What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

<Blue Apollo> The long run.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Blue Apollo from Joey W.

Stable cross. Two main Phenos. One looks like standard buddage and the other looks like tightly woven foxtails, see apollo genius phenotype.

I just tried the foxtail type for the last 4 days and have something to say about 'er

Flavor: 7 Good but not as sweet as Id like or had expected as both parents are known for their sweetness. But still good flavor.

High: 6-7 Good high clear and functional. No burn out so far after a 2wk cure.

Duration: I dont know, stayed smoking for hours at a time while recovering from vasectomy
What I dont like is that it has a low celing. I dont smoke that often, so when I say this Im even more let down. I had to smoke pretty frequently to stay high and never got any higher, just a one level high, pretty flat.

Over All: 6.5 Im thinking maybe she should have gone a bit longer but was all cloudy and the odd amber here and there at 65days. So maybe 70+ day are in order.

Yeild: low
this cut was tossed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Standard Buddage Pheno, not sure what to call it sorry

STANDARD SMOKE REPORT V1.0
=================================================
IDENTIFICATION
Date: 10/30/2009
Strain: Blue Apollo
Judge: Woman
Breeder: Joey Weed
Grower: Who?
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION
1. Visual Appeal: Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent. 8/9

2. Visible Trichomes: Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered. 8

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for a more precise report.

Clear [ ] Cloudy [X] Amber [ ] Dark [ ]

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.

Brown [ ] Green [1-4 ] Gold [5] Blue [ ] Grey [ ] White [1] Red [ ] Rust [ ] Orange [ ] Purple [ ] Black [ ]

5. Bud density: [7] Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia[ ] Earthy [3] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [ ] Mango [1] Pepper [1] Blueberry [] Fruit [7] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [2] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [2] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [1] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ] Citrus[4] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [] Orange [4 ] Vanilla [ ]

7. Aroma [10] Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.

8. Seed content [0] Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

9. Weeks cured [none, will re-report later] If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured. If desired repeat SSR after an additional two weeks of curing.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS:

==================================================
THE SMOKE TEST
Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc) [ ]
Vaporizer (enter the brand name) [vapor genie ]
Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass) [ ]
Joint (enter brand of papers) [ ]
Other (specify):

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [3 ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [ ]
Mango [ ] Pepper [ ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [4 ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [1] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [3 ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [3 ] Vanilla [ ]

If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark
with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.

3. Taste [9] Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

4. State of dryness [6] Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

5. Smoke ability [10] Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

6. Smoke expansion [1] Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.

SMOKE TEST COMMENTS:

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.

1. Dosage [4] Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.
hit 1(large) 10:03, hit 2 (medium) 10:04, hit 3 (medium) 10:05-mildly effected
mild high from 10:05-10:45, one more hit at 10:50 resulted in pleasant yet intense high
not as high an hour later, “coming down” around 12:45-1:00

2. Effect onset [7] Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.

3. Sativa influence [7] Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

4. Indica influence [2] Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.

5. Potency [6-8] Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. Duration [see notes about 2hours] Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.

7. Tolerance build up [ ] Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.

8. Usability [ ] Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day. Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Morning - wake up [8] Day - work [9] Evening - relax [6] Night - sleep [4]

9. Overall satisfaction [7] Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10.Ability and conditions [10] Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high. Consider experience, strain familiarity, atmosphere, current tolerance and most importantly the condition and preparation of the sample.

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use. Yes [x] No [ ] It’s satisfying but, could be replaced with something better.

12.Rate the noticeable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take care to use the appropriate column for your response. Delete the existing space when recording your entry to maintain the columns in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should not be construed as medical advice.

What effect did the strain have check [P] off if the you got a POSITIVE EFFECT and check [N] if you had a NEGATIVE EFFECT

[P] Ability to rest or sit still
[P] Anxiety relief
[P] Appetite- thirsty, but not negative effect. Want sweets and fruits, and cold foods/drinks
[P] [N] Audio perception
[P] [N] Humor perception
[P] Imagination/creativity
[P] [N] Paranoia relief
[P] [N] Sex drive
[P] [N]Sleep [P] [N] Pain relief
[P] [N] Speech process
[P] [N] Taste perception
[P] [N] Thought process
[P] [N] Visual perception

FINAL THOUGHTS:
Very sticky zero days cured.
Fresh buds, very fresh high. Preferred day time use. An overall positive effect and versatile use from ability to be motivated and active, to the ability to relax and take in surroundings.

after 2wks in jar she has improved but the high has a low ceiling. Im so sad about this. we smoke and vape her and feel unsatisfied. Smell from jar at this point if very Blue and turpintine w/very slight gasoline undertones

Gona give it a one month cure and give another report.

This report may change if the 65day BA is better... this pheno may prove better than I first gave credit... sorry. all the other runs were at 60days but we chose to do some to 65 and more and this may be what she needs... hmm

Last edited:

Goyakla

i have grown it outside at N.52... and mine was def., indica Kush pheno.... and as a bonus it turned blackpurpel in Oct., might be temp... but that pheno with BB genes is one hell of a smoke....and NO mold even up here... it is a keeper this pheno... very strong and relaxing.. with a smile and icecream...

one Q

Quality
Veteran
How long was the sample you reported on cured?
2 weeks. Thing is the flavor is WAY better now that it's been a month.

Yah the high is not much improved but its not BAD just not what you think of when you see "blue" and "apollo."

Sorry no pics. I dont DO pics... too P.noid

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
2 weeks is dried, not cured. So you wrote a report on uncured bud, which will be better after a full two month cure. That is what your report sounded like.

I just ran JW's white russian, two phenos. After dry, they would get me high, but not stoned. At one month of cure they were better, tasted better, and more stoney. At two months, they flat out kick my ass, and taste great.

We do breeders a disservice when we rate their flowers uncured.

H

southpaw

2 weeks is dried, not cured. So you wrote a report on uncured bud, which will be better after a full two month cure. That is what your report sounded like.

I just ran JW's white russian, two phenos. After dry, they would get me high, but not stoned. At one month of cure they were better, tasted better, and more stoney. At two months, they flat out kick my ass, and taste great.

We do breeders a disservice when we rate their flowers uncured.

H

Very good point Haps, and for the record, I meant absolutely no disrespect to JW with my post above. BA is one of his crosses that hit my radar the second I saw it, and I've been hoping for awhile someone might post a sparkling grow/ report with it. I haven't read anything very negative either, it's just with Apollo 11 and DJ's BB in the mix, I expected more.

I still might try it sometime. If I had more space/ time, I'd definitely grab a pack and see what I could see.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Haps, youre right. This is why this thread is called the long run. It could be the pheno too. Now that it's been a while, i notice a difference. The smell is way more candy like now too.

the other phenos need to be ran still. Ill update over time.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I have been trying to learn and understand curing myself, glad to hear it keeps improving. I just popped some of JW's blueberry myself, hoping for one good pheno, which is a good bet with his gear. Thanks for not getting pissed by my comment.
H

one Q

Quality
Veteran
This stuff is not for conversating. The high is good and clear but a bit challenging to stay in one place mentaly. The wife and I having a long chat with a movie on in the backround, only to find ourselves wrapped up in the movie and forgetting that we were talking.

AF told me that he forgot that he wasnt at home and was a bit suprised when he got up and realized that he was at our friends house. lol Another friend that same night didnt want to get up from the couch on the porch and just chilled for 30 min after we decided to all leave.

Just putting that out there.

Grand Funk

BA was one of the first commercial strains I grew. I got the pheno with the big fat tight indica nugs. Yield was medium/low, but the cured product was very very uplifting clear thought provoking high. Nice for an indica looking and acting plant. Wish i kept her. I took her down at 62. 50/50 amber/cloudy. Odd huh?

one Q

Quality
Veteran
we settled on the non foxtailing pheno with the 56day flower time. Could prollly come down @ 50 or so... up dates soon.

first run on this pheno was 30g on a 1gal plant scrog with only 5 tops. And she was PK burned like fuck. of the ones that burt, she was the least effected and still came strong in the end.

Dakuta

Another report, maybe this cross isn`t what people expect it to be. The ApolloXcindy is a good combo, can Highly recommend it right now.
Maybe JW has same.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Ya Dakuta. Maybe it was more about crossing the Names and not really any real reason. Both strains are fine by them self, so crossing them would be even better... eh, maybe not.

I will say that everyone else LOVES it. Some of these ppl think everything is "dro" though. She gets 3 more spots in the next run, we shall see.

Latest posts

Latest posts