What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

where is ABC?

therevverend

Veteran
"Though they’re not the hops used to make beer, the specisis humulus yunnanensis, native to Southern China, is garnering a lot of attention right now. Originally due to cross-pollination with wild cannabis plants, these hops took some cannabinoids into their working systems, including CBD. Dr. Bomi Joseph selectively bred the found plants for maximum CBD production and said derivative is called ImmunAG."

Hadn't heard about that. I got excited at first, lots of articles about it. Then I dug a bit and found out it's probably bullshit.

https://hightimes.com/news/researcher-claimed-cbd-hops-revealed-convicted-con-artist/

It's strange because there's still marketing and articles about what an exciting discovery it is along with articles about how it's fake. Funny how easy it is to trick the press and how little background work the 'science editors' do. I'm only taking 5 minutes to do this, later when I have time I want to look into it more. I saw one article talking about other plants that produce different cannabinoids. I'd expect that on the one hand but on the other I want to make sure I don't get duped.

Some people dont appreciate its ornamental value like they would like to think, I suppose? To me, it is the most different unique looking cannabis to date, so much so that to the untrained they may not see it other than an herbal shrub, that's what makes it cool.. it looks like an herbal shrub and yet its still cannabis. Even i see it that way.

My point was that whatever commercial value people thought the plant had turned out to be zip. Despite that it's cool that people are keeping it around. It's remarkable after all this time that it still is getting circulated with enthusiasm. I can think of other strains, good ones, that have disappeared in that time period.

Mutations are special.

I've seen weird mutants with similar weird leaves, almost as radical as the ABC. One would put out one leaf at a time, every couple weeks. You'd put it in 12/12 and it wouldn't flower. Just..keep...making...one...leaf...at..a..time. After 8 months we culled it. I've got a 'mutant' now that produces an insane amount of resin. For every ten grams of bud I trim I get half a gram of resin stuck to my fingers. Dried buds, handling them carefully. Normally it takes several hours of trimming to get that much sticky. Never seen anything like it. That's the kind of mutant I look for!

ozza

Veteran
I will try too find it. It was a recent find so could still just be an Australian escapee.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
@painted_forrest_farms is the reason we’re all finally able to grow these mutants in our own gardens.

Not only because he traveled to the other side of the planet to get them but also because he actually released them once he did.

This plant has been treated like the Ring in those movies. All who possessed it seemed unable to loosen their grip on it. It was just too precious.lol

Not long ago, I stumbled upon a picture new of ABC during a routine google search that led me to @painted_forrest_farms IG account.

I was pleased to hear that Nspecta and @painted_forrest_farms agreed to work together to preserve and spread the seeds.

I can’t say for sure but I got the feeling that if @painted_forrest_farms was not going to released them, Hyb might never had as well.

Nspecta

Veteran
@painted_forrest_farms is the reason we’re all finally able to grow these mutants in our own gardens.

Not only because he traveled to the other side of the planet to get them but also because he actually released them once he did.

This plant has been treated like the Ring in those movies. All who possessed it seemed unable to loosen their grip on it. It was just too precious.lol

Not long ago, I stumbled upon a picture new of ABC during a routine google search that led me to @painted_forrest_farms IG account.

I was pleased to hear that Nspecta and @painted_forrest_farms agreed to work together to preserve and spread the seeds.

I can’t say for sure but I got the feeling that if @painted_forrest_farms was not going to released them, Hyb might never had as well.

I fully agree with this ^^^^^ and I'm glad I could support @painted_forest_farms releasing the pure ABC seeds. :tiphat::dance013::ying:

PDX Dopesmoker

I fully agree with this ^^^^^ and I'm glad I could support @painted_forest_farms releasing the pure ABC seeds. :tiphat::dance013::ying:

Thats huge, massive news if it comes true. I went the appropriate place to look for painted_forest_farms and didn't find them specifically, but did find pics and good news.

nRgLBnY.jpg

It seems like Subterfuge is the name thats being used.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
It seems like Subterfuge is the name thats being used.

