What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis patent applications

burningfire

Veteran
A patent or a trademark? how can they have claim to plants like these? these sound like crosses using already established cultivars.

if they want to spend the money and prevent anyone from using those names that's fine but why a patent?

CaptainDankness

A patent or a trademark? how can they have claim to plants like these? these sound like crosses using already established cultivars.

if they want to spend the money and prevent anyone from using those names that's fine but why a patent?
So the original breeders of a clone only can't be sold by someone who just bought one cutting.

You should still be able to chuck pollen. Won't be all bad if me or you could apply for a patent on a clone only we won a cup with. If you had the rights to that cup winner you could make a hell of a lot of money even at $10 a cut. Globally you might sell over a million cuts.

Nexus7

There was a Candian breeder guy with a strain with unusually high qualities of a specific terpene. Maybe linalool or pinene. Do you know about that one Sam?

What is unique/novel about the cake batter?

Peace,

N7

CannaZen

There's also open source seed initiative patent, not really sure why i would file for patenting just that sense of legitimacy in legal climates just to have originality of my own procession. I really need to read up on that. Like anybody can have purchase or sell share seed but its licensed patented for said purpose. MANY generations away, decade of work blending seed together. Wish to patent when the forerunner plants are successively blended but then What are you supposed to do re-patent after re blending? sensimilla field seedplant crops are diverse for a purpose.

Last edited:

Gry

Wallowing in delight which others chosen to bless us with, while
trembling in fear contemplating forward abuses of their children.