What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenleaf Megacrop

Goats

Used up my old MC and at the tail end ordered and used the new MC. Now on another run using only the new formula. Old formula i had to add cal-mag, which to me wasn't really a big deal. Plants loved it. Now running the new formula it's a yoyo effect of nutrient deficiency and replenishment. TBH, it's become really annoying to watch the girls recover and then get pissed off again the following week. Mixing the new formula is really inconsistent. I mixed two separate gallon with one full scoop. First gallon came out to a PPM of 350 (plus my 95 ppm tap water, 2ed gallon with one full scoop came out to 1100 PPM. I really can't work with this kind of inconsistency anymore. Sad, i loved the first formula and had great results, even if it had to spend a little extra on cal-mag. Wish Greenleaf would bring it back.

i wonder if you got a bad bag? i am on my second run using the new formula and it's been great. i am in pure coco so i add 1g/gallon epsom and any plants complaining about mag stop right away. other than that i haven't had any issues with it.

how are you growing?

I love the idea of these all in ones, but I have a couple concerns as well. I'm ok with being locked into a ratio, but if I have to adjust MC for nitrogen week 4...then am I not also chasing recommended application rates of the phytohormones, chelates, and silicates you're supplying as well? Sativas would probably do well..but..

There are plenty of micros/trace/silicates in the main formula. Users can customize the NPK ratios by using MEGA CROP as the main nutrient the whole way through ... then if you need to boost N/Cal/Mag (adding Cal mag), and if you need to boost P/K (adding PK Booster).

So it can be a simple 1 part, but for users who like to customize/specialize, you can do so with the addition of 1 or 2 extra products.

Also we are going to update our PK booster with higher P next month as well.

It's a good entry level all in one - but with a double take on the price sales will suffer.. There's others that are $60 on average for more weight. Mendocino hydro - even has the acids added for chelating. And General Hydroponics has released a industrial as well for around the same price. Seems like a awful lot of money for a product that has more calcium nitrate then anything else.

Too many to list when it comes to the Mendocino l mentioned and General Hydroponics and even Cutting Edge are getting into the battle with their own new versions. These can't be compared with Jacks or anything like such. High grade mineral and fair prices..But I am not here to persuade others or to interfere with sales - so that leads to following the leads..
I am definitely interested to hear your information.

GH Has MaxiBloom/Gro, 16lbs for about $85 is the cost, so our 22lb is a bit cheaper. I am not sure about other brands? The only less expensive brand we have seen is just doing Masterblend/Jacks, however you are still missing out on a few benefits.

Also, we do plan on lowering the price in 1-2 months, sales have been really good, so we can mass produce bigger batches and get the price down as well.

9CrF4N3U6x6nmeEavT6RRhGBq5GscxkiRpivDFAmmaIsuyF3KV+mhtuUqdq+2EcVfXaluk2hUNDw8PRqjaCVW6J2maQkqJMAyNEB6Px3AcB1dXV5BS4nA4NJ5b4j0JboZhGIZhGIZhmN+BH86M7ZLpybQvAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Used up my old MC and at the tail end ordered and used the new MC. Now on another run using only the new formula. Old formula i had to add cal-mag, which to me wasn't really a big deal. Plants loved it. Now running the new formula it's a yoyo effect of nutrient deficiency and replenishment. TBH, it's become really annoying to watch the girls recover and then get pissed off again the following week. Mixing the new formula is really inconsistent. I mixed two separate gallon with one full scoop. First gallon came out to a PPM of 350 (plus my 95 ppm tap water, 2ed gallon with one full scoop came out to 1100 PPM. I really can't work with this kind of inconsistency anymore. Sad, i loved the first formula and had great results, even if it had to spend a little extra on cal-mag. Wish Greenleaf would bring it back.
Even if there may be slight variation between scoops, having a variation of 350/1100 seems really hard to understand. I think there may be inconsistent meter readings involved here, definitely not trying to be rude or not believe you but it seems really odd.

For small growers (mixing less than a few gallons at a time), you can mix bulk batches, like 100grams in 1000 Liters, then do 10ml = 1 gram dosage, seems like a good way to get consistent doses.

