What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Blueberry Trials

Ralph W. Llama

A Chimera SS x BB lower getting fuzzy, with fruity aromas that are changing too quickly to describe accurately yet.

Last edited:

Ralph W. Llama

She's a full 9 in the flavor and aroma show, the effects are positive and up too. I will try to get some close-ups to show coverage.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The tent after switch to flowering. Some serious stretch and variation. Both good news as far as options in the line.
20211212_093754.jpg
20211212_093817.jpg
20211212_093733.jpg

Smaller plants are Blueberry Indica and a few Fruity. The tall plants and the squat WLD plant are the Fruity line. Small plants have a new home just finished and will be moving there tomorrow.

20211212_093804.jpg

Ralph W. Llama

Chimera's SSxBB. This was the best of 3 females from a single 10 pack. She won for effects, flavor and yield, although the yield was still not huge.

Last edited:

browntrout

Veteran
Anyone try Humboldt’s blueberry muffin? Would like to find some MOB seeds again, too disappointed with DJ beans in the past to go back to those lines. I like what I’ve bred and by far the most blueberry I’ve seen yet but have put the project on hold. Would be nice to find that absolute straight blueberry flavor bomb were all looking for, may have to continue with the project.

lots of false promises and suggested possible outcomes in blueberry strains

LostTribe

Premium user
Are the blueberry and flo lines finiky? Looks like the f13 may not like full strength looking better.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Blueberry lines are notoriously finicky. Which I believe is why so many growers think blueberry sucks. They do not posssess the skills to make her shine.

They are sensitive to Nitrogen. I feed bloom nutrients in veg and occasionally a blend of veg and bloom if I see any yellowing lower leaves.

Alpenglow

Anyone try Humboldt’s blueberry muffin? Would like to find some MOB seeds again, too disappointed with DJ beans in the past to go back to those lines. I like what I’ve bred and by far the most blueberry I’ve seen yet but have put the project on hold. Would be nice to find that absolute straight blueberry flavor bomb were all looking for, may have to continue with the project.

Not grew the Blueberry Muffins yet, but they are already in my fridge and i will give them a try next year, same for the old Blueberry Line from Nirvana they where giving out last year for the 25th Anniversary.
From the description, i would not expect the Blueberry Muffin as straight Blueberry. The closest i have grown so far was the Blueberry F2 from ApeOrigin from old DJ Stock.
Damn they went straight "Wild Fruit Marmalade", definitely on the blue side

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

I have what I was told is the f9 blueberry muffins cutting. Easily my favorite berry strain so far. Does not lack on potency, flavor or yield. All the way done around 7 weeks. Tons of bag appeal.

Attachments

• photo2095107.jpg
    photo2095107.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 36

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bluedigiberry from VerdantGreen is the current leader. Real blueberry tasting pot and effect. Amazing! Pics in post 255. Seeds available through seedbay. (Sidenote: Verdantgreen's Bubba Kush is also excellent)

Thanks Lester !

Seeds are ready to send, just waiting to hear back from Seedbay and for the germ test !

VG :tiphat:

JockBudman

A wee blueberry parfume f3 created by Thcvhunter and passed tae me by bleepboop

Had 9 but only got 4 tae germ- 3 boys an this girl. She's been pollinated (hopefully successfully) by the boys, as has everything else in this run - 2 red snake & 4 tropical mix wi 2 of them bein OT haze (1 pure, 1 mebbe a cross)

Cut now an hangin an am lookin forward tae tryin her - lovely jam smells an the bud ah tried frae the line off bleepbloop was really nice, flashback tae the best of ma youth stuff.

Got high hopes for the snake cross, one is a big yielder even mistreated so that's ma A line for a backcross. Next would be one of the tropical mix that flowered rapid an smells lovely an fruity but may bring herm traits. Final choice would be a haze cross but she needs bulk an speed more than more legs. Either way the backcross will happen as the vigour and yield on mum is no great but if the effect is like the stuff ah tried it'll be worth keepin.

Attachments

• photo2095647.jpg
    photo2095647.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 38
  • photo2095648.jpg
    photo2095648.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 38

Ralph W. Llama

This HM x BB F2 has developed some bluish purples as it gets closer to finishing, while going initially from cedar/amber to very berry in smell.

Last edited:

Ralph W. Llama

The HMxBB returned to cedar with a hint of berry and brought back some old memories of 80’s smells. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Lester !

Seeds are ready to send, just waiting to hear back from Seedbay and for the germ test !

seedbay asked me to send them in early Jan so they should show in stock there very soon ! - they will be 12 seeds per pack x

Ralph W. Llama

A second HMxBB F2 sister, she is even more lanky and sports long skinny foxtails. The first went 10 weeks, this one is already at 10 and not even close to done. I'd like to say she leans towards the HM, but maybe she throws back to the Thai in BB. No strong smells yet.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
seedbay asked me to send them in early Jan so they should show in stock there very soon ! - they will be 12 seeds per pack x

Just a heads up for those waiting, BlueDigiBerry F3 posted today , should be up on seedbay in the next couple of days.
12 per pack, and i have 'curated' them so that they all contain 2 seeds from each of the 6 female plants i used !
cheers

Ralph W. Llama

Coming along on the HMxBB F2 #2. With regards to foxtails, I have occasionally seen them develop like this one, where the flowering tip goes to single calyx and then finishes with a bulbous flourish. Still no strong smells, but from looks alone, I am interested.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts