What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Industrial Hemp in Oregon

Beautiful cannagraphics, do the CBG trichs start clear and then turn silver when ripe like the THC trichs do turning amber or are the CBG ones translucent/opaque the whole time?

Silver from day one! You can't see through them at any point. Visually and texturally, it's as if the trichome head is carrying a cloudy diamond.

R

Robrites

New Rules Affecting Entry of Hemp Products into OLCC Regulatory System

New Rules Affecting Entry of Hemp Products into OLCC Regulatory System

Hemp Products in the OLCC System

Approval Process Coming January 5th

The Oregon Liquor Control Commission recently adopted rules for the regulation of hemp and hemp products that enter the OLCC licensed recreational marijuana system. The rules took effect December 28, 2017.

On or before Friday, January 5, 2018 the OLCC will publish the administrative process and forms for existing OLCC marijuana licensed processors, and Oregon Department of Agriculture approved hemp growers and handlers, to follow to obtain approval to bring hemp into the OLCC system.​
The framework for the OLCC’s hemp rules were developed after the passage of Oregon Senate Bill 1015. The OLCC held meetings in August and October 2017 with members of the hemp industry to discuss, review and adjust proposed rules.

The OLCC held a public hearing on the proposed rules on November 15, 2017, and a public comment period extended after the hearing to closure on November 29, 2017..​
OLCC marijuana licensees and other interested parties will be notified when the administrative process and forms are posted to the OLCC recreational marijuana website.​

I do think CBG will become the smoke of choice for those in the 35+ crowd who still likes to smoke. It's a really nice effect--it creates a perceptible head change, but no psychoactivity. A combo of CBD and CBG is nice as well.

Thanks for the post Robrites. We're excited to legally share our work with other Oregon companies now--but hell, this is Oregon...we'll see how it goes!

bozoo

What do you think of this analysis?
By chance, we found that hemp contains only cbg... this hemp is a French variety...

Attachments

• CBG.jpg
    CBG.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 24
As always...been awhile. Thanks for sticking around or stumbling upon to those finding this in the future. We've been doing a lot of experimentation with CBG lately, helping to put everything we do into perspective, that's for sure.

Hemp is blowing up in the US. CBD demand is off the charts; the more is produced, the more is demanded. We are doing all we can to expand our type III feminized hemp seed production capacity while maintaining the quality we demand and QC others know us for.

We'll switch these facilities over to type IV seed production later this year for 2019 commercial distribution. Hemp farmers internationally will be rejoicing--we're consistently getting 100:1+ ratios for CBG to THC. That means 30% CBGa flowers can be distributed and/or grown worldwide.

PDX Dopesmoker

socioecologist, I saw some info about a week ago that I can't seem to track back down, but it was from someone in the hemp business so I thought maybe you might recognize it. What I'm looking for is a reference for resin production per acre as a function of planting density.
What I saw was saying that growing an acre of "trees" with larger spacing netted substantially less than an acre planted at 12" intervals. I'm not sure if you're familiar with what I'm mentioning, but since its promoting denser planting you should become familiar if you're not already (lol sorry to make you out as greedy i'm just looking out for your best interests).

I've also been meaning to ask you what you grow at home for your THC bud stash. You mentioned earlier or in another thread that you like to smoke the high THC stuff and as professional as you are with your high cannabinoid/low THC cannabis I can only assume that your private stash is pretty spectacular. I've smoked smoke crazy good weed with big time drug dealers before, but not anybody big enough to grow acres and acres like you do.

That hangar you're growing is impressive as hell, is that warehouse set up for extra seed production for 2018 outdoor? I was looking at your catalog and it seems like some of the fem hemp seeds you sell are maybe bred indoors and not available until springtime.

WishDoctor

so, who needs cbd honey sticks made, I'm a beekeeper (500+beehives) with a honey stick machine and I can pump these out in mass.

right now I'm the largest cbd honey stick producer here in Oregom, the dude in Ssalem is burning the honey en masse and can only make one at a time.

cbd honey sticks are the big sellers here in South Oregon sell more than any other cbd product.

If you want your product I can make them, and I don't burn the honey.
also I can supply the honey or use your honey.

Just don't heat teh honey over 90F and mix the cbd, it won't work that way.

you need a *** to do it right.

also looking to provide seed pollination, even though hemp is wind driven, honeybees love hemp pollen as a protein source, and seed set is even higher, honeybees love to use resin for making propolis.