So if I went to 4gr/gal could I use pot sulfate at 1gram/gal with that to boost the potassium the plants are getting in the final weeks?
Yes, or alternatively MPK (Potassium Phosphate). We are also boosting the P/MPK levels in the next Mega Crop update, in late July 2019 (about 1 month)

So even with the new formula it still seems like it’s gonna provide too much N in late flower. Have you all just been using it at full dose until harvest, or flush if you do a flush? Have you been lowering the dosage the last couple weeks to lower the amount of N the plants are getting?
I’m contemplating doing a drop in dose the last 2 weeks but I’m afraid that by lowering the dose to get less N that I’m also not giving my plant the other nutes it could be using and would help get the best possible product.
My other thought is just a topping the MC 2 weeks before chop and using just MKP and potassium sulfate for the first week and doing a plain ph’d tap water flush the last week.

What do you guys think of these ideas and what is everyone else been doing?
Yes, you can definitely use MEGA CROP as a base for the entire run, then add in MPK/Pot Sulfate during flowering as needed for 0 Nitrogen boost.

We are also reformulating our PK booster product and lowering the price upcoming, so that it is a more effective ratio than MPK for Cannabis, and also contains magnesium and some other trace ingredients that Cannabis specifically likes during flowering (with 0 Nitrogen)

MC is the ticket. Dont ever stop making this, or else i'm screwed. Saves me so much time and headaches and money. Hell yeah.
Thank you sir! We hope that we can continue making this in the future! We are also updating/improving constantly, so in July next month we will have an updated formula out with higher P, Cal, Mag ... also including new additional forms for Cal/Mag to max absorption in all environments.

Well first off, General Hydroponics has a commercial dry product beyond the Maxi lineup .

https://monstergardens.com/general-hydroponics-florapro-grow-soluble-25-lb-bag.html

Cutting Edge as well is joining the competition..

https://www.cuttingedgesolutions.com/nutrients/1-part-powdered-nutrients/

Mendocino (Grow more) Hydro

https://www.hawthornegc.com/shop/product/grow-more-mendocino-hydro-5-11-26

So there's three all in one quality dry salt based fertilizers that are around $50 for 25lbs.

I have been utilizing the Hydro offered from Mendocino as well as the GH Pro line and cutting edge is next.

I'm really surprised that I have more inside know with the competition then whomever is answering questions while promoting MegaCrop. And I might as well add that the new formula is not good with humidity above 25% as it draws excessive moisture and the organic pellets melt into a sticky mess.. Normally the calcium nitrate tends to draw excessive moisture. With Mega Crop the salt stays dry, but again the pellets turn into goo..

Well first off, General Hydroponics has a commercial dry product beyond the Maxi lineup .

https://monstergardens.com/general-hydroponics-florapro-grow-soluble-25-lb-bag.html

Cutting Edge as well is joining the competition..

https://www.cuttingedgesolutions.com/nutrients/1-part-powdered-nutrients/

Mendocino (Grow more) Hydro

https://www.hawthornegc.com/shop/product/grow-more-mendocino-hydro-5-11-26

So there's three all in one quality dry salt based fertilizers that are around $50 for 25lbs.

I have been utilizing the Hydro offered from Mendocino as well as the GH Pro line and cutting edge is next.

I'm really surprised that I have more inside know with the competition then whomever is answering questions while promoting MegaCrop. And I might as well add that the new formula is not good with humidity above 25% as it draws excessive moisture and the organic pellets melt into a sticky mess.. Normally the calcium nitrate tends to draw excessive moisture. With Mega Crop the salt stays dry, but again the pellets turn into goo..

HI PeacePipe

Thanks for the reply! You did share some pretty new information. Regarding pricing, our pallet prices are pretty low, around $40 per bag, and it should be dropping a bit in the future also. I know for individual growers, you won't be able to take advantage of that, and we will lower somewhat in the future as well for smaller sizes.

Regarding FloraGro pro. Its not suitable for hydroponics because of the high Ammonium content. So that means they are usually Ammonium type Nitrogen ingredients which are less expensive.
attachment.php

Even if you were to bite the bullet, and accept the compromise/side effects of higher Ammonium (actually will work well in soil), it appears their product line is not a single part, since it has no micro/trace. So its a multi-part 3-part grow system similar to their liquid 3-part, except bulk powder. So you have to buy 3x25lbs bags to actually run the formula, which isn't that great for smaller growers, but will work OK for larger commercial growers.

