What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buddy just kicked me down his 2002-2004 era seed vault - What should I pop first?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A good friend of mine who's been growing forever just found out he won't be able to have his own garden for a couple years so he kicked me down his 2002-2004 era seed collection in the hopes I could get some of them popped before they went bad.

Lots of really exciting stuff to choose from - What should I dig into first? Does anyone have experience any of these varieties from this era?

I'm an amateur breeder so I plan on keeping any exceptional males I find.

Sensi Seeds - Jack Herer
Barney's Farm - Vanilla Kush
Cannabiogen - Destroyer
DJ Short - True Blueberry
BOG - Bogglegum
BOG - Blue Moon Rocks
TGA - Blue Jack (Blue Stick x JTR)
THSeeds - Heavy Duty Fruity

Thanks!

I’d start everything that has Blueberry & have a seed fest to start then go for the Destroyer & Jack Herer beans.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
I’d have already popped the sensi Jack Herer... would be interesting to keep a clone and dust it with a destroyer male.

Have you made any decisions yet ? :tiphat:

clearheaded

destroye, bogglegum, blue moon rocks.

"blue stone destroyer"

vanilla kush is finicky and nothing amazeballs. havent grown all of them but def all worth growing, BOG during that time had alot of hype surrounding his var tasty and all very strong meds.

mack 10

Veteran
Gotta rock that Jack !
2000 was when Jack ruled Amsterdam.
Look for the sativa pheno will massive calx's and
The leaves will have an almost leathery look.

Will have insane vigour in flower.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
curious to see the germ rate on 15 yr old seeds. and ya either jack or destroyer

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Love it!!! I'd be SUPER excited lol.... Id be so happy with the Jack... Destroyer is probably better but... Id still be tickled....
If i was thinking Pollen... Id have the Jack Herrer, Destroyer, and True Blueberry going... In that order of priority! Like they said... Destroyer x Jack would be insane....

beta

Veteran
Alright, starting this party off with Jack Herer and Destroyer. I just started a test germination of some older seeds I have to make sure my technique is down so I should start these germinating within the next few days.

beta

Veteran
Quick update on this project - I got 100% germination (8/8) on the Jack Herer. :D

I wasn't expecting that many to make it so I'm going to wait until I sift through these to pop the Destroyer.

insomniac_AU

Wasnt impressed with vanilla kush personally. Id leave that one for later. Rest are probably killer.
Neither was I. I still have some seeds from that era and I was so disappointed last time I don't ever plan on wasting my time again. Vanilla is a pretty accurate name for it. Plain, no flavour and no special effects. That would be the last seeds I would try out of those. Good luck with it. :)

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Quick update on this project - I got 100% germination (8/8) on the Jack Herer. :D

I wasn't expecting that many to make it so I'm going to wait until I sift through these to pop the Destroyer.

Nice ! Hope you find that special girl....
and a nice destroyer male to marry her off to.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Lol my bad didn't read all pages just first post but he'll yeah if you do a thread on them herers I'm in for the show