What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush S1s: Info and grow-along

goingrey

I think it was wind - rock breaking the taproot after they were planted outside. As a gardener, i would say one of the noticeable effects of climate change is that you get windy conditions in summer much more than we used to...
VG
Stakes up! Pun intended, telling dad jokes without having kids. :D

island_organics

Bubba in early bloom.
755861DF-2290-45CF-8DEE-601D2F2A1217.jpeg
592908B9-7B39-4DAB-B1DA-D4FA5CDCD037.jpeg
8F5C3BA4-BE93-4E51-B0A5-0DB87ACA4D69.jpeg

Tynehead Tom

hmmmm while not totally outdoors..... here is the two headed beast..... self topped at birth and a total mutant for weeks....... Look at her now !! I managed to get clones rooted too ;)
Pre98 Bubba Kush S1 @52N , 3000ft elevation , Western Canada in a 15gallon tote and today is day 51 of 12/12 light dep
2023-09-10 P98 Bubba Kush S1 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

2023-09-10 P98 Bubba Kush S1 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

2023-09-10 P98 Bubba Kush S1 pic 3 - Copy.JPG

2023-09-10 P98 Bubba Kush S1 pic 4 - Copy.JPG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lovely @Tynehead Tom - i reckon something may have had a nibble on your bubba seedling just at a crucial moment and it flipped out for a while...
it looks like it is ripening nicely with those fall colours coming in
VG

Tynehead Tom

lovely @Tynehead Tom - i reckon something may have had a nibble on your bubba seedling just at a crucial moment and it flipped out for a while...
it looks like it is ripening nicely with those fall colours coming in
VG
ya it's the one I posted pics of a couple months or so back. It sprouted and just had water leaves and no center growth for a few weeks and then it slowly came around. When it did she grew the two tops and then proceeded to slowly but surely develop into a real nice plant.
01-23-2023 mutant G13 and Pre 98 bubba s1 - Copy.jpg

02-26-2023 Pre 98 Bubba Kush S1 - Copy.JPG

2023-05-30 VG Pre98 Bubba Kush S1 - Copy.JPG

2023-08-08 Pre 98 Bubba Kush S1 - Copy.JPG

She has not been fussy to grow either and had handled everything my climate and methods have thrown at her without even dropping a leaf. She is starting her fall colors as it's getting down to near frosting outside in the mornings. +2C at 6am this morning.
I figure she still has 2 to 3 weeks to go yet and I'll update again between now and then.
I hit her with a super stinky and very frosty male Long Valley Royal kush and I also hit her with OGKB 2.0 S1 pollen made with STS. Gonna be some interesting seeds to look thru this winter ;)

elanius

Veteran
Hey @VerdantGreen,

hope you are doing well man, thanks again for bringing us this beautiful variety.
Few words about the final stages and the smoke. This is an amazing line indeed.
She was ready at about 8 weeks, with resin getting some amber.
Clear mocha coffee smell with dark berry liquor background, on the fresh flowers, absolutely loved it.
The smoke however was the best part. Therapeutic, warm body with head high, melt your mind and let it rip kind of effect. Good potency, long lasting, no couchlock just completely enjoyable experience. As the buds dried, the aroma was unreal, I couldnt get enough of it. The only downside for me, was that after several days of drying, the berry liquor coffee kush got very subtle, and was not reeking anymore. You had to squeeze the bud to get it out, apart of that, you can smell earthy, musky kush. After few months curing, the main aroma described above is getting even harder to detect. Would love to find pheno with similar profile, with less volatile terps. But anyways, this is how I remember the Pre 98 cut as well, so it just might be how it expresses itself and in the end, its all good :tiphat:
DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey @elanius thanks for posting the results, looks spot-on bubba and sounds like it too with your description. Really glad you like it! - 'dark berry' hint is a good way to describe that aspect of the bubba funk, and the coffee/mocha is true to type and what most people expect from the bubba. Let me know if you get some incense on any of the others, it does come through sometimes and the smells evolve during the cure... although i think bubba is best to smoke in the first couple of months in the jar.
VG :tiphat:

elanius

Veteran
Hey @elanius thanks for posting the results, looks spot-on bubba and sounds like it too with your description. Really glad you like it! - 'dark berry' hint is a good way to describe that aspect of the bubba funk, and the coffee/mocha is true to type and what most people expect from the bubba. Let me know if you get some incense on any of the others, it does come through sometimes and the smells evolve during the cure... although i think bubba is best to smoke in the first couple of months in the jar.
VG :tiphat:
Hi @VerdantGreen, my pleasure man. I must say, I fell in love with the bubba line after this one. I got the incense and black coffee smell from the Dinafem S1, also run 3 seeds from CSI s1 and there is no more mocha coffee aromas in any of them. But they are all very nice in their own way, actually one of the CSI s1 got me excited lately, coz it smells similar to sprite and its behaving like OG kush with crazy stretch and beautifully structured buds. Im still keeping the clone from your S1 though, in case this authentic mocha coffee aroma is not that easy to find after all.

elanius

Veteran
She is also fast flowering, ready in 8 weeks so great for outdoors here in the heart of Europe.
As I walk by, the heavy kushy coffee smells are creeping around these two bubba plants (dinafem s1 is next to her) doesnt even smell like cannabis over there. :ninja:
IMG-6464.jpg
IMG-6465.jpg