What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Royal Gold Basement mix ?

Bobazeba

Has anyone used Royal Gold basement mix ? I'm wanting to move away from FFOF to a coco medium. Any issues ?:tiphat:

Saysay

I've been really liking it. Treat it like Coco and your good to go. I use it straight out of the bag.

Drop That Sound

Ive used it outdoors a few years back. Not to scare ya but around harvest I found aphids crawling inside the stalks of the plants... now it could just be a coincidence and I got them somehow, but my good buddy works at a hydro shop and always gives me the low down on mediums.

He is the one that first got me to buy it. Anyways last year I went in and figured I would pick up a bag or 2 to amend some soil for some OD, and he said stay away its infested with bugs, people been telling him.

Maybe you'll get lucky, I would order it direct or boil it first or something. I dunno but I trust my buddy. I stay away from it now. First time I used it I had no problems, along with botanicare slacker. Beginners luck maybe?