Subterfuge#1 is a mutant line that Hyb (@hybritech) has been working for the last 20 years, while ABC is the uncrossed pure mutant line(EDIT:lines)

There are also quite a few F1 crosses of ABC available.

This is definitely the year of the mutant!

Last edited:

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
it has been found in Iran as well.

The guy with the Iranian Landrace story was EpheDrone25. He had already said it grew from a pack of “old time moonshine” seeds in a different thread.

I asked him about the two different stories but he didn’t reply. Even though I had made it totally clear that I didn’t care if he was full of shit!haha

I’m pretty sure Zion and EpheDrone are the same guy. Not certain but..... pretty sure.lol

He found it in a pack of seeds just like Heath Robison did a few years later.

One possibility is that Fet screwed up and a couple of his mutant seeds found there way into a couple of packs of spice brothers seeds and were eventually found.

Another possibility is that the packs were bought from Mark Emery. And a couple of the mutant seeds he originally gave away found their way into a couple of packs and eventually found.

My moneys on the latter.

Farma

Unless you are actually from Australia, every man and his dog has had it at least once here, it's just really only worth having once, then the novelty wears off.

CannaZen

Mine smelled of eucalyptus and kerosene pine, really believe the leaves could be bred to grow larger. Imagine big abc kush plants. hybrids have shown they may grow large full sized plants miniature leaflets. Lets say imagine if that growth shifted from large stalk ))2304-0 to auto like shorter robust plant large leaflet abc. May take a decade but i feel certainly absurd about this.

Farma

There was never anything wrong with the look of it!

It has some great qualities also, it's frost hardy, you put it in the garden and give it only water and it will still produce over a lb of bud with little to no maintenance.
Some lines were very low in thc, the purple line that was grown in the back hills of the Dorrigo plateau was fairly potent.
It just never cured into a tasty quality product anyone really liked, the majority of it had a distinct metallic type of taste and wasn't ever a quality smoke.

It was definitely never hard to find if you really wanted it though.

People would grow it in their front gardens in town and we used to plant it in the planter boxes in the main street for shits and giggles when we were kids.

But not many people ever actually liked it.

Thesearch

I think i understand better now therevverend thats probably where ABC originated from; really special, let me clarify

I dont know, I think that's sort of an accusation that were insinuating, Mutations are special. Just glad the seeds are available want to share the love. Freakshow looks like a fern Guy said the plants had 20% THC hahaha, the photo on icmag looks legit though.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78188&pictureid=1886030

Hadn't heard about that. I got excited at first, lots of articles about it. Then I dug a bit and found out it's probably bullshit.

https://hightimes.com/news/researcher-claimed-cbd-hops-revealed-convicted-con-artist/

It's strange because there's still marketing and articles about what an exciting discovery it is along with articles about how it's fake. Funny how easy it is to trick the press and how little background work the 'science editors' do. I'm only taking 5 minutes to do this, later when I have time I want to look into it more. I saw one article talking about other plants that produce different cannabinoids. I'd expect that on the one hand but on the other I want to make sure I don't get duped.

My point was that whatever commercial value people thought the plant had turned out to be zip. Despite that it's cool that people are keeping it around. It's remarkable after all this time that it still is getting circulated with enthusiasm. I can think of other strains, good ones, that have disappeared in that time period.

I've seen weird mutants with similar weird leaves, almost as radical as the ABC. One would put out one leaf at a time, every couple weeks. You'd put it in 12/12 and it wouldn't flower. Just..keep...making. I've got a 'mutant' now that produces an insane amount of resin. For every ten grams of bud I trim I get half a gram of resin stuck to my fingers. Dried buds, handling them carefully. Normally it takes several hours of trimming to get that much sticky. Never seen anything like it. That's the kind of mutant I look for!

You should release those genetics ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts