if you want my advice. Son't let people know, don't get caught and don't try to be somebody.

troutman

Seed Whore
When they ask you to swear on the Bible. Ask them if God forgives all.

When they say yes. Say "thank you for forgiving me and are we done here?" :biggrin:

Easy7

Veteran
Distance here is a great friend. That's the bitch about catching a case but not having distance can cause more cases.

It's a scam, a true kangaroo court. It's a bunch of people that don't know shit about you, the case or half of what they pretend to know.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
James 5:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.

july 11 2018
A woman has legally brought medicinal cannabis oil into the UK in the first-known successful attempt since the government paved the way for reforms.

Medicinal cannabis oil brought into UK legally for first time as mother of epileptic boy hails 'momentous occasion'
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...pilepsy-alfie-dingley-amsterdam-a8441411.html

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You'd be better off trying to get a jury nullification.

Not guilty on the grounds that the law itself is unjust.

Gry

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You have already rated this post. [/FONT]

Easy7

Veteran
Justice is only for the rich, so is healthcare.

Most people go just as broke going to court, as much as the E.R.

T

Teddybrae

Surprised that no Sovereign Citizens have jumped in here and denied the Magna Carta is legitimate and Lawful.

Apparently their credo is derived from an earlier, superseded version of the Magna Carta.

it wouldn't be much use either ... sadly ...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Very little of the magna carta still remains. Since we are still in the E.U. though, claim its a basic human right of self determinism and say you are determined to get stoned.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hear Here!.....give that man a flaggon of good stout or mead, half a wheel of Wenslydale and a full jigger of Captain Morgan Rum!

...and so we should have the undisputed and unalienable right to grow WHAT THE FUCK we want to!!. If I can get away with this bloody 'orrible athletes food fungus, betwixt me tootsie's and not end up in the public Goal, then whats the bleed'in difference me old chin waggler?

I stand firmly (with chin sticking out) under the ancient protections of our Magna Carta and believe a man has an inalienable right to grow whatever he bloody well likes!

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=41513&pictureid=1873292&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

However, what are my chances of a successful defence from prosecution by claiming those antediluvian rights under the Magna Carta? Any advocates out there? (with a sense of humour).
:laughing:

Lord Denning described it as; ‘The greatest constitutional document of all times – the foundation of the freedom of the individual against the arbitrary authority of the despot.’

At the closing of the 16th century, there was an upsurge in interest in the Magna Carta. This work concluded that there was a set of ancient English customs and laws, temporarily overthrown by the Norman invasion of 1066, which had then been recovered in 1215 and recorded in Magna Carta, which in turn gave authority to important 16th century legal principles.

Magna Carta still forms an important symbol of liberty today, often cited by politicians and campaigners and is held in great respect by the British and American legal communities but would it have any sway in a modern court? Lol, be nice to try (or maybe not).

Happy growing people!
Regards,
Iffy :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts