What's new

What do you say when customer service tells you..

justpassnthru

Veteran
The bank,

"You can do this on the internet.."

I say: "I am old and my computer does not have a cent sign!":blowbubbles: jpt

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I went to the bank ....

I went to the bank ....

As my wife wanted to deal with a CD. She puts them in different banks so she can get a better return. She has money in a few banks.

So we go to the bank, she needs me there to sign on a new CD.

I ask the teller what the rate was. He continued to try and sell my wife some shit CD. He would not answer my question.

Well that was enough for me, so I told him to write me a cashiers check, right now. I held up the line, he was mad. It took awhile and he gave me a Cashiers check for about $40,000.

I laughed at him as I left. As the customer stared in disbelief. We walked around 200 yards and deposited the check in one of the other banks we use.

My wife didn't tell me until later that I had another 100K+ in that stupid little bank.

Next time one of my CD's comes around, I might do the same thing again, just for shits and giggles.

:smoker:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
:tumbleweed:

A Certificate of Deposit - you give the bank a fixed amount of money for a fixed period and the give you the best rate.

Terms are usually for a year or more, but they do have 6 months, etc.

That's where you keep your big money

justpassnthru

Veteran
:laughing:
@420 Somewhere
I did a very similar thing, while traveling, couldn't get cash, closed my account..got plenty!
Must be a West Coast Thing! lol
:yay:

justpassnthru

Veteran
Go Awh Natural...

Northern Lights! Great Smoke! [YOUTUBEIF]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIXs6Sh0DKs[/YOUTUBEIF]

Stranger

CD = Certificate of depreciation

But really, where can you count on not losing anymore? Money market perhaps?

I do wish I could have been there though. Service is a dying skill.

Latest posts

Latest posts