What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenleaf Nutrients...

NeWcS

Are you having issues with Gen hydro or greenleaf? You dropped two company names there...

ole-possum

I was looking for an alternative to GH Flora. Tried Logic Grow and was disappointed. Went back to GH Flora, tried to adjust pH and remembered why I was looking for an alternative to GH in the first place.

NeWcS

Lol. Thats a shame. I had good results with it. And still have some that I plan to use again one day. With that said, Do dry nutes keep longer than liquid? Longer 'shelf life'.

Lowman

I recently switched from flora reg to flora hardwater micro....best move I ever made. This stuff rocks with my water( 0.6EC). That Logic shit from greenleaf was just that.....shit.

NeWcS

Wow, I am surprised to hear that. I guess I've been lucky thus far. I hope I don't eat those words come my next grow.

ole-possum

My tap water is averaging around 30 mg/l calcium. Having spent too much time in grow forums I got the bright idea to use half tap water and half RO water. I tried hardwater Flora micro with that. It didn't work out well. You really need a lot of calcium in your water for hardwater Flora to be needed. Using RO water unless you have really bad tap water is a waste of time, energy and money.

Lowman

One mistake a lot of folks with hard water make....is thinking the calcium and mag in their hard water will be used by the plant. This is a myth. The calcium and mag in your tap water is too large of a molecule which doesn't allow the root system to use it unless you keep using humics and fulvics, which over time will break down the larger molecules to be usable by the plant. I have 0.6EC tap water. I add 2.5ml/G of magical to my feed. I do not calculate the 0.6Ec of my tap into my final EC before feeding.

My tap water is averaging around 30 mg/l calcium. Having spent too much time in grow forums I got the bright idea to use half tap water and half RO water. I tried hardwater Flora micro with that. It didn't work out well. You really need a lot of calcium in your water for hardwater Flora to be needed. Using RO water unless you have really bad tap water is a waste of time, energy and money.

hi all, we have been working on a bit of new marketing for Greenleaf Nutrients using product comparisons with other popular companies in a chart format. I highly respect the posters here so I wanted to run this new comparison by everyone first for honest feedback and opinion and criticism. thank for any feedback!

EDIT: This is for the Aficionado base nutrient product, which is in ballpark of AN Connoisseur but more expensive that some of our other products. We have similar base nutrient (Logic series) without Amino Acid complex that is less expensive more in ballpark with JR Peters Jack's Professional that still contains silica and most of the other benefits.

AficionadoComparison.png

NeWcS

That looks really good (except for the shipping). I guess the logic line on this chart would look the same no? Been thinking about switching back over to logic.

That looks really good (except for the shipping). I guess the logic line on this chart would look the same no? Been thinking about switching back over to logic.

correct. The Logic Grow and Logic Bloom are missing the L amino-acids complex, however they include everything else on that chart (including the soluble Silica). The Logic is also less expensive, the 60L size (which is considered bulk) of Logic is $102.41 + $15 ship = $117.41 and it is approximately 33 lbs, so that comes out to approximately $3.55 per lb which is just slightly above JR Peters estimate of $3.36 per lb shipped, however there are a few benefits we think that would justify the slight higher cost.

Also, as we get a higher volume of customers we will be able to lower the price more to hopefully be less expensive than JR eventually to really make the decision a lot easier for people.

kinnyg1234

Ok, first post, EVER!

Long timer lurker, been with AN for ever.

Tried Greenleaf. Awesome. Epspecially the b-alive and the high heavens (nirvana).

I know a first post is suspect but these guys offer Great products for way less than the similar brands they are based from.

dan_99503

So has anyone tried them since then? are they shit?

In my experience . "They ARE" the "STIT" I just don't promote because I don't want my local competitors to find out.. Seriously good product.

Color me impressed. I am going commercial with this.

Okay so this thread originated in like 2012?

Are there any growers out there currently using GLN? I went from Remo bottled liquid nutrients to Greenleaf Nutrients powder 1 part nutrient and my plants actually exploded with healthy green growth.

The first 5 pages of this thread have some pretty bad attitudes and reviews towards GLN. But I've never had an issue and I actually think mixing one powdered nutrient is faster and easier than 4 bottles for veg 4 bottles for bloom.

Did they change their formula or something? Is their current product light years ahead of what got all the bad reviews or is it the same product?

The only downside to GLN that I've noticed was slimy build up in the reservoir. Not sure what starts growing in there but there's no rancid smell and the plants don't seem to mind. I just clean my res once a month.

Okay so this thread originated in like 2012?

Are there any growers out there currently using GLN? I went from Remo bottled liquid nutrients to Greenleaf Nutrients powder 1 part nutrient and my plants actually exploded with healthy green growth.

Same for me with their newer one part. Great results compared to the NFTG hippie juice I was testing out. Better looking than jacks 321 in promix as well. I haven't harvested yet but I'm anticipating being a happy guy in a few weeks. And another thing- so what if these guys learned their chops cloning AN? AN rips it off horribly and Mike deserves to be taken down a peg or two.

Latest posts

Latest posts