R

Robrites

Oregon - Getting famous wordwide

Oregon - Getting famous wordwide

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...plus-problem-legal-black-market-a8192611.html

Oregon is producing three times more marijuana than it can consume

'Make no mistake about it, we are going to do something about it,' US attorney says

....However, former Oregon State University professor Seth Crawford told the summit the state had created the overproduction problem by not capping the number of recreational cannabis producers.
"If you were an investor and you had just dropped $4m into a [marijuana] grow and you had thousands of pounds of flower that was ready to go but you had nowhere to sell it, the only thing you can do is sell it on the black market.
"It was a system designed for failure. You created this huge industry that has nowhere to put its product."
He estimated Oregon growers produce up to three times the amount of marijuana that the state can absorb legally each year.

socioecologist, I saw some info about a week ago that I can't seem to track back down, but it was from someone in the hemp business so I thought maybe you might recognize it. What I'm looking for is a reference for resin production per acre as a function of planting density.
What I saw was saying that growing an acre of "trees" with larger spacing netted substantially less than an acre planted at 12" intervals. I'm not sure if you're familiar with what I'm mentioning, but since its promoting denser planting you should become familiar if you're not already (lol sorry to make you out as greedy i'm just looking out for your best interests).

Was it the new Ernie Small article advocating for day-neutral plants for cannabinoid / seed production? It's titled: "Dwarf germplasm: the key to giant hempseed and cannabinoid crops" and is one of best I've read. If the goal is to maximize cannabinoid production per acre, day-neutral is the way to go. We are experimenting this year to find out if that holds true for useable trimmed flower as well; there are structural differences in the flowers between autos and our photoperiod lines that may result in less trimmable material even with greater overall cannabinoid production. The short version is that it all comes down to the success of your breeding program (selecting for resin and structure) and your ability to plant day-neutral seeds directly in the ground with good results. More to come on this front soon.

I've also been meaning to ask you what you grow at home for your THC bud stash. You mentioned earlier or in another thread that you like to smoke the high THC stuff and as professional as you are with your high cannabinoid/low THC cannabis I can only assume that your private stash is pretty spectacular. I've smoked smoke crazy good weed with big time drug dealers before, but not anybody big enough to grow acres and acres like you do.

We are gifted a lot of small bags from much more skilled growers than myself; most of our clients are THC growers as well. It invariably ends up "squished," as I almost exclusively smoke resins / concentrates. The rare flower I smoke is usually for "science" and comes from my garage; since we can't legally grow THC rich plants at work, we do our outcrossing at home under the home grow + medical provisions. The most recent batch was to improve our CBG stock and included a couple GG12 hybrids, a couple "The White" hybrids, Sour Diesel, and my Blueberry Haze (DJ Short's blueberry mom x Neville's Haze). They were all lightly pollinated by a pure CBG plant. If all goes as planned, grandchildren from these crosses will be grown out for trimmed flower in greenhouses by Fall 2018. My favorite is always what we are working on next! Here's a shot of the current favorite, (The White x Stem Cell CBG (sister)). THC dominant, tastes like gasoline + red hots candy, very very greasy, though, as you may notice, quite susceptible to PM.

picture.php

That hangar you're growing is impressive as hell, is that warehouse set up for extra seed production for 2018 outdoor? I was looking at your catalog and it seems like some of the fem hemp seeds you sell are maybe bred indoors and not available until springtime.

Yes sir, cranking out seed as fast as we can to meet demand. We have 500 KW of lights spread out over three farm sites and are producing in several types of environments (large warehouses, greenhouses, and retrofitted shipping containers used as climate controlled growth chambers). If all goes right, we have the capacity to produce 50m feminized seeds per year. We are ramping up our production to enable widespread adoption of pure CBG farming throughout the world in 2019.

picture.php

Last edited:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...plus-problem-legal-black-market-a8192611.html

Oregon is producing three times more marijuana than it can consume

'Make no mistake about it, we are going to do something about it,' US attorney says

....However, former Oregon State University professor Seth Crawford told the summit the state had created the overproduction problem by not capping the number of recreational cannabis producers.
"If you were an investor and you had just dropped $4m into a [marijuana] grow and you had thousands of pounds of flower that was ready to go but you had nowhere to sell it, the only thing you can do is sell it on the black market.
"It was a system designed for failure. You created this huge industry that has nowhere to put its product."
He estimated Oregon growers produce up to three times the amount of marijuana that the state can absorb legally each year.

Thanks Robrites. That UK article basically chopped apart an AP story, changed some words around, and then released it with a startling headline. While I was interviewed by the AP, I wasn't even at the "summit" (too much work going on!).

gorilla ganja

Hey socioecologist. I love this thread thanks again for sharing with us. I was wondering what is the highest CBG concentrations that you are aware of in normal THC rich varieties. And which strains are higher concentrations of CBG found in.
From my limited research I have found South American cultivars are high in CBG, but I have only seen 2-3 % CBG.

Peace GG

Hey socioecologist. I love this thread thanks again for sharing with us. I was wondering what is the highest CBG concentrations that you are aware of in normal THC rich varieties. And which strains are higher concentrations of CBG found in.
From my limited research I have found South American cultivars are high in CBG, but I have only seen 2-3 % CBG.

Peace GG

1-2%. Has an anti-anxiety, clear effect in combination with THC, very reminiscent of DJ's Flo and Blueberry. It would be sought after if people knew of this consistent effect...we're working to get the word out. There is nothing geographic about CBG's origins. It is likely more ancient evolutionarily than genetically modern humans, so notions of regional origin can't be applied.

PDX Dopesmoker

Was it the new Ernie Small article advocating for day-neutral plants for cannabinoid / seed production? It's titled: "Dwarf germplasm: the key to giant hempseed and cannabinoid crops" and is one of best I've read. If the goal is to maximize cannabinoid production per acre, day-neutral is the way to go. We are experimenting this year to find out if that holds true for useable trimmed flower as well; there are structural differences in the flowers between autos and our photoperiod lines that may result in less trimmable material even with greater overall cannabinoid production. The short version is that it all comes down to the success of your breeding program (selecting for resin and structure) and your ability to plant day-neutral seeds directly in the ground with good results. More to come on this front soon.

We are gifted a lot of small bags from much more skilled growers than myself; most of our clients are THC growers as well. It invariably ends up "squished," as I almost exclusively smoke resins / concentrates. The rare flower I smoke is usually for "science" and comes from my garage; since we can't legally grow THC rich plants at work, we do our outcrossing at home under the home grow + medical provisions. The most recent batch was to improve our CBG stock and included a couple GG12 hybrids, a couple "The White" hybrids, Sour Diesel, and my Blueberry Haze (DJ Short's blueberry mom x Neville's Haze). They were all lightly pollinated by a pure CBG plant. If all goes as planned, grandchildren from these crosses will be grown out for trimmed flower in greenhouses by Fall 2018. My favorite is always what we are working on next! Here's a shot of the current favorite, (The White x Stem Cell CBG (sister)). THC dominant, tastes like gasoline + red hots candy, very very greasy, though, as you may notice, quite susceptible to PM.

Yes sir, cranking out seed as fast as we can to meet demand. We have 500 KW of lights spread out over three farm sites and are producing in several types of environments (large warehouses, greenhouses, and retrofitted shipping containers used as climate controlled growth chambers). If all goes right, we have the capacity to produce 50m feminized seeds per year. We are ramping up our production to enable widespread adoption of pure CBG farming throughout the world in 2019.

I'm still looking for the original reference I lost, thanks for tipping me off on an alternative avenue to similar information and also for reassuring me that you're not sitting on some crazy mad scientist drug strains at home that you aren't sharing. Clearly breeding the good stuff and then sitting on it isn't your style, the 50 million seeds kinda attest to that. Have you heard from any colleagues how 100 seeds per watt/year stacks up against industry standards? Its an interesting number to have for sure.

R

Robrites

Oregon hemp program expansion proposed

The bill would classify hemp seed as an agricultural seed, and direct the agency to set standards for the seed, and create standard identification documents for hemp products.

Author: Associated Press
Published: 9:23 PM PST February 21, 2018

SALEM, Ore. — A proposal to ease the cultivation of hemp, a less-potent cousin of marijuana, is moving forward in the Oregon Legislature.
The bill would expand a hemp research program run by the Oregon Department of Agriculture. The bill would classify hemp seed as an agricultural seed, and direct the agency to set standards for the seed, and create standard identification documents for hemp products. A House committee approved the bill on a 9-0 vote Thursday.

Latest posts

Latest posts