Mega Crop also has ingredients like Silica and Amino Acids, and special chemistry technology that allows it to be a 1 part nutrient even in fertilizer injector/concentrate setups. Other companies don't have our technology (yet), so they have to separate the products.

The product does look very interesting, and price seems fair! We definitely will be keeping an eye on this and planning to be more competitive with this. We always want to be very aware of all the competing products, and give the growers a reason to select us.

Regarding the CES powder, I can't find any pricing information to see how fairly priced it is. I don't think its actually released yet to the market, coming soon I bet.

attachment.php

As far as premium, again they are using very high levels of Ammonium Nitrogen(less expensive ingredients/cutting corners), no chelations/micros, and very low levels of Cal/Mag. Doesn't seem that great overall.

As far as the Grow More Mendocino, 5-11-26, this is a really standard hydroponic formula (same as Jacks/MasterBlend/etc). You would also need Calcium Nitrate and possible Epsom using this one I imagine. Actually I can't find any label on the product, so I can't really comment besides that.

If you want to take a photo and upload the label I can give some opinion on it.

Yes, when MegaCrop is exposed to heat/moisture it can clump and and even turn into "goo." We are working on some type of solution, for smaller sizes we have airtight resealable bags that are very high quality. For the bigger bag, we are improving the quality and testing a new sealing system of the bags coming up, so hopefully this helps improve.

The nutrients are always usable, since they will be water soluble, but once they get "gunky" it becomes messy and a pain to work with. Also, I can recommend to simply get a 5 Gallon bucket, and lid (gamma seal or normal), and put the Mega Crop bag in there. So around $4 you can a pretty complete sealing situation for the big Mega Crop bag. Keep away from temperatures and it should stay powder for a very long time.

Thanks for all your feedback! You seem like you are very educated, this really helps us improve our products for the future and planning, etc... I'll give you some special super secret insider information in exchange, as far as I know we are the only people to know about this anywhere on the web :dance013:

Advanced Nutrients are entering the powder nutrient game soon! They seem to be using the same convoluted approach to having tons of products, but we know which way the wind is blowing. Liquid nutrient game is dying, and they have no choice but to follow suit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    34.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 36

JimMuscles

HI PeacePipe

Thanks for the reply! You did share some pretty new information. Regarding pricing, our pallet prices are pretty low, around $40 per bag, and it should be dropping a bit in the future also. I know for individual growers, you won't be able to take advantage of that, and we will lower somewhat in the future as well for smaller sizes.

Regarding FloraGro pro. Its not suitable for hydroponics because of the high Ammonium content. So that means they are usually Ammonium type Nitrogen ingredients which are less expensive.
View Image

Even if you were to bite the bullet, and accept the compromise/side effects of higher Ammonium (actually will work well in soil), it appears their product line is not a single part, since it has no micro/trace. So its a multi-part 3-part grow system similar to their liquid 3-part, except bulk powder. So you have to buy 3x25lbs bags to actually run the formula, which isn't that great for smaller growers, but will work OK for larger commercial growers.

Mega Crop also has ingredients like Silica and Amino Acids, and special chemistry technology that allows it to be a 1 part nutrient even in fertilizer injector/concentrate setups. Other companies don't have our technology (yet), so they have to separate the products.

The product does look very interesting, and price seems fair! We definitely will be keeping an eye on this and planning to be more competitive with this. We always want to be very aware of all the competing products, and give the growers a reason to select us.

Regarding the CES powder, I can't find any pricing information to see how fairly priced it is. I don't think its actually released yet to the market, coming soon I bet.

View Image

As far as premium, again they are using very high levels of Ammonium Nitrogen(less expensive ingredients/cutting corners), no chelations/micros, and very low levels of Cal/Mag. Doesn't seem that great overall.

As far as the Grow More Mendocino, 5-11-26, this is a really standard hydroponic formula (same as Jacks/MasterBlend/etc). You would also need Calcium Nitrate and possible Epsom using this one I imagine. Actually I can't find any label on the product, so I can't really comment besides that.

If you want to take a photo and upload the label I can give some opinion on it.

Yes, when MegaCrop is exposed to heat/moisture it can clump and and even turn into "goo." We are working on some type of solution, for smaller sizes we have airtight resealable bags that are very high quality. For the bigger bag, we are improving the quality and testing a new sealing system of the bags coming up, so hopefully this helps improve.

The nutrients are always usable, since they will be water soluble, but once they get "gunky" it becomes messy and a pain to work with. Also, I can recommend to simply get a 5 Gallon bucket, and lid (gamma seal or normal), and put the Mega Crop bag in there. So around $4 you can a pretty complete sealing situation for the big Mega Crop bag. Keep away from temperatures and it should stay powder for a very long time.

Thanks for all your feedback! You seem like you are very educated, this really helps us improve our products for the future and planning, etc... I'll give you some special super secret insider information in exchange, as far as I know we are the only people to know about this anywhere on the web :dance013:

Advanced Nutrients are entering the powder nutrient game soon! They seem to be using the same convoluted approach to having tons of products, but we know which way the wind is blowing. Liquid nutrient game is dying, and they have no choice but to follow suit.

View Image

That was a damn good post. MC reigns supreme! I have the resealable bag and it works perfect.

Legalcdn

Any word on new shipments to canada..peak growing season.. Low on quantity in cdn.. I have enjoyed the megacrop very much..my plants have never looked better... My MC is kept in dry and mildly cold basement..product is perfect..i do supplement with bud booster..in flowering..

Thanks for your kind response @MegaCrop. I didn't hit reply to keep the thread from having another duplication. And I apologize for the late response on my part.

Having been involved with sales of Hydroponics' in the retail sector I have a few inside connections. Never had luck speaking with the Advanced guys, but most of the ones I met in person were distributors (Delivery ) that didn't speak English to well. Even though I was pressed to sell their products to the willing and naive, I have zero interest in anything connected with them even if they offered a true one part dry formula.

I have zero loyalties to any fertilizer brand and generally would rather just purchase raw salt and other additional resources for a few different approaches to several blends or formulas going back to even the basic like that one Cogo took from Holland. I do prefer dry mixes though in general and agree that the industry standard of bottles will be much less predominate as the competitors push new dry one part formulas.

On note of that "Goo" - I am well aware of why and how, but I can't spill the beans and let your pelletized propeterial formula be revealed here, or elsewhere. My only problems with this is that it has to be very carefully used in my house as if any of the pellets get dropped on say the rug , carpet or anything like that is stainable it becomes a really bad nasty mess- but I have been diligent and learned the hard way. I keep my MC sealed in several different containers to keep it nice and dry and stable. No complaints about this, just general notes in regards to my comment about this "Goo" and the mess as well as the nature of MC to draw moisture extremely fast from the air.

Pricing, well I don't think I need a pallet lol, but luckily I have several different mixes that I utilize in different stages of development and growth and ill continue using MC in transitions and as needed for the higher Nitrogen content, but I can't use it past weeks three -four due to my own personal preferences in the flowering stages, so that leads me to ask if their might ever be a lower N formula with a compromise with P&K in the works? I will say that if I was to compare your product to the others in comparison like say Veg + Bloom I'd choose your product first..

Thanks again for your time and kindnesses!

Edit- Here in Michigan we can get 50lbs of Maxi-Bloom for around $200 a bucket with delivery from the biggest Michigan wholesale and retail outlet.

Last edited:

JimMuscles

Im using MC at 2.2 EC in coco once a day plus .6 EC in base water plus cal mag. Whats the highest you guys have seen in EC? Im actually going through the bag at a decent clip like this. Plants look great.

OneHitDone

Not bagging on the Megacrop product as I'm sure it works well in larger scale outdoor soil grows but at 4gr per gallon in NFT it just didn't cut the mustard

Also for those who mix small volumes (gal etc) I think it is important to note the consistency of the dry product.

