What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

17 hour high. :(

#1cheesebuds,
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those plants look absolutely like they are suffering from overfeeding. Maybe not super high nitrogen levels, but something definitely isn't right there.
On to the 17 hour high thing. I am more inclined to believe you than most on here as I have a similar story of a very long buzz.
I started smoking herb on weekends when I was 13(Im 36 now..so lots of growing and smoming experience ). It was always good indoor as I didn't see my first seed until I was 17 years old. One Saturday evening at 16 years old (I was a seasoned pothead by this time) about 11 pm a buddy came over with a friend and smoked a joint between the 3 of us. I had to get up at 8 am to go to church with my parents and all through Sunday school and halfway through church, I was high..no body stone at all...just as high as I had just smoked. Buzz wore off about 11 am. It truly lasted about 12 hours. Nothing I ha e had since has lasted longer than a couple hours. I have been chasing that high ever since.
There are many good growers on icmag. Some may come off as a dick when they respond, but please don't be closed-minded and discount their opinion as they are right and have seen many problems that occur with plants. I believe you might see better results next time with a good flush at the end as well as lowering you EC or PPMs though out the next run of those plants.

consuela

First off why does everyone have to be such DICKS about it.
let me get some things straight right now! first of all I did not over fed this one at all. 2ed is the led used is a cob LED light, had to use it cuz the growroom gets hot in the summer so this was less hot than an HPS light any day. 3ed is that she grew from a seed that came from some very nice light green bricked buds, you could even still see some trich on it, and it gave a very nice relaxing buzz. so I planted one of the seeds and it grew very nice n green, then flowered it and it grew some nice flowers with only one lil hiccup during the flowering time.

And about the 17 hour high. that is 1000% true. I think it was a few too many hits from the volcano vaporizer all with in 15 minutes or so. when she was harvested there was some amber trich but the rest were cloudy.
also maybe I cant handle something that acts like a full sativa. Im hipper enough as it is even when not on anything. I usually smoke indicas or hybrids anyway.
also I was raised to never lie and now as an adult I don't lie.

plus I been smoken for around 15 and never felt high for that long. I think ill cure it for like 3-5+ months before token any more. also I only been using the vaporizer for a few months now. on the plus side I don't cough anymore when using the vapo.

hope this clears up the situation.

I'm sorry, but imho you are wrong about LED. LED bulbs have some advantages over HPS, but in my experience budding/trichome/%THC is lower when you subject plants to CFL/LED grow instead of HPS. I had to switch to CFL/LED due to budget and it has seriously undermined budding potential and high quality.

Regarding the 17h high, my first experience with morrocan hash was similar (~10-12h couchlock effect). No fun, past the eight hours mark you wonder if that's gonna be your new you

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personally I wouldn't want to be high for 17 hrs., but that's just me- I'm old. Preferred the higher than a kite for a few hours (when younger) then come down. And certainly no more than a few hrs. of couch lock. Yep, I'm old.

Liked the high/stone for arduous activities, xc skiing, heavy duty back packing to divert from pain.

Have used LED's for several years, several generations of technology. Jury is still out on LED vs. outdoors as far as potency.

Say what you will....it's your perspective.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
You are overfeeding your plants, once again.

You have overfed very plant I have ever seen you grow on here.

Truly not trying to be "that guy" or the "dickhead" but I would not even smoke that stuff.

You have way too much N and way too much nutes in that plant. Lay off a bit and see if it improves overall. I can't imagine it would get worse. TOO MANY nutes for that tiny plant. Look at the burning on every single leaf, it says TOO MUCH nutes. You're making it suffer and in turn your yields and quality of herb are suffering.

Mind me axin who the f is u?

Scrappy-doo

I don't see any nute burn on that plant. Look at the full plant shot if it were burned there would be necrosis somewhere. All those fan leaves have a nice fade with no damage. If anything I'd say it was the light or a deficiency to cause the flowers to look like that.

BruceBanner

If that's so, you have a jack pot of a plant, the Nr.1 in long lasting high, if the high is good you can breed it with elite plants or heirloom sativas and so make longest lasting best strains :D

Cannavore

Veteran
bullshit.jpg

S

sourpuss

True test is a consistent 17 hr high. Dunno how many times I've been flying around half baked and the next joint or session does not make me fly ha-ha...

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Cheesebuds if you were actually high for 17 hours you are schizophrenic or manic depressive almost certainly, some type of mental illness. I'd stop smoking herb if it lasted 17 hours wtf... Well that's just me assuming it was a sativa 17 hours, I'd be up for 17 hours of behind the eyes kushed out bakedness... No but for real see a doctor.

Cheesebuds if you were actually high for 17 hours you are schizophrenic or manic depressive almost certainly, some type of mental illness. I'd stop smoking herb if it lasted 17 hours wtf... Well that's just me assuming it was a sativa 17 hours, I'd be up for 17 hours of behind the eyes kushed out bakedness... No but for real see a doctor.

exactly what I was going to say.. something is up.. the longest smoking has lasted for me was like 4-5 hours.. and that was wen I was super light weight.. now edibles don't even last 4-5 hours lol

RedBeardy5

Shit, I ate 500mg of edibles and I was high for about 12 hours lol. I slept walk and sleep eat at the same time and got into the edibles. Personally I love being high that long lmao. But I was smoking before I went to bed so who knows how much the was in my system.

amanda88

What were you doing beforehand, what was your tolerance? ..whats your weight and height, ...you could make cash advertising this light ....lol