Attachments

• IMG_4457-MEGACROpPale.jpg
    IMG_4457-MEGACROpPale.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4456.jpg
    IMG_4456.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Legalcdn

@greenleafnutes

The canadian supplier has been soldout of 300gr..750gr..2500gr megacrop for 1 month..any chance you will ever restock or should i be looking at alternative dry nutes mentioned here? Must be nice to have your customers telling you to restock.. Eventually they will stop bugging you and go somewhere else..

topcolas

dude megacrop is the best, i made a mistake and sent my orders to my brothers old apartment. the current tennant fucking threw away like 150lb worth of nutrients. i went thru trash for an hour and was able recover everything accept one box of 22lb MC and 2500g of calmag. Greenleaf nutrient sent me replacement calmag and credit for MC for next order. im never going back...

Legalcdn

dude megacrop is the best, i made a mistake and sent my orders to my brothers old apartment. the current tennant fucking threw away like 150lb worth of nutrients. i went thru trash for an hour and was able recover everything accept one box of 22lb MC and 2500g of calmag. Greenleaf nutrient sent me replacement calmag and credit for MC for next order. im never going back...

I don't question MC. I am using it and i love it. If you live in canada and would like to buy it online..the 300gr..750gr..and 2500gr have been sold out 1 month. Hence..i will need to buy more..GLeaf are looking at changing npk in sweet candy.. I did ask GLeaf 1 month ago on previous page with no reply from them about restocking..

Sorry to here about the nute loss..some tenants are idiots..

Just started using MC. I'm going to go with their recommended feeding schedule but had a question when addinfmg their sweet candy and pk boost. Do I lower the ec of MC when adding the other 2?

Has anyone ran these nutes before and can provide some insight on it?

Thanks!

Goats

throwing someone else's mail away is a crime... and honestly, even if it wasn't, why would you throw it out instead of getting it to the rightful owner.

i am glad it worked out for you. greenleaf guy is a good dude and has my business for the foreseeable future as well.

Just started using MC. I'm going to go with their recommended feeding schedule but had a question when addinfmg their sweet candy and pk boost. Do I lower the ec of MC when adding the other 2?

Has anyone ran these nutes before and can provide some insight on it?

Thanks!

let me rephrase this question..

When using bud explosion, do I follow their feeding chart at specified EC and slowly add bud explosion on top of that til its dialed in? or Lower the EC of MC and use the suggested dosage of bed explosion them top off with MC till I hit desired EC.

Thanks in advance!

topcolas

When you add bud explosion, I cut out little bit of Megacrop. If u add 6 gram per gallon cut it down to 5 grams per gallon. And add 1 gram of bud explosion to see how much ppm rises. I try to stay around 1000 to 1100ppm though out late veg to entire flower. I start with 300 ppm tap and add 700 ppm worth of MC during veg without bud explosion. When I add bud explosion I drop my MC ppm to 600 and add 100 ppm of bud explosion. If you add other stuff like cal mag or sweet candy make sure u don't add more than 100 ppm.

Last week of flower I cut out MC to 300 ppm and double bud explosion to 2 grams per gallon along with cal mag from botanicare and protek silica at 5ml per gallon for few days before flush my lower buds get as big and dense as top colas. I don't believe in flushing for over long periods of time. Normally 3 days of tap water only bring down my run off to close to tap level

topcolas

When you add bud explosion, I cut out little bit of Megacrop. If u add 6 gram per gallon cut it down to 5 grams per gallon. And add 1 gram of bud explosion to see how much ppm rises. I try to stay around 1000 to 1100ppm though out late veg to entire flower. I start with 300 ppm tap and add 700 ppm worth of MC during veg without bud explosion. When I add bud explosion I drop my MC ppm to 600 and add 100 ppm of bud explosion. If you add other stuff like cal mag or sweet candy make sure u don't add more than 100 ppm.

Last week of flower I cut out MC to 300 ppm and double bud explosion to 2 grams per gallon along with cal mag from botanicare and protek silica at 5ml per gallon for few days before flush my lower buds get as big and dense as top colas. I don't believe in flushing for over long periods of time. Normally 3 days of tap water only bring down my run off to close to tap level

This is for rockwool dtw drip set up. I have no idea how this would react in soil or Coco... Each medium is diff but I would def not use bud explosion if I am in soil due to high p level.

p0opstlnksal0t

I had to switch back to Jacks I just could never get the same Bud size and density as I do with Jack's. Also I can never keep the reservoir clean it's always full of Gunk I'm guessing from the kelp

Latest posts

Latest posts